Suggestions (mostly space missions)

Metachlorine

I really enjoy space missions as it takes me back to my arcade days, and provides a change of pace to the game that fishing did for me a while ago in another MMO.

On that note you posted a note for next planet. I would like a water planet Naboo etc, with an Underwater FP and Ops in an underwater cavern perhaps. "Space missions" where you are underwater avoiding beasties and bad guys etc.

Also a forest planet with huge trees (Endor/ Kazhyyk) and have a "Space Missions" to do speeder bikes through the trees.

Pod racing - leaderboards, fabulous food fun and prizes

Minigames - I was thinking that there could be a 10% chance at the end of any space mission of finding an anomaly, "asteroid, "derellict ship" etc. you could land on it and be presented with a minigame that gives one a chance to rare item boxes, ship item, rare drodd parts and commendations, mounts. On thing that was always fun about pen and paper RPGs was rolling against a loot table. It would be nice to see these rare items and your percent chance to get them and by solving the minigame you get a modifier to your roll against said table. Lastly you get to see your "roll".

Space mission leaderboards. Allow for scoring of points in space missions for daily, weekly, monthy YTD high scores with rewards for each as well, like Top Gun Title and rewards like those mentioned in my mingames suggestion above.

Lastly, a free space mode as well where there are actual solo missions, FP's and Ops with groups of players all in ships plus exploration and discovery missions where we are on our bridge using our instruments (minigame) to detect things as well. If you could bring the X-wing vs Tie fighter experience here as well that would be outstanding. It has to be done right with all the Bells and whistles it cannot be half-baked, and If the swtor engine cannot support it, I wouldn't mind it being a seperate installation that runs on its own with ties to the same database backends. It was great getting medals on your jacket in x-wing, and it would be neat to earn that and display that somehow.

Ship Building. Different classes of ships, from small to large, with modular pieces that" fit" together. players go to a shipyard and assemble thiers ships, like pick one engine, one hull, 2 weapons etc.

Ok I know that was alot to read, and I very rarely post cause I find the forums to be mostly sad place. To others who read this I hope it inspires you to come up with creative ideas as well. I am sick of game hopping and I would really like to stay with swtor and see it grow and hopefully be apart of it with some of my ideas.

Thanks for you time in reading this long post :)

Edited by Metachlorine

Pod racing has not been invented yet.

Space content is currently being entirely redesigned. They have a functional version of the new systems that is being tested internally. We simply have to wait.

Space content is currently being entirely redesigned. They have a functional version of the new systems that is being tested internally. We simply have to wait.

I think pod racing will be a good idea Do you.

The podracer evolved from the animal-drawn carts used in racing sports, and later, the swoop racers commonly seen in competitions on Taris, Manaan, and Nar Shaddaa following the Great Sith War [4,000 BBY and 3,996 BBY] Source

As SWTOR is placed a few years after the The Treaty of Coruscant (3,653 BBY), podracing should be known..

Edited by Thanatus

Ok, I have another idea on the Pod Racing canon, and in reference to the replies above. Why not make this the time Pod racing came to fruition by having a world event like the Rakghoul event to introduce it. Quests to get people to buy/bulid their Pods and race them, and even wager on them. Players could actually earn reputation as sports stars, there could be classes of races like one for noobs with small rewards and one's where only the best racers can enter like the Kentucky Derby.

Ok, I have another idea on the Pod Racing canon, and in reference to the replies above. Why not make this the time Pod racing came to fruition by having a world event like the Rakghoul event to introduce it. Quests to get people to buy/bulid their Pods and race them, and even wager on them. Players could actually earn reputation as sports stars, there could be classes of races like one for noobs with small rewards and one's where only the best racers can enter like the Kentucky Derby.
Because the timeline for the development of pod racing has already been defined. As I said, a few thousand years after SWTOR takes place.

• 3 weeks later...
I really enjoy space missions as it takes me back to my arcade days, and provides a change of pace to the game that fishing did for me a while ago in another MMO.

On that note you posted a note for next planet. I would like a water planet Naboo etc, with an Underwater FP and Ops in an underwater cavern perhaps. "Space missions" where you are underwater avoiding beasties and bad guys etc.

Also a forest planet with huge trees (Endor/ Kazhyyk) and have a "Space Missions" to do speeder bikes through the trees.

Minigames - I was thinking that there could be a 10% chance at the end of any space mission of finding an anomaly, "asteroid, "derellict ship" etc. you could land on it and be presented with a minigame that gives one a chance to rare item boxes, ship item, rare drodd parts and commendations, mounts. On thing that was always fun about pen and paper RPGs was rolling against a loot table. It would be nice to see these rare items and your percent chance to get them and by solving the minigame you get a modifier to your roll against said table. Lastly you get to see your "roll".

Space mission leaderboards. Allow for scoring of points in space missions for daily, weekly, monthy YTD high scores with rewards for each as well, like Top Gun Title and rewards like those mentioned in my mingames suggestion above.

Lastly, a free space mode as well where there are actual solo missions, FP's and Ops with groups of players all in ships plus exploration and discovery missions where we are on our bridge using our instruments (minigame) to detect things as well. If you could bring the X-wing vs Tie fighter experience here as well that would be outstanding. It has to be done right with all the Bells and whistles it cannot be half-baked, and If the swtor engine cannot support it, I wouldn't mind it being a seperate installation that runs on its own with ties to the same database backends. It was great getting medals on your jacket in x-wing, and it would be neat to earn that and display that somehow.

Ship Building. Different classes of ships, from small to large, with modular pieces that" fit" together. players go to a shipyard and assemble thiers ships, like pick one engine, one hull, 2 weapons etc.

Ok I know that was alot to read, and I very rarely post cause I find the forums to be mostly sad place. To others who read this I hope it inspires you to come up with creative ideas as well. I am sick of game hopping and I would really like to stay with swtor and see it grow and hopefully be apart of it with some of my ideas.

Thanks for you time in reading this long post :)

Wow, these are great suggestions! I hope the developers take note and try some of them. The minigames in KOTOR 1 and 2 were fun. It would be nice to see some in TOR. I would also like to see more space missions. I've played them all multiple times and would like to see something new.

Maybe not pod-racing, but Swoop Bike racing on the other hand. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.