Why isn't there a global LFG channel?

Jebei

I'm sure I missed someone else suggest this but I really can't understand why the developers haven't included a global Looking for Group channel in the default setup. I'm guessing the reason you hesitate to include something like this is your experience with "trade/barrens" chat in other games but most people would willingly put up with it if there was a place they could monitor while they did other questing.

How many people wait on the fleet to do the level 10 flashpoint before they head to the next quest planet? I know I didn't more than 10 minutes. Time is precious and if you can't find someone quick then players move on. With a global LFG channel you could quest and monitor/spam LFG until you formed a group. I'd bet this simple feature alone would at least double the number of flashpoints run in the game.

I can't imagine creating something like this would take more than 10 hours of programming as players can literally duplicate it by typing "/cjoin LFG". The only problem is it is useless if no one else is there.

Please put this in the game ASAP because if you wait until the end of June to release your new tool, I fear this game will be dead.

Attention please attention please. It has come to my attention that we do in fact have the ability in game already for Global LFG chat. Type "/cjoin LFG to join the global channel. Spread the word on you server. Every time you log in it will automaticaly join the channel. You can leave at anytime. BioWare can we please get an anouncement of this in game feature as it seems many do not know about it.

yea being able to creat channels helps, except on my server where ppl recruit in general chat for ppl to join their channel so they can recruit them to join their group...

it seems this generation of MMO gamers threw logic out the window.

Attention please attention please. It has come to my attention that we do in fact have the ability in game already for Global LFG chat. Type "/cjoin LFG to join the global channel. Spread the word on you server. Every time you log in it will automaticaly join the channel. You can leave at anytime. BioWare can we please get an anouncement of this in game feature as it seems many do not know about it.

I know that feature exists and I included it in my post. The thing is if they made it standard there'd be no reason to have an announcement that everyone would no doubt ignore. Everyone should be in it automatically with the ability to opt out like they can with general.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.