Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

Without saying it, Rift was the example used to speak against a cross server LFG. The poster had their opinions and they are entitled to them, here are mine, from my experience in Rift.

My guild raid team imploded due to the late comers not being able to catch up as the lower lvl instances were seldom visited. This put heavy strain on guild officers to always carry the replacements back up to raid entrance.

Cross server LFG arrived and the new arrivals needed far less carrying, raid teams reformed and got back into viable form.

Yes we met some odd sorts in cross server pugs, but it kept us in the game.

Why am I here..... server transfers were made free and THAT destroyed the high population RP server community, not cross server pugs.

Good luck all.

Edited by Elkirin

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ofc "ninja'ing" will always happen, but you can contain it a bit more if you keep things to the seperate servers.

And as for the dungeon tool, you will be forced to use it even if you dont want to, there will be no lfg in any chat anymore, cause people will use the tool. And those who dont want to just have to cause they dont wanna be left behind etc. So there wont be any: " Dont use it"

Like there's any accountability now? LMAO.

You are right, the first version of the tool as they've announced will be Same Server. And it will add some convenience. I seriously doubt though that it will help much beyond that so yes, it's worth discussing. Judging by how much longer and longer the same server Warzone queueing is getting...definitely looking forward to that going xserver. I think it's a matter of time before they do go xserver with the PvE as well. There's a good chance I won't be around by that time though (which I'm sure you'll all rejoice over)

It may be worth dicussing but derailing someone elses topic for it, even if it's a similar topic, would be rather rude, why not make your own thread so you can tell people who don't agree with you that they are wrong.

Back on track, it has just been my experiance that the less people have to interact with others the less they care to try. Doesn't mean there aren't plenty of jerks out there already but I'de rather give honest people some incentive to stay honest.

Ofc "ninja'ing" will always happen, but you can contain it a bit more if you keep things to the seperate servers.

And as for the dungeon tool, you will be forced to use it even if you dont want to, there will be no lfg in any chat anymore, cause people will use the tool. And those who dont want to just have to cause they dont wanna be left behind etc. So there wont be any: " Dont use it"

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You have the choice. If so many people cared about community and same server pugs, they'd play with their Guilds, their friends or ask in Chat for groups.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you're feeling you have no option and so using the Group Finder, that's your choice, nobody elses.

Take some responsibility, stop blaming others for what you do.

I don't get this whole myth of "community". How many random pug players on your server have you actually talked to more than once? Whether it's same-server or cross-server it's the same: group up, run the FP, and forget the peoples' names before you hit the terminal to turn in the daily. The only difference is with same-server it takes 10x longer to find a group, if you can at all.

I've talked to plenty of the people I've grouped with on a few occasions, i've found that it helps to have people who remember me and are happy to invite me to groups when they have an opening. I'de rather work with people I know are compitant than people I should expect to have little value in party.

I've talked to plenty of the people I've grouped with on a few occasions, i've found that it helps to have people who remember me and are happy to invite me to groups when they have an opening. I'de rather work with people I know are compitant than people I should expect to have little value in party.

You can still do that though. People still have a choice whether to use a Cross-Server LFD or ask in General for a pug.

People always have a choice. Anyone who says they don't and 'have' to use the group finder tool just have no accountability over their actions.

single server lfd tool + good population = no need for cross server lfd tool.

Cross server is only a crutch for unhealthy servers. Let them merge the server and implement the lfd tool, then complain on the forum if your queue doesnt pop in less than 14 sec.

single server lfd tool + good population = no need for cross server lfd tool.

Cross server is only a crutch for unhealthy servers. Let them merge the server and implement the lfd tool, then complain on the forum if your queue doesnt pop in less than 14 sec.

/sigh

Good population, that's the key word.

And as we keep saying

THERE WILL BE NO SERVER MERGES.

James Olsen has stated this, thus the need for Cross-Server LFG.

Edited by chaosdefined

/sigh

Good population, that's the key word.

And as we keep saying

THERE WILL BE NO SERVER MERGES.

James Olsen has stated this, thus the need for Cross-Server LFG.

That is correct, but they have not said that about transfers. The server transfers have been in discussion and can be viewed under the Q & A section.

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

A bit later than hoped for, and not sure when they will start the "targeted" transfers, but they are coming and will give better populations to some servers.

And as you agreed, "Good population, that's the key word." And I would say a lack of Need for X-Server LFG to be rushed into existence.

Maybe if they do decide to implement the tool they will avoid the nightmarish troubles and backlash that can plague it as well as take the time to accommodate those that will "just don't use it" (as you like to post so often) so that all people may "experience the same content".

Edited by Esproc

The 12 people i know who bought this game and wanted to play it, all stopped playing because of the lack of LFG tool.

It's needed

it has to be X-realm

if you are afraid of ninjas, underachievers, morons or something inbetween just implement a ranking system like the mvp in battlegrounds and let ppl vote players out of the grp

and

all problems are solved

Maybe if they do decide to implement the tool they will avoid the nightmarish troubles and backlash that can plague it as well as take the time to accommodate those that will "just don't use it" (as you like to post so often) so that all people may "experience the same content".

