Third faction coming?

Mallorik

Fake or not, we should pretend that it is true and just answer the question.

If not the survey answer YES or NO on Two Factions.

I don't know about the smuggler story, but IA would be easy to turn into a third faction player in future expansion acts. Would you want to see Smuggler, Agent as some sort of quasi-third faction? Perhapse certain new game mechanics can be developed where as the smuggler could actually try and smuggle things to and from both republic and imp space with a mechanic designed for faction players to stop them. A similar mechanic could be for the agent and sensitive information selling (think shadow broker from ME or something like that). Maybe they can even toggle on a feature where they can group together like a true faction until they toggle it off; say a smuggler mode or a covert agent mode.

Edited by AeSaar

Fake or not, we should pretend that it is true and just answer the question.

If not the survey answer YES or NO on Two Factions.

I don't know about the smuggler story, but IA would be easy to turn into a third faction player in future expansion acts. Would you want to see Smuggler, Agent as some sort of quasi-third faction? Perhapse certain new game mechanics can be developed where as the smuggler could actually try and smuggle things to and from both republic and imp space with a mechanic designed for faction players to stop them. A similar mechanic could be for the agent and sensitive information selling (think shadow broker from ME or something like that). Maybe they can even toggle on a feature where they can group together like a true faction until they toggle it off; say a smuggler mode or a covert agent mode.

As my IA is a Sniper, I'd rather have the option to sneak onto Republic Fleet / home worlds and randomly pop people...

It seems fishy. There is a lot in the offering for only 9.99. Heck the 90 days of free time has me really boggled

I, personally, would rather that they allow falling/redeeming rather than a third faction.

Lord Praven can be redeeemed

Ako Domi cna be redeemed

Lord Scourge changes sides

A couple of the Jedi that I have fought have shown that they were truly dark siders in Jedi clothing.

Why can't I?

Wait, I just looked at the whole thing, something looks really wrong with this.

• 2 weeks later...

A third faction would be easy.

Copy the races.

Copy the NPC's.

Copy the Fleet.

Copy Hutta or Nar Shadaa and make it the Hutt planet.

Mix up the quests between rep & imp and copy the existing Hutt quests.

Done.

I think a talented developer can do that in... 10 minutes. Maybe 5 minutes more for a coffee break.

You have NOTHING to do but copy everything existing and it's done. That's the way they made republic.

Edited by LovarBoy

Copy the races.

Copy the NPC's.

Copy the Fleet.

Done.

I think a talented developer can do that in... 10 minutes. Maybe 5 minutes more for a coffee break.

You have NOTHING to do but copy everything existing and it's done. That's the way they made republic.

New combat animations and voice over work for 4 classes would take a very long time.

Like i said before, if they are going to release a 3rd faction anytime soon i think it will be pvp only like rift is doing, with a 3rd faction available to both sides for an openworldish wz/planet.

Edited by Mallorik

New combat animations and voice over work for 4 classes would take a very long time.

Like i said before, if they are going to release a 3rd faction anytime soon i think it will be pvp only like rift is doing, with a 3rd faction available to both sides for an openworldish wz/planet.

Combat animations?

They are already existing, aren't they?

I think SW:TOR will never has a third faction. Look at the amazing addon for SW:TOR with the Cathar and level cap increase this year for ~ 6,99 Euro ( ~ $ 11 Dollar )...

Combat animations?

They are already existing, aren't they?

I think SW:TOR will never has a third faction. Look at the amazing addon for SW:TOR with the Cathar and level cap increase this year for ~ 6,99 Euro ( ~ $ 11 Dollar )...

they are different for every class on each faction, it is one of the major problems devs have with balancing the classes so far. making abilities match combat animations.

they are different for every class on each faction, it is one of the major problems devs have with balancing the classes so far. making abilities match combat animations.

Oh, thanks.

Maybe you are interested in:

Trailer for SW:TOR coming 2012 ( New Level-Cap, Cathar-species etc. ).

Copy the races.

Copy the NPC's.

Copy the Fleet.

Done.

Sure, if you want everyone complaining about how the 3rd faction is a crappy copy/paste job that a developer slapped together in 10 minutes. But if they want it to be any good they would have to invest some time...at the very least 4 class stroies which are all voiced of course.... and 5 companions per class, so 40 new companions to create and voice. they would basically be remaking another third of the game to do it right.

People who want a third faction want their faction to feel like its part of the game and has the same depth as the other two, not just soemthing that was cheaply tacked on for the sake of doing so.

Edited by thepilk

There has been people getting a survey email asking about a future swtor expansion, they have several different options in the survey but the one thing that does not change is the over all story of the expansion:

The hutts have risen with enough fire power to challenge the empire and the republic. it sounds to me like its definately an opening for a third faction, if not a completely new faction atleast a pvp only faction like Rift is coming out with.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

And people still wonder how they get hacked...