Optional Cross Server LFG Tool

alifaraaz

Hi

This suggestion generally applies to both WZ and Flashpoints etc, but the original thought was regarding Flashpoint lfg tool.

I understand that as some polls have shown majority of the playerbase appears to be against cross server and that is a vocal minority pushing for cross server. However with several dead servers I'm sure that minority is growing.

Ofcourse we all hope transfers will make all the active servers nice and healthy, but unless the high pop cap servers come soon (which I understand they are not) here is a potential solution. I feel that although cross server lfg has many cons and imo the cons outweight the pros. However ignoring the pros completely seems like a bad idea.

My idea is simply a cross server LFG tool that prioritizes and promotes same server grouping. For example the tool would have an option to restrict group searching to your server. Having this enabled makes it a simple same server tool. Disabling the feature allows the search to be broadened to other servers. However when a role needs filling eg Tank, and there is a tank qeued on your server and on other servers, the tool will prioritise grouping with the tank on your server. This would allow in server communities to grow by promoting the same server grouping without people on low pop servers struggling to get a group at all.

You could also limit the random flashpoint commendation reward to same server only, to promote it further, but I wouldn't think that would really be required.

Ofcourse I don't know how hard creating something like this would be, and I understand even if you like the idea there may be limitations that stop it from being made, or taking months to develop. But I'd like to see what you guys think, and maybe even what BW think.

On a side note, I did post this in another thread, but it was kinda ignored :p not a good sign. Nonetheless sometimes I feel people in general discussion don't really wanna hear solutions, they just wanna argue about stuff they're not happy about.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree, some of us dont want to transfer all of our chars to some high pop server so we can have wait times, quest ninjas and what not. I think making it optional would be a amazing idea

i think a cross server pvp would be way better than fp cross server because now with transfers everything will go faster and you won't kill the community with cross server pvp if they add it in a way where team 1 is from server 1 only and team 2 is from server 2 only that way they won't have trouble with names and that stuff