The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Light Vs Dark

DarkLumi

Uh, no, actually - I wasn't any of that.

Then you weren't paying attention to the whole story.

I could go into more detail with spoilers to point out to you where the story railroads you into terrorism and cop-killing, but there is no way you could have missed the fraud thing if you've played bounty hunter to any significant level.

After playing the BH from 1-50 and after watching it again on youtube I simply don't know how LS BH would work in the narrative. It just doesn't fit in my opinion as sarog said.

One conversation I really liked was after nar shaada mako asks the BH are we different from that assassin dude we are told to capture?

The ds bounty hunter response is pretty much "Nope are aren't really different at all" I mean the great hunt is a contest for the best galaxies hit man. Mako see's the whole BH thing through rose/beer tinted goggles hence why I take gault everywhere since mako would not like the things I do which brings the credits home.

I mean the BH takes out and kills everyone on the republic ship and kills a jedi master, lets not forget the cop killing and killing the people who have the right to take you in because no matter how you cut it the BH is a criminal.

As I said before BH can fit somewhat if you are neutral but the narrative flows better imo if you are dark 1-5. As I said after viewing and playing the BH story it fits a darker kind of character.

I am going light with my bounty hunter because from my research 3 companions are more light sided than dark and I want to be able to reach high affection. Also mandolorians are honor bound anyway and since when is brutal murder honorable, you know besides the usual where we all kill the thousands of NPC's that stand in our way?

My intention was, and I am, playing a totally LS BH and, yet, I feel ... dirty.

At first, on Hutta, it seemed like everything would be ok, that the BH just happened to live in Imp space but didn't have any real connection to them other than some glancing contact on occasion.

Then you get to Drumond and you start to get pulled in to the Imp world. Some quests I intially refused to take, then took them to see how they would play out and, fortunately, the writers always give us a LS 'out' even if it's hard to see when you take the quest how that could possibly come about. (There are still a couple of quests that I've avoided accepting, though, because they sound just too reprehensible.)

And all my protesting that "I'm not an Imp!" doesn't change the fact that I'm their toady, doing their dirty work for creds. If I was so concerned about moral issues, why don't I start working for the Republic?

Personally, I play DS because the choices are more fun than LS. There are not many situations IRL where you can act like an ******e and get away with it. So, if a game offers the outlet to act like one, then why not? :p

I also think that DS suits the storyline more. Having a LS BH is weird to me. I could settle for a neutral one [and my original intention with my character was to have them as neutral], but LS seems contradictory to the role of the BH. That's just me though.