Preferred Healer?

Wintervoid

No, not what class, but what style of healer?

Would you prefer a healer that focuses only on healing or a Hybrid that heals for less, but contributes more to Damage? Does it matter if it is a premade or PuG?

I have played both, and I have settled on the Hybrid build for my Scoundrel. IMO, the loss of some healing is made up for by the added flexibility. The ability to help focus down a target is sometimes more valuable then added healing, and can actually save healing in the long run. With this build I also have the ability to keep opposing healers distracted from healing their group, or solo killing a single guard on a node. Basically, I try to find where the group is lacking, and fill the hole. Sometimes that does mean strictly healing and forgoing DPS.

I will say that if I was running premades, I probably would prefer to play a dedicated healer as I would know we would have adequate DPS and I would have some support. It may be more boring, but it would be more efficient.

What do other think? Does a hybrid playstyle help to fill in gaps for PuGs, or is it irritating that your healer is wasting energy on sub par damage?

full time healer only... we imps do not tend to have a problem with dps, but lack of healers, so 2 full time healers are pretty neat.

And I prefer mercenary and sorcerer over operative. Of course as a tank my full time job is to guard and protect those, which is sometimes quite hard when focused.

I play a hybrid sage, and it works best with another full healer in the group. As the sole healer i can't keep up against a competent group for very long even if they don't focus me.

With a full healer though it's incredibly strong, as we can keep all the dps and each other alive in the beginning and as soon as we have a slight overweight, i can switch to damage, and the fight ends before the killed guys respawn. If i made a 8 man team for ranked, thats probably the healer setup i'd go with.