a dead horse.. but i am kicking it anyways.

TheEvilEeyore

uh-huh, and why exactly were you burning an escape mechanism solely to cover ground a bit faster? was there a cap ongoing? if so expect enemies to divert to cut off reinforcements.

What your entire thread lacks is context. The C-Log is only from your end, doesn't show ongoing buffs on the sentinel, we don't see WHY you burned your force speed. since you had just burned your CC helping west its fair to assume you had just finished fighting at west, which makes it even more confusing you'd waste a cooldown on travel time when you had just sent some of the enemy to the respawn room.

Sorry wasn't aware that i had to novelize this thread for you.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marauders have the best offensive capability in the game.

they also have 3 of the best defensive cooldowns in the game of any spec.

that doesnt compute to a balanced class........

powertech can approach those same offensive burst numbers with all offensive cooldowns popped, but powertech lacks the extensive independent defense that marauder has.

Edited by cashogy

Just eat it. In its old form, Ravage was absolutely useless. In it's new form, it's actually meaningful and must be reacted to.

To me the problem is not the damage but the range on the ability - you can still get hit by it even though you are 10-12 meters away already - the animation does not stop. So even though I react to it, I still take the hits.

You know I hate to post nerf anyone threads

But just about everyone on my server is re-rolling sentinel/marauder. They show up in PvP with recruit gear and a week later they have full war hero.

I notice more and more people rerolling specifically to take advantage of this class. That sort of screams exploitative behavior.

Bioware really should correct this, if nothing else to stop the massive flood of 'I quits' when a somewhat broken class gets fixed. I just hope the people who hoped it would be overpowered forever realize they'll probably be better off on whatever their main was before they chose this flavor of the month class.

The answer for you is simple he had the expertise buff from the map the one on top of the hill center map between w-e-s and his cd's. In other terms any other burst class can leave your light armor flat on the ground especially when you r short of def/running cd's.

Nothing interesting here moving on.

force camouflage has a 4 second duration (thank you torhead). did you get tunnel vision and not notice the cloaking sentinel on your periphery? any time I see an enemy player disappear and its not due to line of sight that sets off my red flag.

Cloak for 10-30 meters with the speed buff Marauders/Sentinels can use freely

Force leap another 30

Yeah, it's pretty easy for them to sneak up on people, not that they usually need to.

The answer for you is simple he had the expertise buff from the map the one on top of the hill center map between w-e-s and his cd's. In other terms any other burst class can leave your light armor flat on the ground especially when you r short of def/running cd's.

Nothing interesting here moving on.

Expertise buffs don't make your damage jump up to 5k a swing.

But just about everyone on my server is re-rolling sentinel/marauder. They show up in PvP with recruit gear and a week later they have full war hero.

I notice more and more people rerolling specifically to take advantage of this class. That sort of screams exploitative behavior.

Bioware really should correct this, if nothing else to stop the massive flood of 'I quits' when a somewhat broken class gets fixed. I just hope the people who hoped it would be overpowered forever realize they'll probably be better off on whatever their main was before they chose this flavor of the month class.

I like playing my brothers marauder, its nice winning every one v one fight and only dying occasionally when outnumbered. If you could respec in this game, my main would be a marauder in a heartbeat. Unfortunately for the hip FOTM crowd, I played a marauder in beta and cannot get excited enough to reroll. I'll just wait till the nerf bat swings in favor of my class. Plus I know that if I did roll my own mara, the nerf bat would hit it as soon as I hit 50 lol. Seriously though, I really envy how fun it is to play the "best class", (looking at arsenal merc gathering dust)

Edited by williambr

Yes it does and worth checking if there is a gore buff there too...

Cmmon just move on we all get burst ed off like this from a number of classes you just got your cherry popped by a mara and feel like complaining about it . I play a mara and can't w8 to get nerfed and still pop cherries around man, if there r any players left around ofc :D. Btw it did happen to me too from a carnage mara comin to stop the start of the game cap and left me buffed why he burst that much then again I didn't do anything to prevent the burst like you and and what I just went back and got my revange.

Yes it does and worth checking if there is a gore buff there too...

Cmmon just move on we all get burst ed off like this from a number of classes you just got your cherry popped by a mara and feel like complaining about it . I play a mara and can't w8 to get nerfed and still pop cherries around man, if there r any players left around ofc :D. Btw it did happen to me too from a carnage mara comin to stop the start of the game cap and left me buffed why he burst that much then again I didn't do anything to prevent the burst like you and and what I just went back and got my revange.

When did this become a discussion about your sex life?

I understand the Op's concern but their is a couple things I'd like to know. One what class are you? Sound like a dps sage but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Two 1163 Expertise is what full Battlemaster? If they had a piece or two of War hero and poped their cooldowns and an Expertise Adrenal I can see them hitting that hard.

I play a dps Shadow pvp but my main is a gunslinger and he's cracked near that damage on people with him having a lowly 400 Expertise. On a Shadow I don't have huge issues with Marauders but with no cooldowns it's not a fight I expect to win.

