The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear with Hybrid Spec.

Kalirs

What gear should I use with Taugrim's Iron Fist Hybrid Spec? Gear meaning DPS/tank and what is the name of the war hero gear to use.

Ironfist isnt and was never a "hybrid" spec. It's a pvp tank spec. Like any other tank in pvp, you want to be in dps gear. Both Supercommando and Combat Tech are fine for a tank.

What gear should I use with Taugrim's Iron Fist Hybrid Spec? Gear meaning DPS/tank and what is the name of the war hero gear to use.

I run 26/13/2. Valor 89 with 10/14 war hero atm.

My head, chest, hands, legs, feet, and off hand are all supercommando. My belt, bracers, main hand, ear, implants, and relics are all dps.

If you are running Iron Fist, you want to spam rocket punch as often as possible. Since you will have talent points to boost crit chance for RP, you will want to focus on getting surge out of your dps gear. Try to get those RP crits to hit as hard as possible. People have different opinions, but try to increase your shield chance too since shielding increases the amount of RP's you can do due to talents (cooldown refresh).

People say that shields are useless in PVP because they don't block force/tech which is true. But it does block the other 2 damage types and does refresh your RP. Very useful IMO.

With my gear set + talent points, I can usually get 4-5 rocket punches per 1 v 1. All hitting for 2500-3000.

People say that shields are useless in PVP because they don't block force/tech which is true. But it does block the other 2 damage types and does refresh your RP. Very useful IMO.

This is particularly true with the proliferation of Sentinel/Marauders and Sniper/Gunslingers in 1.2. I got into a 2v1 with a wounded healer and Marauder in Huttball a few weeks ago and was able to finish off both of them partially because the Marauder was consistently proccing Flame Shield for me.