The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You might be a powertech if...

TheOpf

1. You like to burn things down, but prison wasn't your goal in life.

2. You are too lazy to jump or chase things to you instead you would rather drag it to you.

3. You have started making your own grapple at home just to see what you can drag around.

4. The phrase kill or be killed is your wakeup call.

5. You set Text Message Notification is the sound of rail shot.

6. Your friends wonder why you keep screaming HO every time you play football.

7. You don't care what your car looks like as long as it's big enough to run something over.

8. You would rather shoot something in the face than stick it with a glowing stick.

9. You read this and realized you actually screamed "Get Over Here" when I referenced grapple.

Your turn guys keep it going.

Yea because PTs have and always will be FOTM lol.

I've seen tons of them since 1.2. This has come about from many merc bounty hunters shifting from Bodyguard or Arsenal to pyrotech, then realizing how much better Powertech pyrotech is, and rerolling PTs. Probably the third most common AC after maras and assassins.

I've seen tons of them since 1.2. This has come about from many merc bounty hunters shifting from Bodyguard or Arsenal to pyrotech, then realizing how much better Powertech pyrotech is, and rerolling PTs. Probably the third most common AC after maras and assassins.

And your point exactly? Oh yes, another hater. Learn to love instead of hate and your life will be much better.

Maybe in the lower brackets, but at 50, it is still extremely rare to see 2 PTs in the WZ, let alone 2 pyros.

And your point exactly? Oh yes, another hater. Learn to love instead of hate and your life will be much better.

I will learn to love powertechs, when their 60% armor penetration for rail shot gets tweaked, and the fact they get better use out of the Mercenary PvP set (+crit chance to rail shot) than mercs.

I will learn to love powertechs, when their 60% armor penetration for rail shot gets tweaked, and the fact they get better use out of the Mercenary PvP set (+crit chance to rail shot) than mercs.

Is an AP with 60% armor penetration on rail shot, an ability they can spam ONCE every 15sec, such an overpowered AC to you?! lol Did you know there are APs that dont even spec for using Railshot? OR are you strictly just talking Pyro?

With regards to set bonuses, do you see APs or STs running with Eliminator set? OR, again, are you strictly referring to Pyros who chose to go that route and have no 2pc bonus?

Sounds to me like a disgruntled Pyro Merc, who is not happy about loosing his supremacy.

True story:

The delve damage on Rail Shot (1.6k to 1.9k) is about 55% of the delve damage on Snipe (3.2k ro 3.5k) of a sniper in similar gear. Without the armor pen, and the surge talent it's just a useless white damage attack that does 2k at the top end.

Yeah dude, because armor does sooooo much in this game...

Have you even played this game before?

Okay this was supposed to be a humorous You might be a Redneck Ripoff, I was hoping would lend humor to our forums. Apparently it got turned into Marauders complaining about us, and people letting the trolls get to them. Ignore them and get back on subject.

You might be a Powertech if...

You called your girlfriend Mako during the night.

You checked your car for rocket boosts.

When the news starts off with the headline, Death from Above, you get excited.

You just flunked history when you answered the question, "Who were the Norse?" with "Those oddball AP PVPers."

The phrase combustible gas no longer makes you think of farting.

Edited by TheOpf

Okay this was supposed to be a humorous You might be a Redneck Ripoff, I was hoping would lend humor to our forums. Apparently it got turned into Marauders complaining about us, and people letting the trolls get to them. Ignore them and get back on subject.

You might be a Powertech if...

You called your girlfriend Mako during the night.

You checked your car for rocket boosts.

When the news starts off with the headline, Death from Above, you get excited.

You just flunked history when you answered the question, "Who were the Norse?" with "Those oddball AP PVPers."

The phrase combustible gas no longer makes you think of farting.

...you know more ways to cook a Jedi then you do to cook a steak.

...the last time you argued with your significant other, you made a fist, extended your arm towards her and pretended you had a 5x stacked PFT saved up for her. (true story and actually worked at ending the argument lol)

...you wish you could Death from Above the 3 kids who love to sword fight in the same room behind you, just as you are about to go in for a raid.

Edited by Agooz

...the last time you argued with your significant other, you made a fist, extended your arm towards her and pretended you had a 5x stacked PFT saved up for her. (true story and actually worked at ending the argument lol)

...you wish you could Death from Above the 3 kids who love to sword fight in the same room behind you, just as you are about to go in for a raid.

I find that a good Rail Shot proc chain ends arguments much faster.

...you, yourself, giggle when railshot procs

...you think its ok to die in that 1v1....as long as you can get the Thermal Detonator off before you go

Also, the reps on my server has a guild called Sandwich...

Oh the puns, the endless puns

You spend a lot of time working on different hybrid build tweaks, and come of with a creative name for each one, such as:

Ironfist

Roaring Chinchilla

Carolina Parakeet

Giggling Turtle

Maverick

Cross-eyed Gator

Combustible Parakeet

...you think its ok to die in that 1v1....as long as you can get the Thermal Detonator off before you go

yes YES OH GOD A THOUSAND TIMES YES. It's my little farewell present and it makes every death bearable.