Vig/Focus Guardian - What do you stack after Expertise?

Hyryu

Just curious what everyone is stacking in PVP gear. I currently have about 1400 Expertise and am buying War Hero gear. The issue with WH is that it starts to drop Strength and Crit which are two important stats as a Vig DPS. Just curious if you guys start to stack Strength or Crit over Expertise at some point.

If you leave expertise around the 1000 mark you should be fine. Any higher than about 1100 or 1200 and you're seriously sacrificing other stats. As Vigilance spec you'll want to keep your Power rating up, and make sure your Crit/Surge rating is reasonably high too. Probably Crit moreso than Surge as Vigilance

Just curious what everyone is stacking in PVP gear. I currently have about 1400 Expertise and am buying War Hero gear. The issue with WH is that it starts to drop Strength and Crit which are two important stats as a Vig DPS. Just curious if you guys start to stack Strength or Crit over Expertise at some point.

your expertise is a bit high. ive went from around 1105 to now 1033. and you will do fine.. especially as vigilance.. power is your friend and once u have crit to around 35+ buffed continue to stack power. nowadays.. if you arnt at least 18k health you just dont survive so keep that in mind as well.

There is no after.

I take all the expertise i can get.

Just don´t like the fact that classes with two weapons can stack more expertise on top of their additional augment slot

That is clearly an oversight.

Edited by Sabredance

There is no after.

I take all the expertise i can get.

Just don´t like the fact that classes with two weapons can stack more expertise on top of their additional augment slot

That is clearly an oversight.

Not really an oversight. Too much expertise means you aren't getting bonuses for other stats. If a Focus Guardian has 1400 expertise it probably means his/her surge rating and power are quite low. And that means very low damage output. No amount of expertise is going to make up for that. It's all about balance. If you overstack one stat, you're going to neglect something important.

Not really an oversight. Too much expertise means you aren't getting bonuses for other stats. If a Focus Guardian has 1400 expertise it probably means his/her surge rating and power are quite low. And that means very low damage output. No amount of expertise is going to make up for that. It's all about balance. If you overstack one stat, you're going to neglect something important.

Lets compare Guardian and Sentinel

http://www.torhead.com/item/cP4VD5z/war-hero-vindicators-lightsaber

http://www.torhead.com/item/eujLuxv/war-hero-vindicators-generator

151 Expertise+113 Expertise= 264 Expertise

87 Strength+76Strength = 163 Strength

111 Endurance+88 Endurance=199 Endurance

61 Power

53 Surge

53 Accuracy

55 Crit

(1 Augment Slot) = 30

Total 878

VS 2x

http://www.torhead.com/item/6CoBG70/war-hero-weaponmasters-lightsaber

2*151 Expertise = 302 Expertise

2*100 Strength= 200 Strength

2*102 Endurance= 204 Endurance

2*53 Crit= 106 Crit

2*53 Surge= 106 Surge

(2 Augment Slots) = 60

Total 978

Thats a stat difference of 100 points, 70 if we leave the Augments out of the equation.

An oversight to me.

If you leave expertise around the 1000 mark you should be fine. Any higher than about 1100 or 1200 and you're seriously sacrificing other stats. As Vigilance spec you'll want to keep your Power rating up, and make sure your Crit/Surge rating is reasonably high too. Probably Crit moreso than Surge as Vigilance

So lets see

You have 1000 Expertise and therefore

50 * ( 1 – ( 1 – ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( 1000 / 50 ) / 0.8 ) )

=19.83 damage bonus

100 – 100 / (1 + 19.83/100)

=16.59 damage reduction

I have 1400 expertise and therefore

50 * ( 1 – ( 1 – ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( 1400 / 50 ) / 0.8 ) )

=25.35 damage bonus

100 – 100 / (1 + 25.53/100)

=20.22 damage reduction

Where exactly do you want to spent those 400 points to make up for that difference?

As a Vigilance Guardian just take the Foestomper ear/switch some mods/enhancements and Crit/Surge will be fine.

Edited by Sabredance