combat medic pvp healing is crap

Canistar

So I have a Sorcerer speced 1/2 healing 1/2 dps and I can chun out an easy 100,000 heals and damage but with my full combat medic I can hardly get 75k healing and half that of damage. Both charactures are in their 30s. Gear wise they both have nothing out side of 3 levels below.

I feel sad about my trooper

:(

Edited by Canistar

So I have a Sorcerer speced 1/2 healing 1/2 dps and I can chun out an easy 100000k heals and damage but with my full combat medic I can hardly get 75k healing and half that of damage. Both charactures are in their 30s. Gear wise they both have nothing out side of 3 levels below.

I feel sad about my trooper

:(

I highly doubt you're putting out 100,000,000 heals while in your 30's.

^ This is why we take what we learn in school and apply it in real life kids. Otherwise you look foolish for all of the internet to see.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that. There are some things that need tweaking, though I don't think anything major is warranted.

As for the OP; Wat

It's not fine at all. Even if it were perfectly competitive with the other two healers (even if it were the best of the bunch), it is horribly designed and very uninteresting to play.

Since they obviously were not OK with our current unique abilities (efficient heals and supercharge cell) being effective, they obviously need to come up with entirely new mechanics.

for example: rather than building supercharge on yourself, you build up kolto residue on other players (MP, kolto bomb with talent, and hammershot build it). Supercharge is replaced with a kolto jolt ability that provides a lot of healing on everybody with kolto residue. The jolt applies some additional benefit to whoever has trauma probe on them.

Edited by Arzoo

So only 100K of you healing went to not keeping yourself up?

That would actually be a good day, on that one - 35k went into effective healing if you just look at my numbers. The other guy was a bit more lucky - 160k/360k

How do you play through an entire game with 0 damage done?

Im a healer why should i waste my ammo doing dps when there is healing to be done? lol if i can dps if not i let the dps's do their job

actually any healer with no guard = dead imo

But a CM without a guard = dead MUCH faster than other healers. We have a glaring lack of utility/mobility and can't even use our any-time heal on ourselves. All they have to do to kill us is wait for our shield to drop and then interrupt our AMP/MP.

We have no stealth escape like a Scoundrel; we have no snare like a Scoundrel; we have no any-time self-heal like a Scoundrel; we have no AoE CC like a Scoundrel; we have no interrupt like a Scoundrel and the list goes on.

We have to use our single target stun as an interrupt because we don't get one. Scoundrels get a stun and an interrupt and AoE CC and a snare. On top of that they get to vanish from a fight if they are in trouble. Plus, Scoundrel healers can get a 15% speed increase if they take Sneaky III.

Basically, thanks to 1.2, a Sawbones Scoundrel can now heal as well as (or better than) a Combat Medic... but they have WAY more utility to go with it. So essentially, my issue isn't that a CM can't heal... obviously they can still heal (though not quite as well as before). My issue is that there is no reason to play a CM over a Scoundrel anymore because a Scoundrel can do just as much healing (if not more) as a CM but they also get an oversize bag of tricks to go with their upgraded healing skills. What do CMs get? An AoE Knockback... yay!

Our lack of tricks means we die faster because we don't have the tools to get away from bad situations. Which means we spend more time off the field and less time actually doing our job.