Censoring the player base

Metaphysixx

LOOK FOR YOURSELF

Many threads have the FORUM POLICE shutting them down. Especially the ones that are expressing opinions of player populations, faction populations, discussing press releases, etc.

When a game and it's masters begin censoring the player population's ability to express it's opinion, it becomes apparent that the company no longer values gamers as anything more than a cash flow.

I read the DEV comments and plans, but again, there are other products out there and new ones to come. At this time this game is competing on its novelty and the Starwars Universe but continued poor execution of gaming mechanics and continued poor response to player loss and server populations, will be the death knell of this game.

WOW took 5 years to fix LFG and PVP, Star Wars doesnt have the fan base, player population and tolerance of the players to survive that long without a fix.

BIOWARE pay attention.....

LOOK FOR YOURSELF

Many threads have the FORUM POLICE shutting them down. Especially the ones that are expressing opinions of player populations, faction populations, discussing press releases, etc.

When a game and it's masters begin censoring the player population's ability to express it's opinion, it becomes apparent that the company no longer values gamers as anything more than a cash flow.

I read the DEV comments and plans, but again, there are other products out there and new ones to come. At this time this game is competing on its novelty and the Starwars Universe but continued poor execution of gaming mechanics and continued poor response to player loss and server populations, will be the death knell of this game.

WOW took 5 years to fix LFG and PVP, Star Wars doesnt have the fan base, player population and tolerance of the players to survive that long without a fix.

BIOWARE pay attention.....

This forum has rules. I'll just list a few:

-If your thread subject already exists, they close it and REDIRECT it.

-If your thread isn't constructive, they close it.

-If your thread isn't related to SWTOR, they close it.

I'm not inventing it! It's in the Community Forum Guidelines! It's always the first thing I read in a forum before posting my first message, it's just common sense imo. I mean, it's right up there!

Sometimes, I think that some players believe that a mmo forum is some kind of democracy but it isn't!

The SWTOR forum moderators are only doing their job and I congratulate them. They're very efficient and professional. For example, they even close some threads about pro-SWTOR topics because those specific threads are mainly focused on another mmo flaws (i.e. off-topic)!

Alright, bring your counterarguments. Bring them.

Edited by Sammm

LOOK FOR YOURSELF

Not really... I just posted a whole lotta stuff on population, and the mods had no problem whatsoever.

Population Estimates for the Top 20 US Servers

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449144

[sanctum of the Exalted] RP servers among the most populated

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449199

[sanctum of the Exalted] Which faction has more level 50s?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=430048

I've been tracking the pop of my server for a while, including faction ratios, and the only problem I had is that my google spreadsheet had email addresses of the surveyors. The mod said that was kinda sketchy, so as soon as I hid that column, we were good to go...

So... I guess you just have to be objective and truthful?

Paige

I'm not inventing it! It's in the Community Forum Guidelines! It's always the first thing I read in a forum before posting my first message, it's just common sense imo. I mean, it's right up there!

I bet you also read the manual before using a new appliance ;)

I bet you also read the manual before using a new appliance ;)

Yes, I actually read the manual before using a new appliance and any other products. Often, you end up learning critical informations... or interesting and lesser known features about the product.

One of the worst companies I've ever purchased from. They have blamed the users and used them for scapegoats on every single aspect of their game. And as for rules, they're also interpreted and not JUST by the community. I have no faith in any of the decision making shown across this game from design to website.

A Star Wars MMO, done properly and with quality would never have the issues that we all have experienced. I'd like to see the game do well. I'd also like to see the community treated a little bit more respect and intelligence and not just as a cash cow.

Hello everyone!

We certainly understand that having content moderated can be frustrated, but discussing moderator actions or policies on the forums is not permitted as it does not lead to constructive game related conversations.

We do value any and all feedback that is offered by the community on moderation and encourage you to send it to us using the e-mail address communitysupport@swtor.com. Consolidating all feedback, both good and bad, in this manner ensures that we can serve the community to the best of our ability.