Carnage pvp rotation?

darkusnite

So I'm bored with annihilation and I'm trying to master Carnage now. With annihilation, I can pretty much top 300k dmg, average 30-50 kills, and usually top 5 in objectives on a winning team in WZs. With Carnage, I feel like a glass cannon that dies often before I can kill more than one opponent. I enjoy the fast paced play style but I am not sure what the best rotation is. The guides that I have seen lay out the rotation for PVE stationary targets that have ravage in the middle of the rotation, which I've always used towards the end in annihilation. any tips would appreciated.

Easy. This:

Massacre > Gore > Ravage > Force Scream

There's a talent that makes Ravage root the opponent, forcing them to be stationary. So the only thing you have to mindful of is KBs/stuns during ravage. If a KB happens, that's why we don't use charge to open a fight because you can just come right back for the Force Scream before Gore fades at the very least.

Another good rotation is:

Berserk > Gore > Massacre > Massacre > Massacre > Force Scream > Then 3 more Massacres after Gore fades.

I have found the best way to open is to hold gore until they have knocked you back.....every time I jump in and go for the dmg dump I always get knocked back......I find it much more fruitful to jump in battering assault, massacre by which time to knock back comes.....then I can happily root them with the heal debuff (sorry name escapes me) as it usually has about the same range as the knock back.

Then you can stroll in gore, ravage into scream for uber dmg on a hapless target. I also tend to save my relics adrenals and bloodthirst for this point too.

Easy. This:

There's a talent that makes Ravage root the opponent, forcing them to be stationary. So the only thing you have to mindful of is KBs/stuns during ravage. If a KB happens, that's why we don't use charge to open a fight because you can just come right back for the Force Scream before Gore fades at the very least.

Another good rotation is:

Berserk > Gore > Massacre > Massacre > Massacre > Force Scream > Then 3 more Massacres after Gore fades.

So I just throw in a Battering Assault for a rage builder when needed?

I have found the best way to open is to hold gore until they have knocked you back.....every time I jump in and go for the dmg dump I always get knocked back......I find it much more fruitful to jump in battering assault, massacre by which time to knock back comes.....then I can happily root them with the heal debuff (sorry name escapes me) as it usually has about the same range as the knock back.

Then you can stroll in gore, ravage into scream for uber dmg on a hapless target. I also tend to save my relics adrenals and bloodthirst for this point too.

Yeah, it is always helpful to be mindful of KBs and even stuns. I often shake someone out so they use KB and it completely misses me, or even place my back on a wall next to them so it doesn't hit me more than a few meters.

So I just throw in a Battering Assault for a rage builder when needed?

Yes sir. I often open up with battering assault and assault then go straight into whichever rotation is open. It takes about 7 or so rage (with according talents) to pull off in a row. The second rotation requires around 7+ rage depending on how many massacres you want to throw off.

Edited by Animaras

Easy. This:

Don't forget to stack as much power and surge as you can, I've been able to get people down to ~20% after getting this rotation off then it's all a matter of making sure you have the rage for a Vicious Throw.

I think many people are leaving out alot of skills in your rotation:

Charge or run to target

Snare + Assult + Throw (20% healing debuff)

B.Assult + Mass + Gore + Ravage + Scream

Forcechoke + Charge/Snare + Throw (20% healing debuff)

Bezerk + Gore + Mass spam -> scream. -> Vicous Throw

Edited by Amins

Don't forget to stack as much power and surge as you can, I've been able to get people down to ~20% after getting this rotation off then it's all a matter of making sure you have the rage for a Vicious Throw.

I stack crit and surge. Power would be ideal for drawn out fights, but with our burst and medium armor, doesn't favor us too well. But yes, after the rotation I get people down to that amount as well, just leaving me to finish them off and move on to the next target.

I think many people are leaving out alot of skills in your rotation:

Charge or run to target

Snare + Assult + Throw (20% healing debuff)

B.Assult + Mass + Gore + Ravage + Scream

Forcechoke + Charge/Snare + Throw (20% healing debuff)

Bezerk + Gore + Mass spam -> scream. -> Vicous Throw

These are all situational things, therefore not mentioned in a rotation. Outside of the primary/priority skills and rotation, these are things you use to fill in between or use when the situation deems them useful.

I stack crit and surge. Power would be ideal for drawn out fights, but with our burst and medium armor, doesn't favor us too well. But yes, after the rotation I get people down to that amount as well, just leaving me to finish them off and move on to the next target.

I'd be pressed to say it doesn't seem to matter which is stacked then if we're getting pretty much the same results.

I

These are all situational things, therefore not mentioned in a rotation. Outside of the primary/priority skills and rotation, these are things you use to fill in between or use when the situation deems them useful.

Saying a 20% healing debuff and Snare is situational suggests you are a PVE'r.

Thread states Carnage PVP Rotation. nuff said.

Saying a 20% healing debuff and Snare is situational suggests you are a PVE'r.

Thread states Carnage PVP Rotation. nuff said.

Refer to the quote below.

IMHO, for PVP, there is no set "I win" rotation Carnage/Combat as for me it depends on which WZ, what class(es) I am facing, and WHO I am facing.

Agreed. It's like saying "Hey! I'm facing a sniper, better root him while he is in cover and give him a healing debuff while no healers are in range! Not like I need that rage or anything...." Hence the "situational" ability use.

C'mon, really? Lets be smart people.

Edited by Animaras

It is true that Carnage's survivability isn't up par with Annhilation but the burst damage is good enough for you to kill healers/tanks.

During before, i always open up with FC > BA > Gore > Ravage > FS. But always end up getting knocked back/pushed away.

I always open up with FC > BA > Creepling Slash or Saber Throw or Rupture (to burst them bubbles) > Mass > *FS* situational > Mass > *FS* *situational if Blood frenzy is activated.

So i always reserve gore/ravage if my target used his cc/cloak or unless i have a full resolve so in that way I can kill my target in one rotation which is Gore>Ravage>FS.

Edited by zxckakel