Twi'lek Jedi knights

StormNaara

Greetings!

I'm not very familiar with the Star Wars universe and how things are related and so on. That's why this question might seem a tad silly. But so far I've learned that Sith Purebloods make little sense as Inquisitors. What about Twi'lek Jedi? Makes a lot of sense? If it's all good, then what race of any other class makes the least sense (apart from the Inquisitor-Sith Pureblood)?

yeah there is a twilek jedi in the background of episodes 2 and 3. her name is Aayla Secura I think.

i also have to imagine that the legacy system opens up a whole host of improbable race/class pairings, like those blind force sensitive miralukans as troopers or something.

But so far I've learned that Sith Purebloods make little sense as Inquisitors.

The reason Purebloods don't make a ton of sense as Inquisitors is because they start off as slaves and it's fairly odd for a Pureblood Sith to be a slave, even a non-force sensitive one.

If you know Sith society you know that there are many castes, families, and a heavy influence from one's bloodline. One could argue there is a very reasonable explanation for Sith Pureblood slaves, whether it be because of their caste or their muddled bloodline between humans and their ancestors.

Of course Twi'lek make sense, not all of them are slaves and even the ones that are can be freed by the Jedi should they be found to be force sensitive.

there are jedi that are- in all actuality- little more than a sentient plant and takes days to move around...

so when it comes to Jedi there is nothing about what species can or can't be one- it's a matter of a willingness to learn, to understand, to experience the force in it's myriad forms and carry forward. Jedi are far far far more than warriors, thats in reality more of a hook by fandom in large because...well they are easier to market, I doubt anyone wants t play a game or watch a movie as a Jedi bard, or historian, or one purely dedicated to finding the true middle path, and they literally sit about all day in the jedi version of Zazen all day just simply " being"

The reason Purebloods don't make a ton of sense as Inquisitors is because they start off as slaves and it's fairly odd for a Pureblood Sith to be a slave, even a non-force sensitive one.

I don't find it that odd, species have been known to enslave other members of their species, like humans in real life.

Didn't there used to even be a slave caste in ancient Korriban?

Anyway, the Sith Warrior is supposed to be from a noble family or something right? Were the zabrak a late addition to the roster of potential Sith warriors? They seem to be treated with the same disdain as most aliens in the Empire.

I don't find it that odd, species have been known to enslave other members of their species, like humans in real life.

True.

But that was the reasoning as I understand it, that Bioware had for not allowing Sith Purebloods to be Inquisitors back in one of the beta versions.

Anyway, the Sith Warrior is supposed to be from a noble family or something right? Were the zabrak a late addition to the roster of potential Sith warriors? They seem to be treated with the same disdain as most aliens in the Empire.

I think, like many human racists, the Sith have a hierarchy of species. Purebloods and Humans at the top, then noble, near human species like Zabrak and probably Miraluka, Mirialians, Chiss, after that the slave species like Twi'lek and Rattattaki and at the bottom the species with no right to exist.

There can be noble Zabrak families with a long Sith tradition who are something like vassals of a Pureblood or Human family.

I wish I could remember from where I read it but it had something to do with Sidious choosing Maul as an Apprentice, I read basically said that Zabraks were feared and respected Warriors among the Sith.

It wasn't a late addition, but I believe that the beta build that didn't have Pureblood Inquisitors also lacked Zabrack Warriors.....which I believe meant there were only two species that could be warriors in that build.

prehaps their family was descrased for some reason would make sence that maybe their parent were killed and they were turned into a slave.

It wasn't a late addition, but I believe that the beta build that didn't have Pureblood Inquisitors also lacked Zabrack Warriors.....which I believe meant there were only two species that could be warriors in that build.

Interesting. Does anyone who played a Zabrak warrior know if there are references to being an alien in the game? Is that another thing you weren't "supposed" to be considering the story?

I've been spending time trying to remember how many high ranking alien Sith NPCs there are. Offhand I can only remember that one zabrak lord that was killed by Darth Ikoral for being an alien lord of sith in the Red Reaper briefing.

Edited by OldVengeance

Now that legacy lets you make Sith Pureblood Jedi and Chiss Republic Troopers or Mirilan Sith and 3/4s of the warzones can be fought same faction vs itself, and you can commit outright autrocities then mend them away with a gift or by running some diplomacy missions and its like your a saint, it doesnt matter what makes sense story wise. Make what you want at this point.

Basically at this point the player base as a whole is the exception to all the standards of the setting anyway.

Interesting. Does anyone who played a Zabrak warrior know if there are references to being an alien in the game? Is that another thing you weren't "supposed" to be considering the story?

I've been spending time trying to remember how many high ranking alien Sith NPCs there are. Offhand I can only remember that one zabrak lord that was killed by Darth Ikoral for being an alien lord of sith in the Red Reaper briefing.

My understanding from what I have read is that the Zabrak(and probably any legacied alien species) dialogue is a mixmatch of pureblood and human dialogue. Basically you get the human dialogue from NPCs except for whenever the dialogue specifically refers to being human in which case it switches to the pureblood dialogue.

True.

But that was the reasoning as I understand it, that Bioware had for not allowing Sith Purebloods to be Inquisitors back in one of the beta versions.

This is true, until many, many people pointed out how idiotic it would be to have a Sith class that the Sith race could be, simply because it didn't exactly fit with Bioware's idea for the Inquisitor background.

Sith Purebloods could be sold into slavery as a result of a family disgrace. In my Sith Warrior's backstory his polygamist father killed one of his wives that was found in an affair and sold off all of her children into slavery. I had initially planned on making a sith pureblood inquisitor eventually but ultimately decided on a twi'lek inquisitor instead.

Zabrak, as Sith Warriors anyway, are considered to be as sith-descended as humans are in the Empire. Basically the dark jedi that first found Korriban were a mix of humans and zabrak and both species intermarried and intermingled with the original sith.

Miraluka see via the Force yes, but the adaptation to do that need not coincide with a strong ability to do anything else with the Force - effectively rendering them otherwise normal.

The prologue of the Sith Warrior story doesn't make a lot of sense for legacy races, but once you get off Korriban there's no real problem there. The Sith Order has been increasingly taking in anyone who is Force Sensitive and can survive the trials and that alone could explain virtually anything.

I think, like many human racists, the Sith have a hierarchy of species. Purebloods and Humans at the top, then noble, near human species like Zabrak and probably Miraluka, Mirialians, Chiss, after that the slave species like Twi'lek and Rattattaki and at the bottom the species with no right to exist.

And where do the cyborg come in?

SWEU has the sith being a primitive warlike people being found by renegade dark jedi. and their comingling with the sith population started to bring down the purity of the sith race but the extra force powers the offspring developed allowed some sith to become noticed. the empire was a comingling of the fact that the primitive sith worshiped the dark jedi and their own warlike lust. and thus the humans started as rulers of the sith.

the humans and sith had a hatred of anything other than themselves but they recognize power and that power was the force. even alien force users are respected but dispised. if you watch the reaction of the humans, you see that the humans ever dispise the purebloods.

and yes there is always a disgrace or something happened to cause a pureblood to become a slave. there was no protection as a pureblood against being a slave, just your own skill and power to keep it from happening.

Darth Freki