Trouble w/ crafting!!!

ForceMasterer

Noob Alert!!!

I am currently a lvl 38 Jedi guardian and though i have tried many times to solve it, I still can only craft lvl 10 armors and it takes forever to get my synthweaving skill up. Also note my level in Synthweaving is 40. Because a SWTOR loading tip was that you can reverse engineer items to get their schematics, I tried this, only to find that I did not learn how to craft them. I only got artifact fragments. Can someone please help?!?!?!?!

Edited by ForceMasterer

Go to the crafting trainer on the fleet. He'll have patterns you can buy. When you look at the crafting window after you get new patterns you'll see a dot or number on the left. If it's red/orange you'll typically gain 2 skill points in crafting it. Green will be 1 skill point. Gray will be 0 skill points. These items you can reverse engineer and learn better versions of them.

There should be a long guide on Reverse Engineering around here somewhere. In that guide, it has great pictures of the tiers of schematics obtained from REing a piece of armor...that will help you learn new schematics....blue and purple levels I mean.

As for leveling up synthweaving itself, just google synthweaving leveling guide. I'm sure there are many out there. The point of that is, to craft X number of Y, Z times until your synthweaving level increases. Then you go buy a new pattern from your trainer....rinse , wash, and repeat. Assuming you've prepared and have the necessary mats....it shouldn't take longer than a weekend of semi casual play to level to 400.

Yes. With each specific skill increase (40, 60, 80, etc), new schematics became available for you to purchase. If you look at your crew skill trainer and click the drop-down that allows you to see all the schematics, it will show you what skill number you'll need to aim for to be able to buy new ones all the way to 400.

As for REing, well, it can be a long, tedious process.....sometimes you'll get the blue schematic right away, other times you have to RE over a dozen times before it triggers. But it will happen, just keep trying and be patient -- it's random, afterall. :rak_04:

Okay, well I just got on and though I am level 40 in synthweaving, there are no new schematics from my trainer on the fleet (Master Obip). The menu is literally blank. Just blue. I selected "all" in the drop down menu. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Greetings everyone!

Thank you for your helpful responses to the thread author's question! You can find more information about crew skills and crafting in our Crew Skills Guide Directory. This showcases resources that may be of assistance to you such as the following community created guide:

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile: