N_inja

Arsenal Tree:

1) Grant 15% speed boost while High Energy cylinder is active

2) Reduce cool down of Power Surge by 30 seconds

Pyro Tree:

1) Power Shot has 100% chance to activate Combustible Gas cylinder

Pyro Tree:

I like this. We need a way to compete with Powertechs and their 100% proc rate. Spamming Rapid Shots like an idiot just isn't a reliable way to get that to happen.

Edited by TheHeat

Knockbacks should not fill resolve, as they do not prevent the target from performing any actions.

The talent Jet Boost should be buffed to reduce the cooldown of Determination by 1min. Most other popular PvP specs have two "trinkets". This will give Arsenal the same amount over time, only you'll only be able to use one at a time.

The talent Power Overrides should be buffed to reduce the cooldown of Concussion Charge by 100%. Only one target can be CC'ed with Concussion Missile at a time. Give Arsenal and Gunnery a CC niche.

The talent Barrage should be changed to give Power Shot and Tracer Missile a 15%/30%/45% chance to finish the cooldown on Unload, reduce it's activation time by 50% and lower it's heat cost by 100%. If this is too much of a DPS increase, remove the Riddle talent.

The talent Pinning Fire should be changed to give Heatseeker Missiles a 50%/100% chance to slow the target's movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds. A snare on HSM would be much more useful than having it on Unload.

Heatseeker Missiles should have it's cooldown lowered to 10 seconds. If this is too much DPS, lower the base damage.

The talent Target Tracking needs to be fixed for Unload.

Ability delay for Power Shot and Tracer Missile needs to be fixed.

Expertise needs to be fixed for Arsenal Mercs in warzones.

And finally, Tracer Missile should have it's animation change reverted.

Edited by fujeo-finel

Pyro Tree:

2) Incendiary Missile replaces Power Shot proc for PPA.

These and I would be happy.

Edited by Phrase

2) Incendiary Missile replaces Power Shot proc for PPA.

These and I would be happy.

you will be very unhappy with heat management if this happens...

i've tested this many times on training dummies and multiple 45+ champion mobs.

keeping IM up, as well as using it as the PPA isn't as good as it sounds.

you will be very unhappy with heat management if this happens...

i've tested this many times on training dummies and multiple 45+ champion mobs.

keeping IM up, as well as using it as the PPA isn't as good as it sounds.

Having an instant cast IM at 25 heat that would grant a 45% proc for a free Rail that would vent 8 heat (getting it down to 17) and granting a guaranteed 9% dmg boost for that Rail along with the subsequent Rapid Shots (due to Rain of Fire) all the while benefiting from the tech crit and DoT boosts from Burnout; over casting a 1.5 cast Power Shot (which is very situational and all but needs a sacrifice of 3 points in pushback reduction, unless you're mostly PvE) and only grants a 16% chance to put a burn DoT on a target?

Yes, please.

And forgive me for not taking your anecdotal testing dummy "evidence" to heart.

Having an instant cast IM at 25 heat that would grant a 45% proc for a free Rail that would vent 8 heat (getting it down to 17) and granting a guaranteed 9% dmg boost for that Rail along with the subsequent Rapid Shots (due to Rain of Fire) all the while benefiting from the tech crit and DoT boosts from Burnout; over casting a 1.5 cast Power Shot (which is very situational and all but needs a sacrifice of 3 points in pushback reduction, unless you're mostly PvE) and only grants a 16% chance to put a burn DoT on a target?

Yes, please.

And forgive me for not taking your anecdotal testing dummy "evidence" to heart.

Not entirely relevant but power shot has a 32% chance to burn, no? it counts as 2 shots fired. Might be wrong but that's what I always thought.

Not entirely relevant but power shot has a 32% chance to burn, no? it counts as 2 shots fired. Might be wrong but that's what I always thought.

you are correct, sir.

not to mention, it's channeled...so, by the time it is cast, start to finish, it costs about <8 heat.

anyone that wants to argue math, just go test it yourself...

ACT has a really easy to use plug-in.

Edited by T-Assassin

How bout Giving us a 2pt Talent in the pyro tree 3rd tier that says "reduces the cost of Missle blast by 5/10 heat. Also, missle blast has a 30%/60% chance of proccing a Flamethrower with no channel time. (only avail to mercs).

Also very much like the idea of High Energy cylinder increasing Arsenal mercs run speed by 15%.

Edited by TyrellJonez

Arsenal is turret that would benefit from abilities snipers have access too. Pyro mercs pale in comparison to powertechs - better synergy/procs/higher burst/utility. My marauder rips through them and powertechs can give as good as they get. I use too feel for them being subpar...now I just miss them. Haven't seen

a commando or a merc in PvP for some time now.

Edited by Serpieri

How bout Giving us a 2pt Talent in the pyro tree 3rd tier that says "reduces the cost of Missle blast by 5/10 heat. Also, missle blast has a 30%/60% chance of proccing a Flamethrower with no channel time. (only avail to mercs).

Also very much like the idea of High Energy cylinder increasing Arsenal mercs run speed by 15%.

good to see some ideas!!

i like the missle blast idea, the FT proc MIGHT be a bit much...depends on playstyle...i rarely use mine...i'm NEVER within 10m of >2 people.

and i like the run spd on HEC...