definition of "soon" in the swtor universe

within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.

before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.

promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.

readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.

early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.

EXPAND

Obsolete . immediately; at once; forthwith.

within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.

before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.

promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.

readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.

early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.

EXPAND

Obsolete . immediately; at once; forthwith.

The definition of "Soon" is mutable, contexual and relative - Soon derives its definition from the context used in.

Edited by Ujest

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Bioware does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

(stolen from WoW, changed the company name)

Soon™ is a time honored MMO / software developer's time-frame that tends to mean it's being developed. To expect a specific date etc is the height of lunacy in the software world.

This. The word 'Soon' as used by Bioware is absolutely no different from the other developers that use the word. Valve, Funcom, Blizzard, ArenaNet, etc etc, all use the word. It's silly to just single out Bioware.

LOL this thread reminds me of a old joke I heard as a teen ager!

How do you keep a moron in suspence?

Ill tell you later!

grins for us it should be

How do you keep a sucker in suspence?

Ill tell you SOON

:)

I propose we come up with our own definition and then hold them to it each time they say it.

Within 2 weeks = imminent.

within 1 month = soon.

within 2 months = before too long.

Beyond 2 months = eventually / it's in development / it's on the list / anything else they say.

Think we can get them to use the above? We or I don't care about anything past 2 months. Our attention can not be held that long. Our focus is on much shorter time periods.