Un-nerf the med packs!

A week ago I decided after raising my merc (arsenal) up to level 37 that it was time to have some fun soloing Champion spawns on hoth which is my norm for all my other toons. So i go and gear up buy two med packs and a reflex stim and head on over to my first victim the Talz Taskmaster! To my mighty irritation not only could i not use my second med pack but i received not only the cool down but the message in red that i can only use one med pack per fight! Not only did i have to wait for a useless cool down but i got slapped with a stupid use limit as well!!! For future reference My dear idiotic developers if it aint broken do not fix it. Remove the idiotic limit use! Most battle do not last the cool down period and the few that actually do are already difficult enough! There is no need for a gang **** of every mob in the game!

A week ago I decided after raising my merc (arsenal) up to level 37 that it was time to have some fun soloing Champion spawns on hoth which is my norm for all my other toons. So i go and gear up buy two med packs and a reflex stim and head on over to my first victim the Talz Taskmaster! To my mighty irritation not only could i not use my second med pack but i received not only the cool down but the message in red that i can only use one med pack per fight! Not only did i have to wait for a useless cool down but i got slapped with a stupid use limit as well!!! For future reference My dear idiotic developers if it aint broken do not fix it. Remove the idiotic limit use! Most battle do not last the cool down period and the few that actually do are already difficult enough! There is no need for a gang **** of every mob in the game!

You're a bit late with your wine. It's been in the game since 1.2.

I guess you don't know that a merc can self heal?

It a level 37 DPS toon taking on a lvl 37 champion. That is what (arsenal) in my OP means. In other words my self healing needs help from med packs since my Merc is not a healer.

You're a bit late with your wine. It's been in the game since 1.2.

Took a couple weeks off from my merc toon doing a new gunslinger, vanguard and shadow toon. And my jug, sorc and agent are all level 50 so i rarely play them anymore so i did not notice it til i got bored and jumped on my merc to squash some champs.

And just let me say if you need two med packs for any fight below level 30 well you just plain suck at this game. This fix was just plain stupid. There was no need for it. Just a stupid waste and only griefs those of us who like doing a bit soloing of champ spawns

Took a couple weeks off from my merc toon doing a new gunslinger, vanguard and shadow toon. And my jug, sorc and agent are all level 50 so i rarely play them anymore so i did not notice it til i got bored and jumped on my merc to squash some champs.

And just let me say if you need two med packs for any fight below level 30 well you just plain suck at this game. This fix was just plain stupid. There was no need for it. Just a stupid waste and only griefs those of us who like doing a bit soloing of champ spawns

It was either do the fix to the way it is now, or balance fights assuming that people will be using a med pack every 1.5 minutes. I'd much rather be limited to one a fight than be forced to use one every time the cooldown is up.

In an Operation, we were using them multiple times per fight. It was an unnecessary crutch that gave healers time to slack off. Yes it did affect the healing side of things that drastically. Our healers notice a definite change when we weren't allowed to use it multiple times in the same fight.

In an Operation, we were using them multiple times per fight. It was an unnecessary crutch that gave healers time to slack off. Yes it did affect the healing side of things that drastically. Our healers notice a definite change when we weren't allowed to use it multiple times in the same fight.

A med pack would do around (superior) 3300 max heal a healer would do 5200 . Med packs were not what makes doing operation easier. If healers were slacking off as you say your ops group would fail. For healers to heal it costs force or heat or energy keeping just 4 players healed requires concentration much less 8 to 16 players. Frankly it would have been smarter for the devs to just tack on a 15% heal debuff instead of nerfing the med pack. Or even better make the ops mobs hit harder and faster! The med pack has now nearly become a useless item as now it takes up a inventory slot and most battles have no need of one. Heck i have never even used one for my jug (all that defense) always had Quinn do all the healing or healers when doing 4+,FP and such. Now it is not about skill in killing champions but level and that is not fun.

