where to go after thrawn?

I've just finished reading the thrawn trilogy and wondered which series i should go to next. I'd like to keep on with the characters from the thrawn series or maybe find out a bit about leia's twins? I'm not to bithered about delving into the past yet.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I've just finished reading the thrawn trilogy and wondered which series i should go to next. I'd like to keep on with the characters from the thrawn series or maybe find out a bit about leia's twins? I'm not to bithered about delving into the past yet.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'd suggest a minor backtrack to the X-Wing novels by Stackpole and Allston. This allows you to then proceed to the Jedi Academy trilogy (horrid books, but essential to the overall post RotJ storyline), knowing that you can recover by reading Stackpole's I, Jedi (covers much of the same time period and a much better read).

After that, it's pretty much hit-or-miss until Zahn's "Hand of Thrawn" duo (Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future). I suppose the Corellia Trilogy is pretty important story-wise, but the books themselves left very little impression on me.

Post Hand of Thrawn, you get into mega-series territory for the most part; New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, etc.

If you are a fan of Thrawn the Hand of Thrawn duology was good, there's also the stand alones Outbound Flight, Ghosts of Tatooine, Allegiance, Choices of One, Survivor's Quest were all pretty good.

If you're not into the mega series territory, I really do suggest staying away from Jedi Academy series it was ok but *ugh*

Another mostly alright one was the Black Fleet Crisis.

Death Troopers, and/or Red Harvest. They're one-offs, but they are damn good, at least DT.

You'll never think of the Rakghouls as zombies again.

Edit: I'm listening to the audiobook on YT right now, and it is getting better and better by the second.

Edited by Velaran

Red Harvest- I couldnt make it through it. It was so silly lol

I also suggest audiobooks. makes the looooong series better do to the voice acting and backround sounds, it really puts you into the scenes of the book.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.