Which Relic do I equip? (DD Commando)

Thangunis

Which relic should I equip near endgame? I have the +72 stamina with crit or power. On the bank I have the alacricity lying around. How much worth are those +proc relics?

If you're a DPS Commando use the on-use power relic and B-B-B matrix cube until you get enough daily commendations(200) to buy the Campaign Energy or Kinetic proc relic and replace the on-use one with that.

Yeah I use my matrix cube even over my Rakata on-use relic with an augment slot in it. People did the math a little while ago for DPS over time on fights and it came out to Proc Relics > Matrix Cube > On-Use Relics.

Yeah I use my matrix cube even over my Rakata on-use relic with an augment slot in it. People did the math a little while ago for DPS over time on fights and it came out to Proc Relics > Matrix Cube > On-Use Relics.

Only true for prolonged fights in pve. In pvp you will want burst, most of the time, and on use relics give the best.

Only true for prolonged fights in pve. In pvp you will want burst, most of the time, and on use relics give the best.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention my comments were for PvE DPS. For PvP you want to favor burst DPS more than sustained DPS so on-use will be better there.

I use a Columi power relic and a Campaign power relic (and no, they do not share a cooldown). Before I got the campain relic I used a matrix cube with 58 aim, 50 end, 24 crit. Can't remember the name.

For PvP I have a crit/surge relic and power relic.

Edited by Rigsta

I would suggest the relics that you can get from The Black hole, and are 200 dailies each. Most likely the one that has a 30% chance to do an extra (186 of either elemental or internal) or (248 of Energy, or Kinetic) points of damage every 4.5 seconds and gives +84 endurance. Then it is only worth getting one of the four as the effect is on the same cooldown.

I would suggest the relics that you can get from The Black hole, and are 200 dailies each. Most likely the one that has a 30% chance to do an extra (186 of either elemental or internal) or (248 of Energy, or Kinetic) points of damage every 4.5 seconds and gives +84 endurance. Then it is only worth getting one of the four as the effect is on the same cooldown.

If you are Gunnery you need the Kinetic or Energy relic which does 246 per proc.

If you are Assault you need the Elemental or Internal relic which does 184 per proc.

Why?

Because the Kinetic/Energy relic hits for LESS than the 184 Elemental/Internal relic unless you have an Armour Penetration cell equipped.

Assault can't penetrate armour so it benefits most from the elemental/internal one which ignores armour but hits a bit less.

Vs an operation boss with 35% damage reduction from armour:

Kinetic/Energy relic but no armour penetration: hits for 159

Kinetic/Energy relic and AP cell and grav: hits for 198

Elemental/Internal relic: always hits for 184

Edited by Gyronamics