Help Me Heal!

Yamirashi

Been messing around with a Scoudrel healing in PVP. After 2 tanks I wanted to try something different and having played Rogues in other games I felt like a stealth healer might make healing feel better for me :)

For the most part I've been frustrated. Everything always tells me to keep waiting till I get another talent. First was SRMP, and that helped a little, then I wanted the talent that gives me UH procs off SRMP. Still seemed a little lack-luster, so then I looked forward to EM. I've played a few matches at 30 and I'm still not overly impressed. I feel like all my heals hit me like wet noodles. I see other scoundrels posting large healing numbers and I'm not getting anywhere close. Honestly I know part of my problem is I get into smaller fights and wind up trying to fight rather than heal. I wonder if maybe my gear isn't as good as I think it is and I need to get some better stuff. Will check on that.

My biggest question is spec. I want to do one of the hybrids as I'm told they're much better in PVP. I'm just at a turning point right now. I know I want to get the free EM under 30% hp as well as Psych Meds, but I'm torn on Homegrown Pharmacology. I see a lot of Hybrids skip that talent but in feeling like my heals are already weak I felt like it would help. Does it not help as much as I'm hoping it does? Are those points better spent in a hybrid build in something like Stopping Power or Round Two?

Thanks for the help :)

This is the spec I am currently running with - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MffbzG0oz.1 I am currently 31 almost 32 and love the healing.

Are you just frustrated with the healing numbers or are you having trouble conserving energy or what? Since I hit 30 I've been putting up 150-180k healing in WZs pretty easily (here is a video I did last night actually on NC (

)), just tossing SRMP on people through out the match and spamming EMP when they are below 30%. I cast UM when I can and when I need to get a big heal off and hit DS when I need to regen some energy. You just have to find the right rotation that fits you the best. Also like you said you are getting into fights when you should be healing, coming from a DPS spec this took me some time getting use to. You play a support role so just stay in the back and keep the DPS/Tanks alive. Keep people off nodes when needed but for the most part just LOS heal like a mad man.

As far as hybrid spec sadly I can't comment on that yet, I may give one a shot when I hit 50 but till then I'll probably just stick in sawbones for the time being.

Thanks for the tips. Thats pretty much the spec I've been running myself but I'm only at 30 so I don't have the "free" EM talent yet.

I've really only played one or two WZs since I hit 30. Moved on to try some other stuff but it was mostly just after a night of frustrating WZs. My numbers as far as healing goes are never all that great, even when I feel like I was healing like a madman. I just always feel like I'm behind on healing, like fighting get out of a hole. I hear some people say that Soundrel healing is much more anticipated healing than reactive healing. And part of me wonders if that's my problem or what.

I don't really have energy issues, I typically get killed before I run out of energy. Part of my problem that I think I'm picking up on is the way I handle my SRMP. I've typically tried to get double stacks on me and 2 other people and keep them that way rather than casting 1 at a time on whoever is near me and keeping them rolling that way. That seems to be the preferred way to do it that I'm seeing now so I'll try to mix things up a little tonight.

I personally feel I've gotten used to using LOS and especially cover to aid my healing. Cover is a great mechanic for Scoundrel heals because I can keep people from charging or pulling me. I like the class just feel like I'm struggling to get my heals working well and am fighting over whether its more talents needed, better gear maybe, or just learning how to work it better. I know some of the Ops healers I go up against are absolutely ridiculous. I know one on my server has a pub alt, so I'm trying to get with him and get some tips.

Any more help from anyone else is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

31 made all the difference in the world. Plus my logic change on how I apply my SRMP's. Rather than trying to keep 3 people at 2 stacks all the times, just hitting anyone near who's taking a hint of damage with one. Once I got the 31 point talent that refunds the UH when under 30% health, I went from feeling useless to maniacally laughing and screaming JUST THIS ONCE ROSE, EVERYBODY LIVES!

Though I'm probably going to go on to full 31 spec. I'm hearing that it plays with groups better and I"m usually queuing with at least 2 other people in voice comms. The invincible Op healer from my server told me the spec he was running and it was full healing as well. If I go and get sucker punch I'm going to get myself in trouble trying to do damage rather than heal again.

Edited by Yamirashi
Added more

31 made all the difference in the world. Plus my logic change on how I apply my SRMP's. Rather than trying to keep 3 people at 2 stacks all the times, just hitting anyone near who's taking a hint of damage with one. Once I got the 31 point talent that refunds the UH when under 30% health, I went from feeling useless to maniacally laughing and screaming JUST THIS ONCE ROSE, EVERYBODY LIVES!

Though I'm probably going to go on to full 31 spec. I'm hearing that it plays with groups better and I"m usually queuing with at least 2 other people in voice comms. The invincible Op healer from my server told me the spec he was running and it was full healing as well. If I go and get sucker punch I'm going to get myself in trouble trying to do damage rather than heal again.

Did you read my post :p

Did you read my post :p

Actually yes I did (had to view your posts though cause I don't really pay attention to who says what on these forums, something about the layout I have to make myself look at who posted) but I had already been leaning towards that direction after talking with the guy on my server.

Its one thing to read a bunch of people on the forums and their opinion, its another to play against someone night after night and see how they frustratingly beat you every night. Especially when they are using your class. I was actually surprised he WASN'T running the hybrid from the things I was hearing here, but I'm going to change up his spec a little bit because I'm not too fond of how he spent his other 10 for my play style.

Edited by Yamirashi
added more

So you are level 30? Hybrids don't come into their own until 40+ when you can go deeper into the off tree, at the moment, just put all your points in one.

I was, but I was getting to the point where I could start putting points into other tree's, so I was looking to see where I wanted to put them. Thanks for the insight.

So you are level 30? Hybrids don't come into their own until 40+ when you can go deeper into the off tree, at the moment, just put all your points in one.

No scoundrel spec comes into "into their own" until lvl 40+. Hybrid, scrapper, or full healing. With that being said if you're fighing in some sort of 1v1 tournament then sure hybrid maybe the best bet, otherwise its a team spec fail.

I'm a lvl 50 Sawbones and it's been a while since I was in the sub-50 pvp w/ that character, but once you hit 33 things should start looking up. Homegrown Pharmacology and Emergent Emergencies will help a lot. I generally get SRMP rolling on 4 players before the match starts and then as the game goes just continue w/ those that seem to be getting hit a lot. You should have a minimum of 6 SRMP stacks out there at all times, whether it be 2 on you and 1 on 4 others or 2 stacks on 3 players just try to always have at least 6 rolling to help proc UH which you'll be able to get 3 of w/ Emergent Emergencies. Having that many SRMP out really helps you use EMP as your main heal and keep mobile. Once you get a rep on your server you won't have as much time to cast without getting interrupted and UWM is our only good cast ability so you need the instant EMP to be up as much as possible.

The mobility and quick damage we can put out really makes us dangerous without a need to hybrid. I generally put out around 300k healing and 100k damage in full length matches. If we are low on DPS i can push that out a little more and if not the healing goes up. But, the point is we are pretty versitile even w/ 31pts in Sawbones.