PvP Gear help

Iraas

I've just recently reached 50 as a Deception Assassin and bought all of the Recruit Stalker Gear, then started getting owned in WZ's and so have changed to Kinetic.

I then bought a Survivors Helm but then wondered if I'd done the right thing.

I still want to play a kind of Burst style game but like the survivability of Kinetic. (Noticed a big difference in the dozen or so WZ's I've played since respeccing.)

What gear should I go for? Should I go full Survivor or Stalker, or would a mix of 4 Stalker plus Shield and the rest Survivor Gear?

Thanks.

Good Assassins will take both a shield and a generator and rotate as necessary. If your holding a point on your own the shield provides added hp and a little mitigation.

The reason why people say ignore the shield is that tech and force attacks bypass it. Only white damage has a chance to be mitigated.

i had a similar problem as a darkness sin starting to pvp at lvl 50. people would tell me pay the 200k or so to get the full recruit set even though i was ending war zones with around 160k damage, during good matches, just using orange gear with the mods i bought with corellia commendations. the problem i was having with the stalker recruit set is that i was sacrificing endurance for accuracy and expertise and doing less dmg overall because i was dying so quickly. it wasn't just an issue of having less total hp, it was also because i did less self healing because that is determined by your total endurance.

during the time i spent saving up for BM stalker gear i learned that replacing everything with recruit gear is not always the way to go depending on your spec. i did replace some gear with it but make sure you are paying attention to the total stats you will end up with and tell the people that say "if you are going to pvp you need a full recruit set first" to just look at your numbers at the end of the match and then tell you what they think.

Edited by Meeth