Need server merges now

Stokeherwells

The game is dieing on low pop servers there is no one to play with no one to do flashpoints with no one to raid with, no one to do herics with, open word pvp is dead, the pop has gotten so low that most guilds have called it quits this game is so good but with no one to do antthing with it makes it lame. It dosen't matter how much content there is if theres now one to do anything with. We need server merges now not later, if you keep waiting there won't be anyone left by the time you do somthing. get off your butts bioware and do somthing wile there's still time we need server merges and cross quee's now not later

This topic is new and exciting! :rolleyes:

Seriously... they've stated "early summer" for transfers. They're working on it. When it's ready, it'll be ready.

It's like my 6-year old when we order something out to eat... as soon as we put the order in... "When's our food going to get here?" It'll be here after they get it done... same applies to this.

You want a more concrete time-frame? Can you guarantee not to rage if there's a hiccup and that time frame is pushed back? No? Then you can settle for "early summer". Also known as Soon™.

If your 6 year old was waiting 4 or 5 months on Bioware to do something, you would probably have a very hungry 6 year old who would be quite justified in his/her complaints. Either that or you would leave the restaurant because that is a ridiculous amount of time to wait.

Also, I don't think Bioware should treat their customers like 6 year olds (except the ones that are 6 year olds)

My point, if you didn't get it, was that there are tons of threads about this. CS will normally pop in and close the thread and recommend posting in the big thread on the subject. And that you won't get a specific time-frame on something other than early summer since if they did, and there was some issue, as happens, and they had to push the date back, there would be much rage, similar to the ranked wz fiasco.

Thanks. My point is that they should do something about it instead of talking about it. While this thread will likely get locked, I think we need more threads since Bioware still doesn't seem to think they have to do anything.

To clarify again; nothing has been done to help alleviate the problems with server population. Something should be done. That's different than talking about doing something sometime in future. As a player that has been directly affected by this, I would like to see action on Bioware's part, and I encourage more forum posts until something is done (not just promises).

Seriously... they've stated "early summer" for transfers. They're working on it. When it's ready, it'll be ready.

It's like my 6-year old when we order something out to eat... as soon as we put the order in... "When's our food going to get here?" It'll be here after they get it done... same applies to this.

You want a more concrete time-frame? Can you guarantee not to rage if there's a hiccup and that time frame is pushed back? No? Then you can settle for "early summer". Also known as Soon™.

the games been out for 6 months...

how long does it take...

Wait...they need merges now? Like right now? Today? B-but...That's what they said last week! And last month!

I have a feeling that BW is more than well aware of what their game needs, since they have already told us that tools for moving players around are already in the works and highly prioritized. If you can't wait until they are finished making them, then hold off on playing for a bit.

My point, if you didn't get it, was that there are tons of threads about this. CS will normally pop in and close the thread and recommend posting in the big thread on the subject. And that you won't get a specific time-frame on something other than early summer since if they did, and there was some issue, as happens, and they had to push the date back, there would be much rage, similar to the ranked wz fiasco.

Two things: first, even tons of threads apparently don't get the message accross. So keep 'm coming! Plus BW is talking about server transfers in early summer, while instead we really need server merges, and we need them right now.

Second, the complete radio silence about when the transfers will be available, is unacceptable. Potential rage about postponement is ultimately preferable over a total lack of communication. It only makes us paying gamers feel completely disrespected and ignored.

This thread won't accomplish anything to get the mergers done sooner. Money talks. I just cancelled my sub, No you can NOT haz my stuff. I will probably come back if and when transfers occur, unless somthing else better comes out. I still have hope for this game. It's still playable as it is , as long as there is a server population.

Two things: first, even tons of threads apparently don't get the message accross. So keep 'm coming! Plus BW is talking about server transfers in early summer, while instead we really need server merges, and we need them right now.

Second, the complete radio silence about when the transfers will be available, is unacceptable. Potential rage about postponement is ultimately preferable over a total lack of communication. It only makes us paying gamers feel completely disrespected and ignored.

Your best bets for actual answers would be Twitter...

http://twitter.com/#!/rockjaw

and

http://twitter.com/#!/JamesOhlen

Edited by LupieZero

Totally agree 17,00 CET - 9 people imperial fleet (basilisk droid) , 2 months ago was easy more than 200 ppl. In couple days free month finish, so nobody will be stay in this server. If bioware dont do something to fix that most of servers will be die soon. I hope i m wrong, but afraid i m right.

It is getting extremly critical, there are 60-90 people online on my server (imperial side) on freegin prime time :confused:

Ok, if making a whole bunch of forum posts doesn't help to make something happen, maybe we need to get Bioware to open source the code and someone who actually knows what they're doing can fix the game for them. If not forum posts, what other tools do we have to explain that we're losing patience with empty promises and rhetoric? I read the linked twitter accounts. It was the same "some day we will do something to fix the problem. But not today."

It is getting extremly critical, there are 60-90 people online on my server (imperial side) on freegin prime time :confused:

I know it's getting bad. I'm a member of a large multi-game gaming organization. We have both Republic and Imperial guilds on Port Nowhere. And even with that, it takes 10-20 minutes for a WZ to pop, much less find a group for anything. I've (temporarily) re-rolled on Jedi Covenant so that I can maybe do some flashpoints etc... It boggled my mind to see 90+ people on Korriban, a super-active General chat on DK etc...

Hi everyone,

As we already have several threads for discussion of the various aspects of this topic, we're closing this thread in the interest of consolidating discussions. We encourage you to join the existing discussions about this topic in the following threads:

Server population is dropping

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

Thanks!