Maxing out PC performace

mreid

Hello friends,

I am new to gaming and want to know if there are any changes I can make to Windows to max out my gaming experience. Currently I have to run the game on very low settings and it can still get choppy. If there is any info you need on my PC, just let me know how to find it and I will be glad to provide it. Thank you all.

Hello friends,

I am new to gaming and want to know if there are any changes I can make to Windows to max out my gaming experience. Currently I have to run the game on very low settings and it can still get choppy. If there is any info you need on my PC, just let me know how to find it and I will be glad to provide it. Thank you all.

You can try clocking up your CPU and RAM. Currently, I'm running a stable system with my CPU clocked to 3600Mhz and my RAM to 1500Mhz (1333Mhz at default). Game is running smooooooooooth.

I can help you. I just need to know a small number of things first before I write up a helpful guide on how to maximize performance:

1) RAM

2) Operating System (XP, W7, Vista)

3) Processing Cores (SIngle, Dual, Quad, Quad+)

Don't go following peoples suggestion on overclocking, especially if you haven't heard of the term before, you could make your computer worse, or even fry a component.

Check this guide, it may help you.

Or ultimately you can do this, but it's ugly as it says lol

Don't go following peoples suggestion on overclocking, especially if you haven't heard of the term before, you could make your computer worse, or even fry a component.

This. Don't start overclocking unless you know what you are doing.

This. Don't start overclocking unless you know what you are doing.

Yep, it took me 2 years to get my last machine fully optimised, my current one however I can't even get my CPU over 3.6 and stable, well kinda gave up because now as it's stuck at 3.3 lol. I blame the mobo and it's stupid backwards multiplier :o

i can help you. I just need to know a small number of things first before i write up a helpful guide on how to maximize performance:

1) ram

2) operating system (xp, w7, vista)

3) processing cores (single, dual, quad, quad+)

1) 6 gb

2) w7

3) Intel Core i7 Q720 @1.60GHz (if that helps)

I also feel obligated to say this is a laptop.

google for a program called 'game booster'

also, how low exactly are your in-game settings? my laptop is .much. worse than yours, the only thing better on mine is the video card. I noticed a great boost in performance on my laptop after turning down the shaders. sure, the game doesn't look nearly as nice like that, but what's a good looking game when you get 7 fps? ;D

Edited by amnie

Pretty much you need to set everything to low to get anything good out of that POS laptop graphics card.

The only way you'd realistically get much better performance out of it would be to upgrade the laptop (and ensuring that you get mid to high end discrete graphics therein).

Realistically though, set all the settings in-game to their lowest, update your Catalyst drivers, set your driver settings (Gaming --> 3D Application Settings) to performance and hope for the best.

I wrote a guide on how to thoroughly and effectively max out your performance on Windows 7 machines. Most of the tips however, work on XP and VIsta as well, but you have to go about it differently and through different shortcuts.

WIndows 7 Guide -- How To Increase SWTOR Performance

Wow. Nicely done. I'm always amazed at how some of you really go out of your way to provide good relevant info that really helps players, new and old, out. Outstanding work!

Hello friends,

Get an Alienware gaming computer with at least an i5 Processor (which is technically a quad core machine) 8 gigs of ram and a brand new 1 gig video card .

The game will run on max by default , and you'll have to turn stuff down because it either hurts your eyes or you can't read such tiny text in the sub titles when they're grunting and groaning and pretending to be speaking some alien language.