Having one of each class/faction

darthyrag

I really want to make a jedi guardian though I have a sentinel. Yet the way legacy works I'm kind of scared to wipe any of my alts cause I feel I'm going to lose out on the companion presence bonus. Really though do you need one of each class for the full legacy bonus? Buffs equal out for each faction?

Any thoughts.

Well i was talking more about the way its setup I guess. I was worried about the legacy companion bonus. The unlocks kind of equal out for the buffs. Since they are the same for both factions.

I liked the idea of having all toons of every class/faction for the legacy special but really its only a few seconds..

Thanks for the quick replies.

Each companion type has a primary bonus that you only get once no matter how many of that type you complete. In addition there is a secondary presence bonus of +10 per base class/companion type. So if you have a guardian and a sentinel you could only get that bonus once.

If on the other hand you have 1 of each of the republic base classes and 1 of each of the empire ones you could unlock the companions on all of them for 5 x 10 x 8 = 400 presence, with an additional 100 possible for human species unlock.

As pointed out you retain the unlocks even if you delete the character that unlocked them, so you could level one, plus all the companions and delete it to make room for another one.

I wish they wouldn't have made the sidequests. Then I might be still playing to see all the class stories. The heroic quests should be endagme and larger... I'll stop here kinda drifting away from the topic. Edited by Xrayll

What you could do is get max companion affection on an alt and then delete him/her. That way you have all the bonusses to presence. If you want to have all the legacy unlocks and 2 JKs, you will have to level a character to 50, delete it and get another class to 50...but I can certainly imagine that is not something you would easily do. Edited by Gokkus

So it works off max affection? Hmm never knew that.

I don't know I own two accounts so I just wiped the trooper i had an made a guardian on my main account. Then put the trooper who i no longer have on my main account on 2nd. I have hopes they allow acct to acct transfers in the future. Otherwise I will never own one of every class...kind of sucks..but hey whats the deal with 400 presence anyway?

So it works off max affection? Hmm never knew that.

Not quite. You need to complete all the companion conversations/quests. This may happen before max affection or you could hit max affection before that. Since a lot of companion conversations are linked to progress in your class story this prevents you just dumping a load of gifts on a companion to max them out and get a bonus.