The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will you pay for a server transfer?

Skyzen

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only will I not pay, I also think transfers are a sticking plaster attempting to cover the real problem. There are simply too many servers for the current population.Server merges are needed, not transfers.

Shouldnt have to pay for a server transfer because your not enjoying the game on a dead server and the server im on now was high when game launched. I mean isnt this why we bought the game and subscribed in the first place? to enjoy the game. Low pop servers either need to merge or players should have the option to transfer to another free at least for the first time. Bioware needs to figure something out cause 30 people on the fleet during prime times isnt cutting it. Warzones with the same people over and over. Getting real old.

Absolutely not. If they even hint at it i will unsub ... Its there fault the game is likie it is with 40 people on the fleet a night and nobody can play any end game content on most servers. I dont give a **** what blizzard does .. Every sever on blizzard is'nt low pop except for the one (fatman) that is constantly full.

Diablo 3 came out yesterday and that literally put the nail in the coffin in alot of servers. There is basically no more pvp on my server and everygame i do get its against the same *********** premade pvp guild that just basically que up and leave until all 8 of them end up together and destroy the pug grps.

They better not even get that idea in there head of charging a damn penny for server trans or people will unsub by the boat load ..

NO way to pay for theyr mistakes...they made ppl to run of from this game with lies and ignorance..and if they ask me to pay for a transfer ...then the only transfer will be happening on my computer will be ...Transfer Swtor from C/program files to Trash folder.. i am already thinking to do it before this so called transfer come out since i am paying for a game wich atm cant be played because of low populations aka dead servers....

i won't pay. the fact is, if :bioware: wants me to continue paying to play their stupid game, then they should provide an environment that one actually wants to play in. a desolate expanse of nothing doesn't really fit the bill, and isn't what anyone of us paid for when we preordered the game like idiots.

given the fact that it is entirely logical to provide free transfers to save their bad game, i will assume that the server transfers will cost money. you can always relay on ea/bioware to make the most tard decision possible.

Absolutely not. If they even hint at it i will unsub ... Its there fault the game is likie it is with 40 people on the fleet a night and nobody can play any end game content on most servers. I dont give a **** what blizzard does .. Every sever on blizzard is'nt low pop except for the one (fatman) that is constantly full.

Diablo 3 came out yesterday and that literally put the nail in the coffin in alot of servers. There is basically no more pvp on my server and everygame i do get its against the same *********** premade pvp guild that just basically que up and leave until all 8 of them end up together and destroy the pug grps.

They better not even get that idea in there head of charging a damn penny for server trans or people will unsub by the boat load ..

mate is not blizzard fault(blizzard is from wow) bioware/ea spot fault maybe...

I personally will not pay to transfer a character. If they do a paid transfer then the game will have no choice but to add x-server LFD. One of the main reasons why WoW had to add it because people refused to pay money to transfer to a more populated server. Bioware should be looking at Rift for a good transfer system that is free and has a cool down on when you can transfer again

i would have to guess with the FREE transfers they will have a list of say 20 servers to move to. this list should come out before hand so ppl can orginize where their guilds and friends wanna go. after they do that for everyone id say they will start charging in the 15-25 range. unless they have it set if you move within the listed 20 it should be free. So if i wanted to move to the Fat-Man id pay.

• 2 weeks later...

My post from the other thread asking the same thing:

"Nope. Been there, done that in SWG. I refuse to shell out money because they can't keep their subscriber base entertained enough for them to be retained. If my server keeps dwindling down like it is and we don't get free transfers, I'm done with the game and will just go back to my 360. This is the second MMO I have invested a good amount of time in, SWG being my first. Yes I have tried others (WoW and DDO), but they have never held my attention because I want to play a SCI-FI game. Not fantasy.

I'm really starting to get turned off from MMO's after dealing with both of those games because developers just can't seem to grasp what works and what doesn't in an MMO. Yes. This is their first MMO. But they have had YEARS of seeing other MMO's successes and failures while developing this one to not make the same mistakes others have made."

I predict that BW will for free randomly move active people to even out the server pop issues over all the servers, then charge a fee if you want to move after the random move. In a stroke of brilliance GZ will post "I know most of the player population will disagree with us, but we are doing it for their own good"

PS: No I won't pay, and really I don't want to move either as, if by some change friends I have come back it would be nice to know we would still be on the same server.

Just skip the transfers already and amalgamate some servers :rolleyes:

Edited by Drakkip

Skyzen;4353390]My question is: Will you pay for a server transfer?

Considering I am on a server and with a guild I think is great then I would have to answer No as I have no intention of transferring.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

No i pay a monthly fee. should be included, why should it cost?

You may feel that but all but only one MMO does not change for transfers. Do not see companies follow Trion's lead on that. Mostly since Rift is now a EA game.

Now we may get a free transfer per character to lower the number of server. Do not expect to see the free other than reason just noted.

Edited by Romiz

Yes I will.

Would be great if my server is included in the free servers transfers, but even if it wasn't so, if all my friends are moving then I am too. This is a social game and some normal amount of money isn't that high of a cost to keep me from enjoying swtor.

My question is: Will you pay for a server transfer?

NO.

Im slowly comming around to idea that ill stay and take advantage of the transfers/mergers with my friends.

But not if I have to pay extra

Far as im concerned its EAs responcibility to ensure we all have healthy server populations to play on and if transfers or mergers are required to acheive that...

Well thats covered in my monthly sub.

And yes, thats all 6 characters from my current active server (the other 13 I dont care about as havent played in months on 2 other servers)

Edited by Kalfear

As I have heard recently, there will be free transfers for low pop servers. But on the condition that only one character is going to be allowed to move. The fact that this game is very focused on having alts is hard to believe that, or that is even a rumour. I play on one of the low pop servers where at the most there is only ever 20 people on the fleet, and 50 people online total throughout the day. I logged on one morning to be one of three people to be on... rep and imp. I tryed Fatman and hated how many people there were. I want a server transfer to a server where pvp pops but i still get a chance to know people other than my own guild. If I can't move with my guild and all my characters, I might as well go back to WoW.