The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Xinika

Shin,

Thanks for all this fantastic amount of information! I have been trying out various specs and been unable to break the 3K barrier. To that end, I'm going to try your 13/28 and see how that goes. Since I'm pretty new to some of the concepts, and because of many people like you, I'm slowly beginning to become a better player especially in PVP.

If you have any advice other than what's been said here, I would be grateful, especially if you use any stims etc. Also, my willpower is up to 1615 and working to get more augmented WH armor to go higher.

Once again, thanks for the great job!

If you let me know all your stats and the spec you're aiming for (13/28?) then I will be able to assist more directly.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply and yes I had tried the 31/0/10 spec but re-speced to your 0/13/28. For the first time in a WZ, I did 397K of damage yesterday! Of course that is directly associated with the fact that our healers were excellent and allowed me to stay up for longer periods which I'm sure directly correlated into the higher damage total as well.

I was using your rotation of FIB>Project>Breach>SS>DS....then rinse and repeat as necessary (also with saber strike and TK).

My Specs are:

I use the Shadow Technique (should it be something else?) with War Hero Stalker gear (except for some BM implants that have higher rating...just beginning to use WH augmented to increase Willpower more...

STR -135

Presence - 372

Aim - 76

Cun - 71

Endurance- 1423

Willpower - 1615

Expertise - 1210

My POWER is at 163 (One of my guildies said this is way too low for me)

Melee:

Damage Primary - 777 - 972

Bonus Damage - 387.6

Accuracy - 98.31

Crit Chance - 31.88

Crit Multiplier - 72.57

Force:

Bonus Damage - 650.5

Bonus Healing - 242.1

Accuracy - 108.31

Crit Chance - 30.80

Crit Multiplier - 72.57

Force Regen - 8

Activiation Speed - 1.83

PVP:

PVP Damage Boost - 22.86

PVP Damage Reduction - 18.61

PVP Healing Boost - 12..64

Defense:

Health: - 16730

Armor Rating - 2577

Damage Reduction -21.26

Defense Chance - 10

Shield chance - 0

Shield Absorption -0

Whenever I use Combat Technique, my bonus drops by -19.4 but armor rises to 6592 and Damage Reduction goes to 39.90.

So, I hope this will help out and let me know if there's anything else I can provide you! Wish I could just follow u around and see how u do it!!

Thanks for the reply and yes I had tried the 31/0/10 spec but re-speced to your 0/13/28. For the first time in a WZ, I did 397K of damage yesterday! Of course that is directly associated with the fact that our healers were excellent and allowed me to stay up for longer periods which I'm sure directly correlated into the higher damage total as well.

I was using your rotation of FIB>Project>Breach>SS>DS....then rinse and repeat as necessary (also with saber strike and TK).

My Specs are:

I use the Shadow Technique (should it be something else?) with War Hero Stalker gear (except for some BM implants that have higher rating...just beginning to use WH augmented to increase Willpower more...

STR -135

Presence - 372

Aim - 76

Cun - 71

Endurance- 1423

Willpower - 1615

Expertise - 1210

My POWER is at 163 (One of my guildies said this is way too low for me)

Melee:

Damage Primary - 777 - 972

Bonus Damage - 387.6

Accuracy - 98.31

Crit Chance - 31.88

Crit Multiplier - 72.57

Force:

Bonus Damage - 650.5

Bonus Healing - 242.1

Accuracy - 108.31

Crit Chance - 30.80

Crit Multiplier - 72.57

Force Regen - 8

Activiation Speed - 1.83

PVP:

PVP Damage Boost - 22.86

PVP Damage Reduction - 18.61

PVP Healing Boost - 12..64

Defense:

Health: - 16730

Armor Rating - 2577

Damage Reduction -21.26

Defense Chance - 10

Shield chance - 0

Shield Absorption -0

Whenever I use Combat Technique, my bonus drops by -19.4 but armor rises to 6592 and Damage Reduction goes to 39.90.

So, I hope this will help out and let me know if there's anything else I can provide you! Wish I could just follow u around and see how u do it!!

You need to be using Shadow Technique for 13/28.

Your power is way too low. You need to get this way higher.

Your accuracy can take a 1-2% drop and your crit as well.

Your expertise is also 100+~ over the soft cap.

You need to be using Shadow Technique for 13/28.

Your power is way too low. You need to get this way higher.

Your accuracy can take a 1-2% drop and your crit as well.

Your expertise is also 100+~ over the soft cap.

I had been using Shadow Technique, but one of my guildies said I needed to use the other....I will switch back now.

To address the power situation (and the willpower) I have been buying up force mystic boots. I then buy a BM force mystic boot .....I have a guildie who has made all the WH Stalker gear with augment slots. So I'm stripping the mods from the Stalker, replace with the force mystic (except for the armoring) and add the augment upgrade and bingo, I am now +100 more in power!! My goal is to do all the other 4 items which will bring my power up to over 500 or higher.

:):)

I am assuming that my expertise is good at 1210? After reading lots of articles, there is a dropoff the higher you go in exerpertise, so the return on investment isn't really worth the extra expertise....I think!!

