How to combat snipers?

Slamuel

Well, I am a sniper, so I probably don't want to tell you how...

Ah, what the heck, I'll do it anyway.

As a watchman, you want to burn force camo just before you enter Leg-Shot range. If you get within there, I can hit you with a root, and then start an attack chain of destruction.

Cover is the strongest asset a sniper has. If you start a fight on them before they get it, you've already got a good advantage. And they CANNOT be interrupted. If you use force stasis, it should force them out of cover, unless they hit entrench beforehand. A sharpshooter gunslinger friend can use smoke grenade to force them out of cover for several seconds, so teaming up with one can be fun.

If you see Ambush coming, use pacify. Marksmen snipers have a knockback attatched to it, as well as a reduced cast time. Even if they aren't marksmen, it's one of the heaviest hitting attacks they have.

Finally, be sure to position yourself so any knockback isn't going to give you a long way to come back. If there's an obstacle you can use to reduce knockback distance, use that.

Finally, keep an eye on your health. You have Dispatch for people under 30% health, they have Takedown for people under 30% health, and have a much better range than you.

They have plenty of tools to keep you out of melee, just like you have plenty of tools to stay in melee.

Well, I am a sniper, so I probably don't want to tell you how...

Ah, what the heck, I'll do it anyway.

As a watchman, you want to burn force camo just before you enter Leg-Shot range. If you get within there, I can hit you with a root, and then start an attack chain of destruction.

Cover is the strongest asset a sniper has. If you start a fight on them before they get it, you've already got a good advantage. And they CANNOT be interrupted. If you use force stasis, it should force them out of cover, unless they hit entrench beforehand. A sharpshooter gunslinger friend can use smoke grenade to force them out of cover for several seconds, so teaming up with one can be fun.

If you see Ambush coming, use pacify. Marksmen snipers have a knockback attatched to it, as well as a reduced cast time. Even if they aren't marksmen, it's one of the heaviest hitting attacks they have.

Finally, be sure to position yourself so any knockback isn't going to give you a long way to come back. If there's an obstacle you can use to reduce knockback distance, use that.

Finally, keep an eye on your health. You have Dispatch for people under 30% health, they have Takedown for people under 30% health, and have a much better range than you.

They have plenty of tools to keep you out of melee, just like you have plenty of tools to stay in melee.

is the leg shot range 10 m?

I suggest not to use force camo right at the beginning.

What you want to do is LoS them as much as possible and thus forcing them to move if they want to kill you.

If you really want to kill them; try getting close, start hitting and when they use knockback use force camo to get behind them

When you pop up behind them, they will usually stay where they are and you should be able to get some nice hits of.

As well only on snipers/gunslingers I tend to use both rebuke & saber ward so that most of their abilities will barely hurt me.

Edited by Stealios

gunslinger/snipers may seem difficult but if you utilize your skills it makes them ez to take down.

Like most have said, Force Camo is nice to use but I only use it during there AoE knockback

Pacify is your friend. I always apply it when they cast Aimed Shot/Ambush to negate that big hit and also negate the knock back if there spec'd into it.

Sent blows till you get lvl 50, then snipers are a cakewalk.

Not really.

If i have all cooldowns ready on my Gunslinger its almost amusing.

Step 1:

Find a cybertech to make you seismic grenades

Great tool indeed.

Edited by Sabredance

As a Combat sentinel its too easy.

Run/leap to them. They will knock you back.

Force cloak (removes immobalise)

Run/leap to them again. By the time your cloak wears off you will be in their face.

Debuff their accuracy 90%.

Kill them in under 5 seconds.

Edited by CivicTiger