All they need to do, and I really hope they do, is to ask for Feedback like they have been doing on what features of the Tool people would like to see implimented.

So such things as a Choice of Single or Cross Server.

A choice of what Main Spec and Off Spec you have which is then taken into account when being able to roll on loot.

A choice of queueing for a Story run or a Quick Run.

And such like that, and whatever else people think would be good.

The 12 people i know who bought this game and wanted to play it, all stopped playing because of the lack of LFG tool.

It's needed

it has to be X-realm

if you are afraid of ninjas, underachievers, morons or something inbetween just implement a ranking system like the mvp in battlegrounds and let ppl vote players out of the grp

and

all problems are solved

12 of you quit because there was no LFG tool? You can form three, 4 man groups and one 8 man group with the lot of you. You are a mere 4 people short of having a 16 man raiding guild......

On topic, I will welcome a LFG Tool, but I don't want to see cross server anything

12 of you quit because there was no LFG tool? You can form three, 4 man groups and one 8 man group with the lot of you. You are a mere 4 people short of having a 16 man raiding guild......

On topic, I will welcome a LFG Tool, but I don't want to see cross server anything

Not if none of them are healers or tanks and played at different times.

It's needed

it has to be X-realm

and

all problems are solved

So far as I've seen, 12 + a couple of dozen or so maybe, out of the full subscription base does not make a viable test group. Unless you're a pharmaceutical company, and they are really bad with the loot system too. :)

All they need to do, and I really hope they do, is to ask for Feedback like they have been doing on what features of the Tool people would like to see implimented.

So such things as a Choice of Single or Cross Server.

A choice of what Main Spec and Off Spec you have which is then taken into account when being able to roll on loot.

A choice of queueing for a Story run or a Quick Run.

And such like that, and whatever else people think would be good.

They got feedback earlier and decided to follow the course direction of single server LFG only.

Yeah I am with you!!

We can not have people playing the game around their own schedules, what chaos that would bring!!!

Being able to play when and how you want is an outrageous request!!!!!

I'd rather they got feedback from the majority of the playerbase, not a select group of top end guilds who'd never use the tool anyway.

Yeah, thats where all the "community" nonsense came from. People who already got theirs and don't want anyone else to have a taste of the pie.

I'd rather they got feedback from the majority of the playerbase, not a select group of top end guilds who'd never use the tool anyway.

Where is the proof that it was only "a select group of top end guilds" and not a wider part of the player-base. Also, what about other avenues that they (BW) themselves may have previously looked into in forming the decisions they chose?

If you guess at the guilds from the conference, well, they had already made up their minds about what they were going to say about it, before they put on the presentation.

Where is the proof that it was only "a select group of top end guilds" and not a wider part of the player-base. Also, what about other avenues that they (BW) themselves may have previously looked into in forming the decisions they chose?

If you guess at the guilds from the conference, well, they had already made up their minds about what they were going to say about it, before they put on the presentation.

They've now started putting up Feedback requests on the forums, that's a step in the right direction.

LFG cross server is a horrible idea. If you want to see how much fun it is go roll a toon in world of restarts and use it. 99% of the time you get complete jerks. It will bring all of the negativity in these forums to every flashpoint and heroic you run and severely damage the in-game community. :mon_trap:

LFG cross server is a horrible idea. If you want to see how much fun it is go roll a toon in world of restarts and use it. 99% of the time you get complete jerks. It will bring all of the negativity in these forums to every flashpoint and heroic you run and severely damage the in-game community. :mon_trap:

/facepalm

/facepalm

You dont believe him?

If there's a cross server LFD tool, ill be the first one to need for companion, quit after im done with what i wanted and really just troll the **** out of everyone. Why ? Cause im a ****n jerk. You think im alone? You're WRONG.

Rift has a great LFG tool which is X server.

The key is to not x all servers with each other but to cluster them so that players from the same 4-6 servers are always grouped together. This stops alot of ninja's as the likey hood of getting that same person agin is increased quite alot. Even if you're not playing with ppl from other servers you will get the a**holes that will ninja an item they dont need or cant wear because it is useful for an alt or comp, I would rather have a game where you can actually play EG content using the "MM" part without a heavy server or a massive guild and deal with the 1-2% of ppl that are d**ks than sit on a dying server queuing for a dungeon which only has activity for 2-3hrs per day like PvP queues atm.

and also if someone ninja's loot or loots without justification you name and shame in game on your server. If word gets out "x" ninja's loot they will just get insta kicked by the party if they are grouped, you also tell others in the group why if they on another server so they can spread the word. I've seen it happen and few times now and ppl tend to behave more when they know they would be cut out of the community.

Also Need vs Greed loot rights should be looked at so that you can only "need" on items your toon can wear, mods that contain your primary stat and recipes you actually has the skill for. anything else should be greed or breakdown.

This tends to help with ninja's.