Thanks again for taking time out to look it over! Oh, how is my rotation?:)

What kind of Crit% are you looking for in the 23/1/17 build? I've been trying to maintain 26% (fully buffed with FP, etc gives 100% crit during burst) and putting the rest into power.

I had been using Shadow Technique, but one of my guildies said I needed to use the other....I will switch back now.

This is the problem with posting cookie cutter builds on the forums. People spec...and don't understand why. If you didn't need to use the stance....you wouldn't have needed to spend a point picking it up.

What kind of Crit% are you looking for in the 23/1/17 build? I've been trying to maintain 26% (fully buffed with FP, etc gives 100% crit during burst) and putting the rest into power.

25% is optimal so you're on the right track.

Hey i'm trying out your 23/1/17 spec. I currently have 25% crit and 79% Surge. Since I am already way above the dr on Surge I don't know where to get power only stats without increasing the surge. All mods and enhancements you show us both have power and surge. So i'm not sure on what to do. Thanks, subbed. I hit crit when I used 2 WH implants and changing the LS crystal from power to crit. Thanks!

With your 23/1/17 build that I've been using myself to great effect, how much Power should you have? As of right now, I'm just shy of 300 with 3p BM Stalker, and 2p WH Stalker, with Battlemaster accessories/implants.

Another question I have, is there any gear or accessories that we should get instead of Stalker pieces? My stats are as follows in spoiler tags.

Melee Tab

Damage (Pri): 776-960

Bonus Damage: 409.2

Accuracy: 99.48%

Critical Chance: 34.51%

Critical Multiplier: 71.57%

Defense Tab

Health: 17577

Armor Rating: 7022 (Dark Charge/Combat Technique on)

Damage Reduction: 41.40%

Defense Chance: 16%

Shield Chance and Absorption: 0%

Force Tab

Bonus Damage: 695.3

Bonus Healing: 270.4

Accuracy: 109.48%

Critical Chance: 33.37%

Force Regen Rate: 10.4

Activation Speed: 0.00%

PvP Tab

PvP Damage Boost: 22.42%

PvP Damage Reduction: 18.31%

PvP Healing Boost: 12.39%

If there are any non-stalker gear pieces I should get, such as the focus or implants, we would like to know.

With your 23/1/17 build that I've been using myself to great effect, how much Power should you have? As of right now, I'm just shy of 300 with 3p BM Stalker, and 2p WH Stalker, with Battlemaster accessories/implants.

Another question I have, is there any gear or accessories that we should get instead of Stalker pieces? My stats are as follows in spoiler tags.

Melee Tab

Damage (Pri): 776-960

Bonus Damage: 409.2

Accuracy: 99.48%

Critical Chance: 34.51%

Defense Tab

Health: 17577

Armor Rating: 7022 (Dark Charge/Combat Technique on)

Damage Reduction: 41.40%

Defense Chance: 16%

Shield Chance and Absorption: 0%

Force Tab

Bonus Damage: 695.3

Bonus Healing: 270.4

Accuracy: 109.48%

Critical Chance: 33.37%

Force Regen Rate: 10.4

Activation Speed: 0.00%

PvP Tab

PvP Damage Boost: 22.42%

PvP Damage Reduction: 18.31%

PvP Healing Boost: 12.39%

If there are any non-stalker gear pieces I should get, such as the focus or implants, we would like to know.

Your crit is too high, your surge is under cap and your power is too low. So basically you want to aim for around 25% crit (As 23/1/17) for it to be optimal, be at surge cap (75%) and the rest of your stats should be poured into Power.

Hey i'm trying out your 23/1/17 spec. I currently have 25% crit and 79% Surge. Since I am already way above the dr on Surge I don't know where to get power only stats without increasing the surge. All mods and enhancements you show us both have power and surge. So i'm not sure on what to do. Thanks, subbed. I hit crit when I used 2 WH implants and changing the LS crystal from power to crit. Thanks!

ACC/POWER enh are available from your WH Stalker gloves and I recommend them if you're below 95-97% melee acc or 105-107% power acc.

Why would you not get kinetic ward in your kinetic/balance hybrid? I have been using it, and it can be a pita sometimes to keep it refreshed, but I still think its a very worthwhile ability.

I don't know about you, but I use a focus instead of a shield so Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward is all but useless to me. Plus, you lose out on some skills in the Balance/Madness tree.

Now, Shinarika, since my crit is too high and my power too low, where can I find the exact mods/armor/enchancements to bring my power up? What specific pieces should I be looking for? A lot of the War Hero stalker stuff seems to be more about Crit than Power, and I already have my crit high enough...

Edited by Grogget

I don't know about you, but I use a focus instead of a shield so Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward is all but useless to me. Plus, you lose out on some skills in the Balance/Madness tree.

Now, Shinarika, since my crit is too high and my power too low, where can I find the exact mods/armor/enchancements to bring my power up? What specific pieces should I be looking for?

You could take out mods from force master pieces ,I believe they have some interesting power mods :)

Now, Shinarika, since my crit is too high and my power too low, where can I find the exact mods/armor/enchancements to bring my power up? What specific pieces should I be looking for? A lot of the War Hero stalker stuff seems to be more about Crit than Power, and I already have my crit high enough...

