The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Floating Rifles are killing me

I'm really picky about looks. I've put lots of effort into finding armor and rifles that look good. However, a lot of the really cool rifles I find float above my hands. It's driving me insane, and they're almost invariably rifles that I love. A few examples:

N-416 Rampage-X Enforcer

Side

Front

Closeup

E-313 Power Interceptor

Side

Front

Closeup

BioWare, could you fix this? It keeps me from using some of your coolest rifles. I love the models of both of those rifles, and I would love to use them if it weren't for the fact that they float. I'd be fine with you just moving the gun down a little bit. I'd rather have my fingers clip inside the gun than have it float above my hand.

Edited by Philosomanic

Okay, maybe I'm a little OCD. But it bugs me to have my rifle floating a couple inches above my hands. I can't be the only person who notices this.

You're not. I noticed it too but honestly i didn't really care about it. As long as the blaster fired and my opposing targets died I'm happy. You're paying too much attention to detail. :p

Sometimes it's a good thing. But if everyone at BW payed that much attention to detail we would probably be still waiting for the game to launch and BW would of probably crashed their budget.

Okay, maybe I'm a little OCD. But it bugs me to have my rifle floating a couple inches above my hands. I can't be the only person who notices this.

Isn't that supposed to be "a little CDO"? Might as well put them in the right order.

Isn't that supposed to be "a little CDO"? Might as well put them in the right order.

No OCD person would ever be okay with you calling them "Compulsive Disorder Obsessive". Ever. They might say OCD, and then mutter "...OCD OCD" under their breath, but they wouldn't rearrange the letters.

Edited by Philosomanic

Just think of it this way:

1) You're a Vanguard.

2) You have a shield generator.

3) The space you see between your left-hand and the rifle is actually caused by the energy field generated by the shield generator.

4) Your right-hand glove is especially constructed so that no field is generated in the palm-region so proper use of the trigger can be achieved.

There you go! Now you can safely use your favorite rifles knowing they are firmly gripped by both your hands. :)

Heh, that's a pretty good rationalization. However, it's happily unnecessary for me. I found a blaster I like that doesn't float. I'm now using the X-115 Heavy Sonic Carbine (with mods from a BM rifle). It's got everything I want.

It's not floaty, it has an actual stock to strike people with, and it doesn't have a ton of extraneous crap on it. It's a little short, but I think that's appropriate for a semi-melee-centric Vanguard. IMO, it makes more sense to be using this rifle than the long, sniper rifle type that most high-level rifles are. If our interrupt is to hit them with our rifle barrel, a nice thick barrel makes more sense than a long, delicate one. Also, triple barrels for the win.