Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

wow just added cross-realm leveling zones. so they now have the following features that guarantee the MMO feel:

- x-server LFG

- x-server battlegrounds

- x-server LFR

- x-server leveling zones (x-server pvp in contested territories)

this game needs to catch up.

Ok? Where is the RPG? ya, that's what I thought. There is nothing this game needs to do to catch up. It's not WoW

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok? Where is the RPG? ya, that's what I thought. There is nothing this game needs to do to catch up. It's not WoW

You try to hard, swtor is supposed to be a mmo, but i guess you defend it so much because all you want out of it is a rpg, i have real rpgs for that, this game fails as a mmo,.

You try to hard, swtor is supposed to be a mmo, but i guess you defend it so much because all you want out of it is a rpg, i have real rpgs for that, this game fails as a mmo,.

No, it's suppose to be an MMORPG, not an MMO.

No, it's suppose to be an MMORPG, not an MMO.

Yup, and it would still be an MMO RPG with all that x-realm stuff as well. And yes this game is basically WoW but without the quality of life features to make it more of an MMORPG, like actually playing with lots of other players.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

try playing on one of wow's RP servers and join an RP guild. you'll be surprised at the amount of RPG they'll give you.

Edited by noodlehaus

Hello there,

Considering the topid of this thread, we thought you might be interested in the new

that was recently released.

Damion Schubert and Daniel Erickson talk about the 'Group-finder' feature planned for patch 1.3.

Hope this is useful information! Have a great day!

Hmm.

Pretty cool that it will let us find groups for world quests. Interesting that it provides some benefit / token for choosing random instead of specific content.

Sounds like a nice start. Can't wait to see it in action.

Hello there,

Considering the topid of this thread, we thought you might be interested in the new

that was recently released.

Damion Schubert and Daniel Erickson talk about the 'Group-finder' feature planned for patch 1.3.

Hope this is useful information! Have a great day!

I watched it. The LFG sounds a lot like WoW's , which is a good thing. The bad part tho is it is not cross server. So I am not too excited about it working on my low pop server. I will try it...but very many 1+ hours of waiting to find a group and I will stop using it.

I watched it. The LFG sounds a lot like WoW's , which is a good thing. The bad part tho is it is not cross server. So I am not too excited about it working on my low pop server. I will try it...but very many 1+ hours of waiting to find a group and I will stop using it.

Eh, no reason to stop using it. You could always get lucky.

I think once BW sees that the tool isn't meeting their objective of getting more people into more flashpoints more often, they'll take the logical next step all on their own.

i really really would love a LFG tool, similar to Burning Crusaders, where there is a big list of heroics, flashpoints etc. a big improvement over what we currently have.

but i have to agree, cross-server really does ruin community IMO, given my experiences in WoW before and after the addition.

Wait until you see tanks wearing bikinis...lol! You listen to the lastest Podcast? I hope I misunderstood that, because if I did not, you can kiss the RPG part goodbye from any realism point of view. :p

I think once BW sees that the tool isn't meeting their objective of getting more people into more flashpoints more often, they'll take the logical next step all on their own.

Na. Got better things to do with my time than waiting for over a hour to get a grp in a game.

Except that by the time 1.3 comes out, server transfers will have already been running, and there won't be any such thing as a "low pop server"...

Except that by the time 1.3 comes out, server transfers will have already been running, and there won't be any such thing as a "low pop server"...

People keep assuming that BW is going to work free transfers in a way that does that. The only way they can pull that off is going to produce a bunch of completely empty servers, which they're not going to do.

Expect the free transfers to be from "full" servers to "low" ones. But who's going to voluntarily leave a full server to go to a dead one? I mean, they did it in WoW when super popular servers had mega painful queues, but that's not happening here. There is NO incentive for people to move off Fatman, for example, and every reason for them not to.

The free transfers aren't going to work and people are going to be angry that they'll be expected to pay more money to fix a problem BioWare created.

I hope I'm wrong. A long time ago, I was a huge BioWare fan. After my experience in this game, I've become much more cynical... but that tends to be more accurate. :confused:

i really really would love a LFG tool, similar to Burning Crusaders, where there is a big list of heroics, flashpoints etc. a big improvement over what we currently have.

but i have to agree, cross-server really does ruin community IMO, given my experiences in WoW before and after the addition.

lol. sitting in ghost town servers directly ruin the game,

but cross server friend list , channel, lfg tool can so simply fix this issue.

it is easy to know which one is more useful,

ruin community or ruin the game.

Are you a paid biodrone? WHY the fack would people want to wait for bioware to see that it is not working to fix it, when the people already know a same server will not work? Do u know how stupid that sounds?

WoW is the perfect example. Ever since they went X-Server, everyone felt that they were entitled to everything in the game. The challenge level dropped, CC was taken out and bads ruled the Azeroth. The biggest complaint was people crying about how raids were inaccessible. Nothing was inaccessible, people just didn't want to put any effort in. As for Star Wars if you, and i don't mean you personally, have not met at least 3 friends for doing FP's, then you might be the problem, not the game. Like C'mon, for a game to boast to have 10 million plus players and no one can find a group, well excuse me while I laugh

Why are you laughing, exactly?

Every time I have logged on for the last two months, I have spammed in guild/general/trade whatever channel I can find for a group, and I am a tank. I sometimes spam over the course of a few hours while also queuing for PvP (I don't like PvP but it's currently the only thing I can do). I have not found a FP group in two months.

Wake up mate, players can't find groups right now. This is a big problem, who the hell are you to come in here and tell us it's a problem with us personally. I have met alot more than 3 friends, I came over to this game with 20 or so friends, however they have all left now, along with everyone else. That's the problem, if all your friends are still playing, good for you, but don't dare come in here and tell me that it's my fault that everyone is leaving the game.

Cross-Server LFG tool is needed to keep the community which remains from quitting from not being able to find groups, plain and simple.

Edited by Kallti

Are you a paid biodrone? WHY the fack would people want to wait for bioware to see that it is not working to fix it, when the people already know a same server will not work? Do u know how stupid that sounds?

Actually, the best solution is an LFG with a X-server toggle.

Why are you laughing, exactly?

Every time I have logged on for the last two months, I have spammed in guild/general/trade whatever channel I can find for a group, and I am a tank. I sometimes spam over the course of a few hours while also queuing for PvP (I don't like PvP but it's currently the only thing I can do). I have not found a FP group in two months.

Wake up mate, players can't find groups right now. This is a big problem, who the hell are you to come in here and tell us it's a problem with us personally. I have met alot more than 3 friends, I came over to this game with 20 or so friends, however they have all left now, along with everyone else. That's the problem, if all your friends are still playing, good for you, but don't dare come in here and tell me that it's my fault that everyone is leaving the game.

Cross-Server LFG tool is needed to keep the community which remains from quitting from not being able to find groups, plain and simple.

SWTOR has 10 million players? This is news to me

Naw, just bad reading. I was talking about WoW and making fun of the fact that it has 10 million players but they need an x-server to get people to group

For some reason, the cross server tool, reminds me of "EVE online"