Also feel proud a Marauder poped his cooldowns to kill you when he really didn't need to do so cause you were out. The next person that ran into him killed the hell out of him trust me.

Edited by FormidableShadow

It's 11k for that one button that followed 4 buttons (relic, adrenal, snare, focus builder for snare), but sure, don't use a stun or knockback. Just eat it. In its old form, Ravage was absolutely useless. In it's new form, it's actually meaningful and must be reacted to.

You have no choice but to eat the first two hits, leaps on a stupidly short cooldown

a) interrupt and does damage - which is HUGELY powerful in itself

b) are specced to root.

It really is trivial for such a huge dps class to take you down after that, because if you try, chances are you get a sabre to your head and then leapt to again.

A Sniper/GS can do 11k damage *to your entire team* with one ability.

You have 6s window to COPLETELY aviod that damage, its conventionally interrupted durin 3s induction,+another 12s to avoid parts of it, so to take full damage you have to stand in one spot for 18s, its 3+ times more than it takes Marauder/Sentinel to deal 15k+ damage.

Yah, its the same :rolleyes:

Edited by GrandMike

Marauders are the hard counter to sages and commandos, both of which are overplayed and recently got overnerfed. Get over having a counter and start focusing on the overnerfed part.

Marauders/sentinels are a hard counter to everything, stop pretending something else.

Don't lie.

So story time... It's Novare Coast. I am on my way back to south from west where i went to helm a push. out of nowhere a wild sent appears out of stealth. it should be noted that i just used my force speed, and force stun helping west so i can't run away from his ravage, and thanks to the REDICULOUS range of the melee ability i take 2 swings as i am terminator walking away.

i have 1163 expertise so that's 18.17% damage reduction

I have removed all the crap from the log.. the important bits remain unchanged

[21:44:30.250] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] [Damage ] (2546* energy )

[21:44:30.251] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] Damage ] (387* energy )

[21:44:30.546] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] [Damage ] (2541* energy)

[21:44:30.546] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] [Damage ] (0 -parry ) (5474) Ravage opening hit.

[21:44:30.846] [@Me] [@Sent] [sever Force] [RemoveEffect : Immobilized (Force) ]

[21:44:31.846] [@Me] [@sent] [sever Force (Force)] [Damage ] (252 internal )

[21:44:32.737] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage ] [Damage ] (5074* energy)

[21:44:32.738] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage ] [Damage] (652 energy ) (5726) Second hit, i finally get out of range

[21:44:33.043] [@Sent] [@me] [Force Charge ] [ApplyEffect : Immobilized] Yay snared again from his leap

[21:44:34.044] [@Sent] [@me] [Force Charge ] [Damage ] (976 energy )

[21:44:34.888] [@me] [@sent] [sever Force (Force) ] [ Damage ] (252 internal )

[21:44:35.169] [@Sent] [@me] [Force Charge] [RemoveEffect : Immobilized ] )

[21:44:35.595] [@Sent] [@me][Vicious Throw ] [ApplyEffect : Damage ] (3100 energy ) ( 4076) execute+leap

Damage breakdown:

Ravage: 11,200 with only 2 of 3 hits..

Force Charge: 976 no surprise this is a gap closer

Vicious throw: 3100 yay for finishers.

3 globals = 15,276 damage.

You sure are!

feed me your tears MOAR MOAR!

You have 6s window to COPLETELY aviod that damage, its conventionally interrupted durin 3s induction,+another 12s to avoid parts of it, so to take full damage you have to stand in one spot for 18s, its 3+ times more than it takes Marauder/Sentinel to deal 15k+ damage.

Yah, its the same :rolleyes:

Actually, it's much more dangerous. One ravage can't completely devastate a node defense. And you can only interrupt it if the Slinger/Sniper is dumb or lazy.

But it's very similar to Ravage in one simple way: if you get hit by the whole thing, it's your own silly fault.

Edited by flem

Actually, it's much more dangerous. One ravage can't completely devastate a node defense. And you can only interrupt it if the Slinger/Sniper is dumb or lazy.

But it's very similar to Ravage in one simple way: if you get hit by the whole thing, it's your own silly fault.

So, you compare 18s window to 5s window, 15k to 11k, interruptable with 3s induction to uniterruptable.

okies.

I guess we can now call marauders/sentinels one BUTTON one PUSH wonders. Its even more trivial than TM spam.

Its no wonder that all terribads fight so fiercely to keep it that way.

Edited by GrandMike

So, you compare 18s window to 5s window, 15k to 11k, interruptable with 3s induction to uniterruptable.
LOL, every single factual allegation in your sentence is wrong.

Not 18s, definitely not 15k and not 11k either, and not interruptible (hint: cover).

Most importantly, I'm not comparing anything except that another single button power can do mega-damage, disproving the prior poster's hypothesis.

Edited by flem