Gearing my Pyrotech for PvP

Hartburn

I have a Rank 69 Battlemaster Merc in full Battlemaster gear, except for an Augmented Eliminator's Helmet w/an Advanced Overkill 22 augment, and I use the Combat Medics Implants, and am starting to get into War Hero gear. I am just about to buy my first piece, which will probably be the Main Hand Pistol, and I have a few questions. My stats are (all with a Hyper-Battle Reflex Stim that I always have on):

Aim - 1488

Power - 408 (391.4 Bonus Damage)

Accuracy - 103.86% (Hate this about Battlemaster gear)

Crit - 30.44%

Surge - 65.00%

Expertise - 1182

After I get the War Hero Main Hand, should I keep trying to grind out War Hero gear, or should I use my comms to buy other Battlemaster pieces to maximize what I have before trying to grind out War Hero stuff? I feel like my Surge is too low and of course Accuracy too high right now. I am a fairly casual player so I can't be on everyday to grind out all of the gear. What would be the best thing for me to do? Thanks in advance!

I had a thread about this same question. Diddly replied and I found he is correct:

Start w main hand, then ear, then boots. Each one drops accuracy and increases surge. It's definitely the best first three pieces IMO. Also make sure to get combat tech mainhand and not eliminator. Stats are better. Thanks again to diddly for cluing me in.

Negativo, I found you can trade bm elim for wh combat tech!

What What What! is this true? if I bought BM elim, I can upgrade to any set of WH by turning in any BM piece? this would save me a ton of time cause I decided after getting complete BM set I want to go medic WHICH so I started regrinding. Would love to know the answer to this! Also, can I upgrade if I pull out the mods?

Edited by zoltarDO

What What What! is this true? if I bought BM elim, I can upgrade to any set of WH by turning in any BM piece? this would save me a ton of time cause I decided after getting complete BM set I want to go medic WHICH so I started regrinding. Would love to know the answer to this! Also, can I upgrade if I pull out the mods?

Dunno about that. I was definetly happy to see my bm elim blaster trade for wh comat tech. Saved me 1500 comms for a substantial surge increase.

Dunno about that. I was definetly happy to see my bm elim blaster trade for wh comat tech. Saved me 1500 comms for a substantial surge increase.

Items that didn't previously have a Combat Tech option, need Eliminator to get it. This goes for Main hand, Belts, Bracers etc. Actual armor set pieces require Combat Tech or Eliminator to trade up to the next level