If I continue to court Elara with 0% success, will I ever be able to win her over???

WLpride

I'm going to guess your base affection isn't high enough and that you haven't unlocked the actual romance part of her conversation questes. I know for some companions there won't be any affection gains if you're not currently in a relationship, that bit that establishes that there are feelings on both sides, if you hand over courting gifts. Jorgan was like this till most of the way through act 2, if I recall correctly.

My suggestion is to hold off on the courting gifts until you get that 'first kiss" cutscene, then go nuts with them.

There is one assumption I'm making that that is your character is a male trooper, if you're female, no dice.

If you did not give Elara the executive officer position in your team, you can never court her.

I'm guessing you are pretty far along if you are giving level 5 gifts - so I would think the above is your reason.

If you did not give Elara the executive officer position in your team, you can never court her.

I'm guessing you are pretty far along if you are giving level 5 gifts - so I would think the above is your reason.

I've got a female Trooper so I never ran into this...if this is true, wow...just wow...that would make me happy I couldn't court her!

It's not true, my trooper picked "the other choice" and he's happily married with Elara.

From what I could read in the forums and from my own experience, most of the relationships have one or two "critical" flirt option. If you miss it, then the romance won't be possible at all whatever your affection score is.

So giving Elara courting gifts before or after that turning point won't do any good if you miss that critical dialogue.

You're either too early (pre chapter 2) or too late.