Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Read This (very informative).

So I came across a link in a player's sig on the forum gave it a read and thought that "some" people might find it educational. Its quite long but worth it and hey you might get some laughs =]

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

So if you have already read this pass it up of course but if not enjoy :] or be enraged >:[ whatever your fancy.

Yes, I'm sure the team working on WoW is so large there's a lot going on with development in all the teams and it can be difficult to appreciate all that work from the outside.

This game isn't WoW, though. How many experienced programmers are left after the blood letting I wonder? They outsourced their customer service and there are rumors now they want to outsource their programming to some other shops as well:

http://toroz.com.au/2012/05/its-about-the-numbers-swtor-and-subscriptions/

Let's see how that works.

Edited by jgelling

Yes, I'm sure the team working on WoW is so large there's a lot going on with development in all the teams and it can be difficult to appreciate all that work from the outside.

This game isn't WoW, though. How many experienced programmers are left after the blood letting I wonder? They outsourced their customer service and there are rumors now they want to outsource their programming to some other shops as well. Let's see how that works.

Lets.

This game isn't WoW, though. How many experienced programmers are left after the blood letting I wonder? They outsourced their customer service and there are rumors now they want to outsource their programming to some other shops as well. Let's see how that works.

Speculation is fun, isn't it?

You overlooked the fact that they poached the team from DA3.

Edited by OmegaMayhem

Speculation is fun, isn't it?

You overlooked the fact that they poached the team from DA3.

Hey, why not? Anyhow, whoever they poached performed a small miracle to get the game ready for launch. I just hope there's still a good team like that in-house at BW. But I'm thinking the cuts might have been very deep if an EA spokesman is talking about outsourcing:

Edited by jgelling

Hey, why not? Anyhow, whoever they poached performed a small miracle to get the game ready for launch. I just hope there's still a good team like that in-house at BW. But I'm thinking the cuts might have been very deep if an EA spokesman is talking about outsourcing:

No, the poaching was only a week or 2 ago.

No, the poaching was only a week or 2 ago.

Really, you have a source for that? We've all heard about the scramble pre-launch but I didn't realize they'd brought in a lot of new people recently? For 1.3?

That would be really encouraging if they were actually making a big push so recently.

Edited by jgelling

Wow, and that was just two weeks ago. And EA went on to announce the delay in a major game during their earnings report, and people assumed it was DA3.

So... I don't get it - they pulled people from DA3 for SWTOR right when they're announcing the sub losses and then fire 30% of their team? How does all that add up?

It seems like there's just mixed signals on what's going to happen to the game,

Wow, and that was just two weeks ago. And EA went on to announce the delay in a major game during their earnings report, and people assumed it was DA3.

So... I don't get it - they pulled people from DA3 for SWTOR right when they're announcing the sub losses and then fire 30% of their team? How does all that add up?

Probably firing people in a different role to the people they have poached? Not every programmer works on the same bits, or maybe they need less designers since the major graphical items are finished now, who knows except BW & EA!

I welcome it tbh, means they haven't written off SWTOR, especially since the DA franchise is worth alot of money so postponing it's release shows commitment to SWTOR imho.

It's cheaper.

Just pray they don't get to WAR levels, where they forget to turn off weekend events for 2 weeks because literally there are no devs.

Edited by Goretzu

Don't automatically assume this is factual. Key words are in the title 'Analyst says'. Key words in the text itself 'Analyst[snip] believes...'. All this is nothing more than speculation from a source not in any way related to Bioware or EA.

Edited by Chrysantemum

Don't automatically assume this is factual. Key words are in the title 'Analyst says'. Key words in the text itself 'Analyst[snip] believes...'. All this is nothing more than speculation from a source not in any way related to Bioware or EA.

agreed,that whole article is just speculation

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.