The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Oil Slick Worth it?

Amien

I'm thinking about switching to the Tank tree for some more group utility down the road- currently only lvl 21.

So, is oil slick worth it in PvP? I'm sure it's very useful in PvE.

I use oil slick quite a bit. Especially against maras.

When I see groups of 2 or more: Jump > Carbonize > Oil Slick > AOE taunt > Flame Sweep > pick a target and enjoy.

When a ball carrier is getting ********ed: grapple one back > guard the carrier > jump in > carbonize > oil slick > aoe taunt > flame sweep.

Remember, a shield tech's job is to mitigate damage and protect other players. Oil slick is a very important part of this. Using all of your abilities correctly can make a huge difference in the game.

I use oil slick quite a bit. Especially against maras.

When I see groups of 2 or more: Jump > Carbonize > Oil Slick > AOE taunt > Flame Sweep > pick a target and enjoy.

When a ball carrier is getting ********ed: grapple one back > guard the carrier > jump in > carbonize > oil slick > aoe taunt > flame sweep.

Remember, a shield tech's job is to mitigate damage and protect other players. Oil slick is a very important part of this. Using all of your abilities correctly can make a huge difference in the game.

Thanks! I've recently switched back to AP on my BH. There isn't really a point to me speccing into right now since I'll be missing some crucial abilities like stealth scan/charge. Once I get into the mid 30s and 40s I will look back into the tank tree to give more support than DPS to my group!

Thanks! I've recently switched back to AP on my BH. There isn't really a point to me speccing into right now since I'll be missing some crucial abilities like stealth scan/charge. Once I get into the mid 30s and 40s I will look back into the tank tree to give more support than DPS to my group!

There is absolutely NO reason, except to make your life harder, to spec AP before level 40. Both ST and Pyro are much better leveling spec than AP because they get their main talents earlier. AP doesnt start to come together before level40. If you want to solo Heroics without any issues, go ST. If you'd rather kill trash faster and be more of a dps, then go pyro.

There is absolutely NO reason, except to make your life harder, to spec AP before level 40. Both ST and Pyro are much better leveling spec than AP because they get their main talents earlier. AP doesnt start to come together before level40. If you want to solo Heroics without any issues, go ST. If you'd rather kill trash faster and be more of a dps, then go pyro.

Hey Sweet, I'll try that then! I've just started getting into the cool talents at level 23 (Venting heat every 6 secs is pretty amazing!) Also, the DoT on command from Gut is great for Railshot. I will spec into ST until later levels then. I appreciate the advice!