The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What are ranked warzones

DevonDs

I've seen a lot of emotion around this topic, so, these people are upset that there isn't way to keep score in pvp.....are there ways this effects gameplay, where they can go or their rewards or who they get to fight or how often.

(I've edited my post as it did sound unintentionally judgmental about something so important to a lot of people)

Edited by DevonDs

Its a way of traking how good/bad you are in pvp, it tracks win/loss ratio and who you won or loss against, so if you win against a team with a much lower rating your rating will improve less than if you won against a team with an even or better rating.

I'm hoping it will also track stats like highest crit etc, but thats unconfirmed as far as i know

Edited by Dafroog

No I really didn't know. I figured it had to with being put into specific battles with similar folks or some other definition that changed how the game was played. I am also wondering if I heard right because it seems like a lot of folks are very upset, and to me this seems like a relatively small thing. To others it is a deal breaker.

It's a device to measure PvP Epeen.

Why is being competitive considered Epeen?

Would you say Obama has an epeen issue since he tracks his standing in the polls?

Would you say all sports players have epeen issues because they compare their rankings?

Would you say anyone in business trying to succeed by trying to be better then the competition has epeen issues?

Basically the only people that dont have 'epeen' issues are people who sit @ home all day smoking @#$ and wacking their @#$% to dreams they will never realize because they have zero drive to be competitive.

I am sorry if wanting to see where people stand in relation to each other bothers you so, but it sounds to me like you are just mad because either you dont want to compete or are afraid you will do badly. Regardless your bitter attitude towards those who enjoy it is rude. Just because people enjoy having rankings doesnt mean they have 'epeens.'

Would you say Obama has an epeen issue since he tracks his standing in the polls?

Would you say all sports players have epeen issues because they compare their rankings?

Would you say anyone in business trying to succeed by trying to be better then the competition has epeen issues?

Basically the only people that dont have 'epeen' issues are people who sit @ home all day smoking @#$ and wacking their @#$% to dreams they will never realize because they have zero drive to be competitive.

I am sorry if wanting to see where people stand in relation to each other bothers you so, but it sounds to me like you are just mad because either you dont want to compete or are afraid you will do badly. Regardless your bitter attitude towards those who enjoy it is rude. Just because people enjoy having rankings doesnt mean they have 'epeens.'

Are you in denial? It seems like it.

I respect poeple wanting a competitive expereince. It is different from the experience I seek so my asking for clarification was like asking someone "WOW you really like brussel sprouts and liver" that doesn't mean brussel sprouts are bad or that the people that like tbrussel sprouts don't deserve to buy brussel sprouts, or stop shopping at stores that don't sell them.

I don't have epeen issues, and I take great offense at you saying that means that and I quote"Basically the only people that dont have 'epeen' issues are people who sit @ home all day smoking @#$ and wacking their @#$% to dreams they will never realize because they have zero drive to be competitive."

I don't have the desire to have my mostly evening after work MMO expereince based on competition. HOWEVER!!!!

I also don't spend my days sitting at home, I don't smoke @#$ and I don't @#$% to dreams I will never realize.

I spend my days doing bereavment work at a hospice, I work and help people who have had serious loss in thier lives, AND you know what....After a day where I am doing 2 hour groups with parents who had a small child day, indiviual sessions with children as young as 8 who lost thier parents, time going to homes where people are activly dieing and helping the family in the final hours.....Yes thats right after a day where thats what I do, I don't come home to spend time competing on an MMO, I spend the time enjoying the experience.

I know that competition is important to many folks, and that it is an important part of many MMO's most of my freinds who play MMO's are very competitive, and enjoybeing part of highly placed Guilds, who finish things first etc.

In my opinion there is Nothing wrong! with being competive, and as hard as it is for you (Kashley) to understand many of us believe that it is also ok to not be competitive in all parts of our lives...AND for your information I am living my dream, I worked very hard to be able to be a grief therapist, it is my dream...SO KASHLEY I spend my days living my dream and my nights not being competitive.

If your goal was to insult those of us who are not competetitive in our MMO experience you succeeded in at least my case, and your overarching "Basically the only people that dont have 'epeen' issues are people who sit @ home all day smoking @#$ and wacking their @#$% to dreams they will never realize because they have zero drive to be competitive."

Is incredibly wrong in my case and I am sure in many others as well.

I get that you enjoy competition, many people do. I also get that you are in****ing and rude, that in no way means that people who like competitive PVP the same as you. Guess that is one of the differences between us.