Secondary Stat

Gannacus

Combat Medic lvl 50

Just looking for some opinion/experience and have a number of questions for other CM's

I have been concentrating on increasing Alacrity as much as possible, even sniffing out 59 Endurance with Alacrity boost cubes to activate during fights. Has anybody else played with increasing Alacrity and have you been able to get charged bolts off less than 1.0 seconds per round ? I am having an issue with running out of ammo faster (as expected) however find myself using hammer shot heal more regularly in between probes (not too bad if Im watching the fight carefully and theres a Tank worth his salt in action). So is there a cap on how much alacrity is too much ? Should I then be putting points into Power or Surge ? Any advice welcome.

Also Ive got mostly an even split of Tionese/Columni gear and my crit Medical Probes are maxing out about 4.6K - what sort of big heal numbers are people putting out with MP? (with and without KB's bonus)

Also is Surge worth chasing ? Or is it a secondary thats good to have but not to be concentrated on ?

Cheers

alacrity is useful, but, since you can get 9% alacrity by just spending 4 skill points, which would be roughly the same amount you could get by stacking all the alacrity you can, stacking alacrity on gear isn't all that necessary imo

i prefer the crit / surge relic to use in tandem with a triage adrenal (adding power / crit / surge all once will give you more than simply adding power and more power)

sure you can get more heals off, but i would consider the benefit only in tandem with supercharged cells, since you can spam adv medical probe on everyone and get your kolto bomb buffs out

Power. Power power power power power. Oh, some power too.

No really, once you are around 25-30% base crit and some 70, 75% surge, go for power. Alacrity is crap, ESPECIALLY for combat medics.

Power dont share the slot with alacrity. Its Surge and Accuracy.

When i started the commando as well, i thought alacrity is good. And tried to get the charged bolt down to 1.0 as well. Didnt knew that the hard cap from alacrity is 30%. combined with the 9% from the skills give a max of 39%.

But you need already of 620 or something for only 18%. Only with relic and adrenalin i could get the charged bolt to 1.0. Yes, its nice to fire them during SCC phase. But thats all.

With the changes in 1.2 your ammo manegment was nerfed so hard its not worth anymore to get alacrity. But with going for power on main stat means as well you lose the crit, so the surge is not this usefull as well. And surge has a way lower DR point, and become not this usefull really early..

And on the downside the whole rakata combat medic gear has alacrity on the enhacments. So you have to replace all of these.

Its really hard to get all these low endu + power/surge enhancments that you need.

So since 1.2 i find alacrity more or less useless. For combat medic its only 2 spells that need it (AMP+MP). All other are instant and dont profit from it at all. On the other hand, there is only one spell without cooldown, and thats MP. So itis casted most often. But the alternatives for alacrtiy are not really there. So it dont even matter.

Alacrity has ALWAYS been useless. Never been any different, on a CM at least, due to the non linear ammo regeneration.

You can quite easily get the stats to where I told you, you will have to swap mods though most probably, but it's quite easy to do.

Alacrity has ALWAYS been useless. Never been any different, on a CM at least, due to the non linear ammo regeneration.

You can quite easily get the stats to where I told you, you will have to swap mods though most probably, but it's quite easy to do.

And as i said, what enhancements do you want to use? The first secondary can be power. But what is with the second secondary? You have to choose between surge, alacrity or accuracy.

For a DPS its ok to take accuracy once you have enough surge. But as healer?

Even if i replace all my enhancements with Advanced Adept Enhancement 26 i have 500 surge, that will give 79% surge.

Currently i have 210 surge, with 72,8%. You are way to easy and fast over the 2t point, where the DR will become to big. 300 surge only give 7% surge.

But there are not alternatives to get. So you can only use surge.

Alacrity has diminishing returns, but since they do NOT take into account the free 9% from talents... it's actually the most effective use of itemization to take both the talents and lots of alacrity on gear. I'd still recommend a hundred or so points of surge, since before the DR monster devours it it is quite useful.

Thanks for the replies, some good info and didnt know about the alacrity cap. Most of my kit is alacrity and power combined so to keep power Im not sure how to get rid of the alacrity.

That said I regularly run my CM as a DPS option in some of the HM's (and IMO charged bolts going nuts every 1.0 - 1.1 seconds is good enough to mix it up as a substitute DPS option). Has worked so far, especially with a Sage Seer onboard and if needbe I can throw out BI and KB in between, with the occasional MP with Hammer shot to get back up to 30 for another round of charged bolts - very useful. Havent tried in OPs or nightmare stuff and I'm guessing it wouldnt be good enough for FP's like Lost Island. But perhaps not far off.

What gear is available that gives power and crit, or power and surge as the secondarys ? Any ? Don't know Ive seen them yet if they are out there at all.

Cheers

i prefer the crit / surge relic to use in tandem with a triage adrenal (adding power / crit / surge all once will give you more than simply adding power and more power)

If you have decent gear, as in 30-35% crit, 70-75% surge (fully buffed), this statement couldnt be more wrong. Using the crit/surge relics are nigh on pointless, due to the nature of their DR...I used to have a surge adrenal, so bad! Power, and power again. Or stagger your relic and adrenal use.

If you have decent gear, as in 30-35% crit, 70-75% surge (fully buffed), this statement couldnt be more wrong. Using the crit/surge relics are nigh on pointless, due to the nature of their DR...I used to have a surge adrenal, so bad! Power, and power again. Or stagger your relic and adrenal use.

everything has DR. why would i overload on power by hitting a triage adrenal and a power relic?

if you want to argue for staggering them, sure. that's certainly a valid tactic that i didn't comment on, but i just said that using crit/surge + triage in tandem is a good tactic for getting a lot of burst heals. stacking power and more power isn't as effective, due to the nature of DR and and the dynamic stat weights