Whats the point of LFD which is server only ?

Tentlord

Hi,

I play on the Kai Kan Server (EU).

I have a 50 BH merc and a 50 Jugger. Ive done nearly every Fp & raid upto 1.2 on the merc as I rolled that class at start however on the Jugger I have done maybe 5-6 Fps, and no end game content at all.

Normaly only 20-25 lvl 50s on at most times, how is a SERVER ONLY LFD tool going to help with getting a group together. The whole idea of the LFD tool is to help get a group together to do Flashpoints. The reason alot of people want this feature is becuase its impossible to get a group together due to LOW POPULATION levels on a lot of servers.

How is restricting your search to server only LFD going to help here at all, the only advantage you will have is instead of spamming chat and waiting forever in the hopes 3 out of the 25 peopel online might want to do the same FP as you. Soon you will just sit and stare at your LFD tool on the screen in the hopes that theres another 3 out of the 25 people online wanting the same FP as you.

They had a chance at fixing this population issue regarding FP content and dungeons in one go and all they are doing is a half thought out solution which will make waiting for a group even more tedious as you wont be spamming general chat anymore either.

I dont log in for days now as theres no one around to group up with the chat on fleet is DEad max population at peak is between 60-90 players (lvl 1-50) on the whole server.

BW please listen to the players and do a Xserver LFD.

I second this, no point in making a LFD if its server only, considering the servers are dead. Not to mention the fact one faction is more dead than other.

Agreed,

The argument for not cross server is community destruction, and the solution is server transfers?

Figure that one out.

I'll wait.

If you want an actual answer - a planet wide lfg lets you reach more people than spamming chat. Potential teammates are spread out on different planets, on ships, at the fleet or in warzones. Only a fraction will see your chat spam. Is it as good as cross-server? Not by a long shot, but it is still far better than not having a lfg too at all.

I don't see how cross-server play works in general from a technical aspect. If you think about it, to get two characters playing from different servers into the same environment, you basically have to implement an on-demand instant transfer there and then back for one of them, and that takes solving all the same issues like names and legacy names, and getting all of one's equipment and items to transfer right, etc.

Agreed,

The argument for not cross server is community destruction, and the solution is server transfers?

Figure that one out.

I'll wait.

Umm Dead = 0 community.

Move said players off dead server to a more populated server = community. Was that really hard to figure out?

I don't see how cross-server play works in general from a technical aspect. If you think about it, to get two characters playing from different servers into the same environment, you basically have to implement an on-demand instant transfer there and then back for one of them, and that takes solving all the same issues like names and legacy names, and getting all of one's equipment and items to transfer right, etc.

You are right, its probably impossible and no one has done it before...