WH Force Master Boots/Gloves contain the power mods/enh you desire. Also, WH Stalker Gloves have the acc/power version if you need to increase your acc.

Concerning the KW/Shield argument: I find (personally) that it is a wasted talent slot with this spec. The spec is a more offensive/mobile KC. Also, shields, in general in pvp; are underwhelming.

Edited by Xinika

WH Force Master Boots/Gloves contain the power mods you desire. Also, WH Stalker Gloves have the acc/power version if you need to increase your acc.

Concerning the KW/Shield argument: I find (personally) that it is a wasted talent slot with this spec. The spec is a more offensive/mobile KC. Also, shields, in general in pvp; are underwhelming.

Well, I'm still working on completing my Stalker War Hero set first, so for now, what I did was I bought the Sith Marauder BM Weaponmaster Gloves and... what else was it? Well, anyway, I took out the enhancement on it which had more Power, at the cost of some Endurance. It retains the accuracy so I'm still sitting at 100%. Then I switched out my augments from Willpower to Power.

As for the Marauder gloves I bought, I put my Crit enhancements in it and gave it to my Ashara pet.

Edited by Grogget

Shinarika,

Thanks for the informative video! I have a question. I recently returned thanks to server transfers so I won't be able to fully gear up to WH in time for ranked. Is there a down side to just purchasing WH Force Master gloves and putting the armor/mods/enh into augmented shells for legs/head? The innate stalker mods have WAY too much crit and not nearly enough power. Its a lot of RWZ comms to buy both Stalker set + Force Master mods. Thoughts?

Shinarika,

Thanks for the informative video! I have a question. I recently returned thanks to server transfers so I won't be able to fully gear up to WH in time for ranked. Is there a down side to just purchasing WH Force Master gloves and putting the armor/mods/enh into augmented shells for legs/head? The innate stalker mods have WAY too much crit and not nearly enough power. Its a lot of RWZ comms to buy both Stalker set + Force Master mods. Thoughts?

The downside to this would be that you wouldn't get the set bonus because you would be missing the armorings. So, if you were going for the 4 piece bonus, you could put a doubled up piece in for your 5th slot and still get the bonus.

Shinarika,

You need the Stalker Set bonuses and you need the WH FM mods/enh. So you need to do both.

Thanks for the response to crit on the 23/1/17 build. What about the 0/13/28? Is it the same 25% unbuffed?

25-28% is where I'd be looking at.

Hey Shinarika, i've seen your vids and they are pretty epic. I play an assassin and have seen people play 23/1/17 with a shield.. Which do you prefer survivor shield or stalker generator?

Also will 23/1/17 be as viable after 1.3?

Edited by ThroughVictory

Hey Shinarika, i've seen your vids and they are pretty epic. I play an assassin and have seen people play 23/1/17 with a shield.. Which do you prefer survivor shield or stalker generator?

Also will 23/1/17 be as viable after 1.3?

23/1/17 I use a focus.

23/1/17 will be just as viable as it is now in 1.3.

Possibly stronger because more people would flock to it (due to KC nerf) if you want to look at it in such a way.

You need the Stalker Set bonuses and you need the WH FM mods/enh. So you need to do both.

25-28% is where I'd be looking at.

Out of all the specs that you have linked and talked about, which one do you use the most? this includes the infil kill and balance ones, thanks for replying :D

Out of all the specs that you have linked and talked about, which one do you use the most? this includes the infil kill and balance ones, thanks for replying :D

In order of how often I play the different specs:

31/2/8 (Because I have to win warzones and carry pugs.)

23/1/17 (I sometimes respec just to laugh at it and call it "OP")

0/13/28 (If I want to spec DPS, this is the spec I would go firstly)

2/31/8 (Because I have a soft spot for infil)

5/3/33 (Balance can be so outrageously fun but my gear is currently atoned for KC Dps so my crit's rather low atm leading to lower playtimes)

In order of how often I play the different specs:

31/2/8 (Because I have to win warzones and carry pugs.)

23/1/17 (I sometimes respec just to laugh at it and call it "OP")

0/13/28 (If I want to spec DPS, this is the spec I would go firstly)

2/31/8 (Because I have a soft spot for infil)

5/3/33 (Balance can be so outrageously fun but my gear is currently atoned for KC Dps so my crit's rather low atm leading to lower playtimes)

Thanks for replying, what has changed now that 1.3 is passed and rated's are in? I play 23/1/17 but might change to madness/balance. :cool:

As a Madness junky myself, I'd be curious to see how your Balance spec looks. I have a hard time living without Elusiveness/Lightning Recovery as I use Speed to reposition a lot, for example, but I'll always consider the possibility of a better way of doing things.

My other curiosity is this: is the 13/28 Hybrid commonly considered as much of a waste of space in Rated as full Madness? Currently lacking a guild (they moved onto Tera ages ago, almost entirely) so I feel my likelihood of talking myself into a Rated Group (PUG or otherwise) as Madness is fairly low. Is the 23/1/17 Hybrid my only option, because I'm stubborn and bored to tears by 31/x/x.