1.3 Darth Hater article

Mallorik

Even WoW's cross server LFG is limited to their server cluster BattleGroups. With them talking about creating Super Servers with much higher populations then any TOR server has had before, basically making Fatman look like a light population server, and free transfers, I don't see how that its a certain fail for a LFG tool that is server only.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL things that should have been there since day one. This is standered modern day mmo stuff.

How many months do you think the launch of SWTOR should have been delayed to launch with 1.1 through 1.3? Multiply that by $20 million, and that will be a good approximation of the revenue lost.

Even WoW's cross server LFG is limited to their server cluster BattleGroups. With them talking about creating Super Servers with much higher populations then any TOR server has had before, basically making Fatman look like a light population server, and free transfers, I don't see how that its a certain fail for a LFG tool that is server only.

Most people don't understand this logic.

Even with heavy populated non-super servers the single server LFG will be useful.

If they make "super servers" and make them big enough i think same server lfg would work just fine. But until they do come the servers will just keep shrinking after the server transfers just like they did before and are doing right now.

Most people don't understand this logic.

Even with heavy populated non-super servers the single server LFG will be useful.

Ofcourse they will be more useful than what we have now, but will they be useful enough to keep people happy? wow and rift already said they didnt and they are both more suitable to same server lfg than swtor is, so why would anyone think swtor is different?

Edited by Mallorik

How many months do you think the launch of SWTOR should have been delayed to launch with 1.1 through 1.3? Multiply that by $20 million, and that will be a good approximation of the revenue lost.

Bioware didnt hold those things back because of time or money, they flat out said they didnt want them and didnt think a successful mmo needed them and now are slowly admiting they do need them one by one.Thats a huge difference.

They are still extras, not basic features for a game in 2012.

Would it be nice to have at launch? Yes

Are they essential to have at launch? No.

5-6 months is a good time period to judge whether or not a game needs them.

You speak as if your words are the ultimate truth, yet so many defies your subjective oppinion in this thread.

I'm afraid that you see things exclusively from your own point of view, instead of what the majority really thinks.

I don't see that your oppinion is more right than others, when infact it's seems to be more wrong than right and doesn't really take account for the dire reality of how ToR are, and it's dire future.

Unfortunaly moderators usually won't punish those who talk in favor of their product, no matter how little sense it makes or how annoying it is.

This is precisely why the game is failing miserably. Sadly by time they realize this and get around to adding it the game will be all but dead.

It sounds like they flushed the wrong people down the tube, from the look of it the senior developers are doing everything they can to keep the game from being successful.

Yeah it really does feel like that.

Dev A: Hey lets copy WoW but lets not add any of the cool stuff in that made WoW popular

Dev B: Oh my goodness thats a good idea!!!!

Yeah it really does feel like that.

Dev A: Hey lets copy the stuff that people enjoyed from vanilla WoW but lets not add any of the stupid stuff that made WoW crappy

Dev B: Oh my goodness thats a good idea!!!!

Fixed that for ya

Edited by Skidrowbro