Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Strength vs. Expertise? Recruit Gear vs. Modded/Augmented Orange Gear

jiujitsuguy

I'm a Mara/Sent and am wondering in PvP if sacrificing strength would be better for the expertise?

Expertise buffs damage you do to other players and reduces damage you take from them as well. Expertise is always better.

I'm a Mara/Sent and am wondering in PvP if sacrificing strength would be better for the expertise?

How much expertise do you currently have?

Expertise buffs damage you do to other players and reduces damage you take from them as well. Expertise is always better.

No it's not. Diminishing returns is very noticeable after 900 expertise. At 1200+ I elect to equip a matrix cube versus a battlemaster/war hero relic.

expertise is the single most important stat for pvp.

Not after a certain point. Yes, I know what the developer said...

Edited by JasonV

Stack Expertise a bit more. Equip different gear and see how the percentages for damage boost, reduction, and healing received vary. For example, I'm past the 1200 level in expertise... +37 expertise only increases damage boost by a small fraction of a percent (think 23.05% to 23.45%, a 0.4% difference). That is miniscule and the reduction of damage and increase in healing is even smaller.

Make sure you have your rotation down and use the warzone adrenals if you can.

Edited by JasonV

Stack Expertise a bit more. Equip different gear and see how the percentages for damage boost, reduction, and healing received vary. For example, I'm past the 1200 level in expertise... +37 expertise only increases damage boost by a small fraction of a percent (think 23.05% to 23.45%, a 0.4% difference). That is miniscule and the reduction of damage and increase in healing is even smaller.

Make sure you have your rotation down and use the warzone adrenals if you can.

Stacking more expertise is resulting in my strength dropping.

I find it weird that here people are saying Expertise is worthless, while other places people say to use as much as possible. With a mix of Warhero/Battlemaster using PvE Relics I have just around 11k Expertise. I was thinking of stacking more but I according to posts here its not worth it.

Well I told you my Str, My expt atm is 12xx and thats with both saber crystals swapped to power and a matrix cube and only a bm relic cause im gonna trade that for a procced relic anyway. Full war hero expt for a sent/mara would be over 1350 and that last 100 expt grants you a whopping 1% damage boost and 1% damage reduction.

How much expertise do you currently have?

No it's not. Diminishing returns is very noticeable after 900 expertise. At 1200+ I elect to equip a matrix cube versus a battlemaster/war hero relic.

Not after a certain point. Yes, I know what the developer said...

There is no soft DR on expertise anymore. It's always better to stack expertise over any other stat.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

Edited by Smashbrother

There is no soft DR on expertise anymore. It's always better to stack expertise over any other stat.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

You can point me to whatever you want, but the fact is, the only thing I do is PvP. I'm one of the better players in the game and belong to one of the better imp guilds on The Fatman. I say this so everyone can weigh the information more carefully than just, I read an article on a fan site, so it must be true! Never mind that it was written well before 1.2 was even launched. Look hard enough and I'm sure it'll say somewhere that ranked warzones are being implemented as well in the patch.

Unless you know what you're talking about, which you don't.... I'd advise you not to give anymore advice.

Stacking more expertise is resulting in my strength dropping.

My stats are approx. 1700 end, 1500 will, 1200 exp. (War Hero Survivor) At a certain point the benefits of stacking expertise will be less than the benefits of stacking strength... you however are not there yet with 800(?) expertise.

Well I told you my Str, My expt atm is 12xx and thats with both saber crystals swapped to power and a matrix cube and only a bm relic cause im gonna trade that for a procced relic anyway. Full war hero expt for a sent/mara would be over 1350 and that last 100 expt grants you a whopping 1% damage boost and 1% damage reduction.

He knows what he is talking about.

You can point me to whatever you want, but the fact is, the only thing I do is PvP. I'm one of the better players in the game and belong to one of the better imp guilds on The Fatman. I say this so everyone can weigh the information more carefully than just, I read an article on a fan site, so it must be true! Never mind that it was written well before 1.2 was even launched. Look hard enough and I'm sure it'll say somewhere that ranked warzones are being implemented as well in the patch.

Unless you know what you're talking about, which you don't.... I'd advise you not to give anymore advice.

This is akin to saying you are the richest man in the Congo ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.