A med pack would do around (superior) 3300 max heal a healer would do 5200 . Med packs were not what makes doing operation easier. If healers were slacking off as you say your ops group would fail. For healers to heal it costs force or heat or energy keeping just 4 players healed requires concentration much less 8 to 16 players. Frankly it would have been smarter for the devs to just tack on a 15% heal debuff instead of nerfing the med pack. Or even better make the ops mobs hit harder and faster! The med pack has now nearly become a useless item as now it takes up a inventory slot and most battles have no need of one. Heck i have never even used one for my jug (all that defense) always had Quinn do all the healing or healers when doing 4+,FP and such. Now it is not about skill in killing champions but level and that is not fun.

Try doing HM 16 EC without a med pack before the Kephess fix. Running out of his AoE nearly required a medpack.

Its not useless, just not dependent. It obviously was a major part of your survivability if people are complaining about the nerf. If you weren't codependent on it, you wouldn't have cared about the nerf. It all makes sense.

It was either do the fix to the way it is now, or balance fights assuming that people will be using a med pack every 1.5 minutes. I'd much rather be limited to one a fight than be forced to use one every time the cooldown is up.

Yeah but you are relying on someone then to heal you in a challenging fight. If you needed one it was not a challenge to begin with (Med packs only heal up to a third of your HP.) and if it was to hard then you most likely did not prepare for the fight with proper gear and skills. Each cool down is 110 seconds Most pvp fights between players do not last that long. Use limit is just redundant they could have just added another 10 to 20 seconds to the cool down. This was just a lame attempt to appease the hardcore crowd who are leaving SWTOR out of boredom. This was a mistake as it will not bring them back and will only annoy veteran players and casual players and there is plenty enough already to annoy the community as it is.

Try doing HM 16 EC without a med pack before the Kephess fix. Running out of his AoE nearly required a medpack.

Its not useless, just not dependent. It obviously was a major part of your survivability if people are complaining about the nerf. If you weren't codependent on it, you wouldn't have cared about the nerf. It all makes sense.

I said Nearly useless and i was talking about soloing a champion spawn at the same level try doing that without med packs. And i am aware of gift of the masters all the more reason for removing the limit and just adding a debuff or a cool down increase. Of course i have not done that in a while so the devs could have nerfed that too. Wait didn't the the radius of the AOE have a glitch were your hit even outside it.?

I said Nearly useless and i was talking about soloing a champion spawn at the same level try doing that without med packs. And i am aware of gift of the masters all the more reason for removing the limit and just adding a debuff or a cool down increase. Of course i have not done that in a while so the devs could have nerfed that too. Wait didn't the the radius of the AOE have a glitch were your hit even outside it.?

Yes it was glitched, which made the encounter difficult for a change.

Yes it was glitched, which made the encounter difficult for a change.

So why fix it if it was now challenging!? The devs panicked because hard core gamers are leaving SWTOR! There are few games that will keep the interest (or the continued investment of thier money) of a hard core gamer and none of them are story driven like SWTOR. This is a game for casual gamers because it is story driven and casual gamers like story driven games, side quests, mini games and other things like that. It is stupid to try and change a casual player game into a hard core player game! You only end up annoying both sides and lose more money than with the group that will leave eventually. As i said if it aint broken do not fix it.

• 2 years later...
pretty much the same thing happened to me. i was playing an end mission on makeb with my sith warrior and tried using the medpack and got the annoying message that i could only use one per fight. besides companions i had no other way to heal and quickly died. i think this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever encountered and since i do most missions solo this is a huge problem for me. i would like to know what was going on in the developer's heads that made them think this was a good thing. i love this game very much, but if they make it this hard to complete missions solo, i may not play anymore.

I was going to pass by this thread without commenting when I realized that this is probably the single oldest thread necro in the HISTORY of these forums! A++ Just three and a half months shy of exactly three years. Given that the absolute oldest threads on these forums are only three years and some change in age, that's gotta be the record (or close to it).

The really ironic thing is that medpacks are currently bugged. The purple Anodyne medpacks are usable more than once per fight.

Edited by KeyboardNinja