Really want a security key!

Driveinns

I am usually quite a patient man. But I have been waiting now for over a month, maybe two! I really want to be able to purchase a physical security key for the Australia region. I have asked when they are coming, and have been told, there are no details, numerous times. I mean surely something is known? I just want to have the security and to be able to access the vendor! I don't think that's too much to ask.

Please some headway. I asked customer service and they made it sound like I could get one, but I can't! I also want to be able to buy a Collector's edition. :) Love this game and really want to support it, and well have more fun as a result. :)

Thanks.

Probally working on profit margins for how much they can squeeze you for

Or export and import regulations related to cryptographic devices.

No seriously. Some countries are mind numblingly stupid about this.

I'm in canada. The device I have, has on it the "C E" mark, however it's ambiguous which CE mark it is, either the Conformité Européenne or the Chinese Export mark, neither of which actually does any good for it's legal sale in Canada (and in fact it bears no canadian marks at all), this is exactly the same as the Blizzard ones. If I were to guess it's the 'conforms to european' one, because the C and E don't overlap, but who knows. AFAIK they can't export the US ones, even though those are probably made in the PRC (not taiwan) too, because they'd need a separate cryptographic export licence or some nonsense.

Australia will have its own import rules on cryptographic devices (especially from china) and will require its own electronic certifications. It's possible canada has an agreement to accept EU certified ones (as we should) but Australia doesn't, or that it's simply not required to bear any canadian marks.

Anything from someone at Bioware? An update? Tell us they are on the way? There's alot in the game, like security vendor and collector's vendor I want to access. To be honest I don't understand why there is a collector's vendor on the Australian servers? No one can get a collector's version!? :)

Anything from someone at Bioware? An update? Tell us they are on the way? There's alot in the game, like security vendor and collector's vendor I want to access. To be honest I don't understand why there is a collector's vendor on the Australian servers? No one can get a collector's version!? :)

Just get a mobile security key for the time being to hold off. The reason they don't sell it there yet is because of import laws are very different there.

The security key is really PITA, compare to blizzard's system. (since I only need to enter once a week or from different ip)

However you should be able to use mobile version of security key.

or

Do you have friend, family member or guildmate that is in the north America ? You can always ask them to buy you one and mail to you.