Subs down 25%

Sabilok

Oh..well, when I read the Diablo forums, I'm pretty sure SWTOR will win back some people the next days. That release is not really going smooth right now. All the impatient people never realize that what happens here, happens in every online game every time again. What surprises me though, is that people keep believing that the next game will be so much better.

Not the all loving Blizzard...they can't be having problems!!! How easily they forget Vanilla.:rolleyes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765617

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are pretty much right, because when WoW lanched it was as messy as Diablo now, but people were much more patient, condoned server crashes and being in queues for months. The game world has changed a lot.

Because before WoW MMOs took years to level a character. After three years trying to hit max level you are not going to re-roll FOTM characters, or re-roll because of a nerf or because your mount didn't work exactly the way you wanted .. wait there were no mounts you had to walk. Today's WoW evangalists would have walked on WoW within the first week of launch.

Hey guys,

I rarely, if ever, post on the forum here...but I thought I would let you know something important:

Torstatus.net shows that almost every single server went into the negative after Diablo 3 release.

Also, I know you guys want to argue with people about how much you love SWTOR, yet you aren't playing it...

But, I think no one is responding because they are too busy playing Diablo 3 while you are still angry.

Hope this helps. May the force be with you and the three players left on your server.

Edited by Tiaa

Because before WoW MMOs took years to level a character. After three years trying to hit max level you are not going to re-roll FOTM characters, or re-roll because of a nerf or because your mount didn't work exactly the way you wanted .. wait there were no mounts you had to walk. Today's WoW evangalists would have walked on WoW within the first week of launch.

Well youre wrong that wow was lucky to have come out when mmos hit mainstream, but you pretty much explained in your own thread why youre wrong.

Wow made their game apeal to those people. They didnt get lucky and fall into it at the right time, they shorttened the leveling process, slowly removed any actual risk, took out several mechanics to make dungeons and raids much easier and less time consuming. All things swtor has done.

But wow also improved on convienence and quality of life features, something swtor thought was a good idea to just leave out all together.

So now we have a game with no sense of achievement you get from a game with risks and consequences but still all the pointless time sinks and barriers that hold back the majority of the player base from seeing most of the games content.

And to all the wow "vets" who think that gamers getting really pist off at devs screwing up their game and going a little over board on message boards is new? If you were around in 1999 you would know you were wrong, sorry to say but the hate ive seen directed to bioware is nothing to the rants i used to see about soe/verrant during eq1's reign.

And to all the wow "vets" who think that gamers getting really pist off at devs screwing up their game and going a little over board on message boards is new? If you were around in 1999 you would know you were wrong, sorry to say but the hate ive seen directed to bioware is nothing to the rants i used to see about soe/verrant during eq1's reign.

I just forgive them.

I was going to tell them they have no idea what they are talking about but...

Most of them are new to the internet and forums for that matter.

They think most of the terms like "troll" and "entitled generation" for example were created in the 2000's.

Well youre wrong that wow was lucky to have come out when mmos hit mainstream, but you pretty much explained in your own thread why youre wrong.

Wow made their game apeal to those people. They didnt get lucky and fall into it at the right time, they shorttened the leveling process, slowly removed any actual risk, took out several mechanics to make dungeons and raids much easier and less time consuming. All things swtor has done.

But wow also improved on convienence and quality of life features, something swtor thought was a good idea to just leave out all together.

So now we have a game with no sense of achievement you get from a game with risks and consequences but still all the pointless time sinks and barriers that hold back the majority of the player base from seeing most of the games content.

I agree with you. Say what you want about WoW but it appeals to a lot of people. If BW really wanted to make a thempark MMO, they should have thrown their strategy out the window and actually make a real WoW clone.

I just forgive them.

I was going to tell them they have no idea what they are talking about but...

Most of them are new to the internet and forums for that matter.

They think most of the terms like "troll" and "entitled generation" for example were created in the 2000's.

LOL, yeah my own post got me thinking, back in my eq days "Verrant" had pretty much become a bad word, i cannot think of a time when i heard it used in a way that wasnt negative, and for its day eq had a huge population and people loved and played that game like crazy.

The internet was born crazy, it hasnt really gotten worse its just never got any better and i doubt it ever will.

Hey guys,

I rarely, if ever, post on the forum here...but I thought I would let you know something important:

Torstatus.net shows that almost every single server went into the negative after Diablo 3 release.

Also, I know you guys want to argue with people about how much you love SWTOR, yet you aren't playing it...

But, I think no one is responding because they are too busy playing Diablo 3 while you are still angry.

Hope this helps. May the force be with you and the three players left on your server.

Of course it did. Why would anyone think otherwise? They dipped in just about every other MMO, too, including WoW, due to D3 launch. Why are you acting like this is news?

Also, oh, is D3 working now? Been down most of the day...

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I agree with you. Say what you want about WoW but it appeals to a lot of people. If BW really wanted to make a thempark MMO, they should have thrown their strategy out the window and actually make a real WoW clone.

And take into account that i have never liked wow, ive always just detested their graphics to the point that i find the game rediculous and unplayable. But i dont let my bias blind me to how well that game is run and what it has done for the mmo community.

You are pretty much right, because when WoW lanched it was as messy as Diablo now, but people were much more patient, condoned server crashes and being in queues for months. The game world has changed a lot.

Er.... no they weren't. :confused:

Things were pretty much like they were now, in fact they were the same in EQ1 and UO - EQ1 official messageboard was an insanely nasty place, the likes of which you'd never seen from a MMORPG messageboard these days.

Edited by Goretzu

It's funny cuz it's true! :D

That's because they were expecting a bar of gold (MMO experience in Star Wars), not a bar of iron with gold colored paint (Looks to be an MMO experience, but take away the gold paint (Voice overs and storyline) and you find no MMO experience)

:p

Yeah, agreeing with one of the posters above me, WoW was literally burning to the ground in vanilla and the forums were so full of rage over the servers being out all weekend, no PvP Honor or rewards, and a craptastic endgame that honestly... they make these forums look like an elevated discussion between university professors.

Edited by Blistrich

Er.... no they weren't. :confused:

Things were pretty much like they were now, in fact they were the same in EQ1 and UO - EQ1 official messageboard was an insanely nasty place, the likes of which you'd never seen from a MMORPG messageboard these days.

I think eq1 and uo were actualy nastier, people were alot more invested in their characters because of the time and dificulty it took to make them. and if you screwed with that , watch out!

Its the same reason people rage agasint mmo companies today.