Crowd Control

BlkDeath

Only ones I can think of are:

Concussion Missile and Electro Dart, Oil Slick if you want to count that...

I'm not really sure if BH is a good CCer... I'm sure there are people here who've been playing as a BH a lot longer that will be able to give better answers but that's all I've got of the top of my head.

The original post doesn't specify other than Arsenal mercenary. My comments fit that assumption. Arsenal merc has a 60 second CC from concussion missile which, if talented, has a 45 second cooldown (60 seconds without). The instant cast toggle, if I am not mistaken, comes with the class as a cooldown.

Any way you slice it, an Arsenal mercenary has a 60 second CC. The only difference is whether you talent the cooldown reduction.

*edit*

Just double checked for due diligence. It appears as though Concussion missile as a class skill is a 60 second crowd control without any "6 second stun" option like the one you describe, which fits my memory from having leveled mine.

Likewise, instant casting the ability does not rely on talents. Thermal Sensor Overrides and Power Surge are both innate class abilities. You can reduce the cooldown on those abilities with talents.

Edited by AuckaLukaum
Updated Info

I seem to agree with you that a BH doesn't have very good crowd control.

Really?

A 60s CC that works on anything, in combat or out of it and it can be instant cast if you want to.

Could always have the fun factor of having a CC that only works on robots or that only works out of combat. Or not have a CC at all as other specs do.

So as far as CC goes, the CC a Merc has isn't bad at all.

Edited by Gyronamics

The CC works on the run if used with the no delay ability. Otherwise its turret time. The CC also doesn't work so good for me with Skadge or Torian as they seem to like using their AOE attacks to bust the CC.

Damn noob companions!

So BH-Merc-BG CC pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
that skill has an instant cast? i'm down the arsenal line and am a new 50 and am not seeing it, maybe i'm just misreading.

Power Surge

Instant

Cooldown: 120s

Your next ability with an activation time will activate instantly. Effect lasts 15 seconds.

The CC also doesn't work so good for me with Skadge or Torian as they seem to like using their AOE attacks to bust the CC.

Damn noob companions!

There is additional bar that you can use to prevent them from aoeing you know?

Yep I knew about the side bar but didnt know which was which till i fiddled around with it. Now they only break CC if I dont point them quickly enough at the next target. Torian seems to like targetting the highest level enemy attacking me.