John Riccitiello - "Realistically, TOR's a solid success."

JeramieCrowe

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can believe that this game is profitable and I also don't think this 'not in the top 5' comment is bullsht.

The quote said TOR was in their top 10, just not in their top 5. It would be crazy to have higher expectations of this game then already existing and profitable IPs such as the ones mentioned. Not because they don't 'believe' in this game like it's some kind of magical unicorn, but because it makes sense to have more faith in products that have a history of turning a profit. I know TOR isn't exactly a new IP but it is a new format and a risky one at that.

And this Evil EA empire thing? A number of years ago, they gained significant criticism for their destructive practice of taking over small companies for their successful IPs then shutting them down/forcing drastic changes on them. I believe it was around 2008 that they acknowledged this had been happening and decided to turn things around. About that time a whole heap of developers signed with EA and came out saying that they had reformed and were going in really good direction. As far as I'm aware, end of story on that one. If anyone has anything new that I've somehow missed I'll be happy to stand corrected.

For the record I'm not trying to defend any faults with the game. There's definitely some things that are in serious need of improvement. Whether you think it's worth your subscription cost is totally up to you.

... if you think EA has turned around your a mental midget.. they arent here to make you feel speical, an think your feelings mean a damn.. theres a reason theres hours, an hours of invester ******** we have to read/listen to.. They care only about money.. an if you think the second this game isnt making them money its gonna get thrown in the trash your lying to yourself.. welcome to a downward economy.. you cant cut it, your gonna get cut yourself..

.. why waste resources on this piece of trash.. (yeah I love alot of the game but as an overview its >TRASH< to them.. ).. Big numbers? Large fan base /laughs dont lie to yourself.. they can dump out another POS with the Madden Tag an make twice whatever this game will make/ for the cost.. your just a cute lil bump on their profit curve.. this isnt *********** bill gates giving to school kids.. this is the harsh reality of what it takes to be a HUGE corperation.. especially one in a market thats going sideways..

... if you think EA has turned around your a mental midget.. they arent here to make you feel speical, an think your feelings mean a damn.. theres a reason theres hours, an hours of invester ******** we have to read/listen to.. They care only about money.. an if you think the second this game isnt making them money its gonna get thrown in the trash your lying to yourself.. welcome to a downward economy.. you cant cut it, your gonna get cut yourself..

.. why waste resources on this piece of trash.. (yeah I love alot of the game but as an overview its >TRASH< to them.. ).. Big numbers? Large fan base /laughs dont lie to yourself.. they can dump out another POS with the Madden Tag an make twice whatever this game will make/ for the cost.. your just a cute lil bump on their profit curve.. this isnt *********** bill gates giving to school kids.. this is the harsh reality of what it takes to be a HUGE corperation.. especially one in a market thats going sideways..

Wow. The hypocrisy of you calling someone a mental midget while failing to read what they said is nothing short of staggering. Had you actually read the post, you would have discovered that he said nothing about "feelings." Instead, he came right out and said that TOR isn't in their top five precisely because it isn't a money maker like Madden or The Sims are.

You know, kind of like what you just said, only without the childish name calling and profanity. I'm not sure how you managed to miss his line of "but because it makes sense to have more faith in products that have a history of turning a profit," but I hope you had a sudden memory loss when you reached the "As far as I'm aware, end of story on that one" line that caused you to have some sort of hysterical reaction and forget everything that came before that. Anything other than that would only make you out to be the little child you quite clearly presented yourself as.

SWTOR is a financial success. They will have made all their money back by the end of the year. Bioware is doing what the community wants albeit at a slower pace then desired. Right now the top 3 gripes are

Server pop

cant find a group

cant find an op

cant get into a WZ

etc.

thats about to basically be fixed, with 1.4 coming with lots of content. People don't hate the core game, those people left and SWTOR still had 1.7 million. No reason to think that people wont come back and the game can't have a million by the end of the year. It's still a new MMO. And yeah, ppl will have their gripes with guild wars 2 as well.

is 1.4 bringing 400k players back to the game instantaneously? i dont see another way to fix server population thus fixing the LFG/OP problem as well as the wz pop problem. if there is no players to play with i dont see how 1.4 will fix this. gl on that

is 1.4 bringing 400k players back to the game instantaneously? i dont see another way to fix server population thus fixing the LFG/OP problem as well as the wz pop problem. if there is no players to play with i dont see how 1.4 will fix this. gl on that

They're taking the obvious and logical next step in 1.3 with transfers and LFG. That will improve the morale so not so many people will blow TOR's other issues out of proportion like they have been. It will help. It's a step in the right direction. Will it magically fix all? Of course not, but it will help.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

hopefully this year will be SWTOR's lowest point and it'll be all an upward trend from 2013 onwards... wishful thinking ftw

No Chance IMO.

Even on Fatman, A server that everyone is moving to and has no population problem our population seems to be in decline.

The patch notes need to be saying stuff like, 1 more warzones being added ilum fixed and ready to play again.

Not we will be working for the next 4 months to make the game stable. WoW and guild wars 2 will most likely launch before we really get anything new to sink our teeth into and get exited about.