The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tank gear @ 50

I hit 50 a few weeks ago and since have done basically pvp and have obtained 5 pieaces of WH. I would like to begin gearing up for tanking pve. A while ago I read something to the affect that an easy way would be running dailys to get item modifications and simply craft them into custom gear for starter gear.

Any links to guides or otherwise information would be appreciated.

Thanks

I hit 50 a few weeks ago and since have done basically pvp and have obtained 5 pieaces of WH. I would like to begin gearing up for tanking pve. A while ago I read something to the affect that an easy way would be running dailys to get item modifications and simply craft them into custom gear for starter gear.

Any links to guides or otherwise information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Evil, you're more than welcome to do the dailies, but I would frankly say that your War Hero gear will be better than any crafted gear with lvl 50 mods in it, even with all the useless expertise, because of how much higher the secondary stats will be. Typically, you lose primary stats using PvP gear instead of PvE gear; however, your secondary stats are equivalent to armor of the same rating/level regardless if it's PvP or PvE. So until you get comparable secondary stats--possibly in Columi but definitely from Rakata, Black Hole, and Campaign--I wouldn't waste dailies on lvl 50 mods. Those daily comms can be better spent on rakata implants and campaign relics.

Hope that helps! As is, I'd guess that you're probably well geared enough in WH Supercommando gear to do some HM ops already.