population

I have been seeing many posts regarding "dead servers" wherein such symptoms are experienced as the infamous "empty gtn" and one of my problems "no one grouping for.....well......anything except pvp(which i hate)"

My question is this: Which PvE servers are not plagued with these problems!? I need to make toons on one of them, clearly.

I have been seeing many posts regarding "dead servers" wherein such symptoms are experienced as the infamous "empty gtn" and one of my problems "no one grouping for.....well......anything except pvp(which i hate)"

My question is this: Which PvE servers are not plagued with these problems!? I need to make toons on one of them, clearly.

Just after 7 CST and there were 15 reps on Fleet and 23 Imps on fleet. These numbers are approx 1/4 of what they were just 3 months ago. If Bioware honestly thinks they have only lost 25% of thier subs.... they are being screwed by the folks who collect such data:(

Just after 7 CST and there were 15 reps on Fleet and 23 Imps on fleet. These numbers are approx 1/4 of what they were just 3 months ago. If Bioware honestly thinks they have only lost 25% of thier subs.... they are being screwed by the folks who collect such data:(

Or, more likely than not, a lot of the people who used to play on your server have re-rolled onto one of the more populated servers until they can transfer their characters away.

I've notice it becoming a trend since they announced they were working on transfers rolling out soon, lots of people rolling new characters on other servers to test the water before migrating fully.

Or, more likely than not, a lot of the people who used to play on your server have re-rolled onto one of the more populated servers until they can transfer their characters away.

I've notice it becoming a trend since they announced they were working on transfers rolling out soon, lots of people rolling new characters on other servers to test the water before migrating fully.

which was most likely the smart move to do a month ago. still lots of time to start a fresh one or finish the grind to 50....

to the OP there was a link posted thats your best bet to gather data before making a choice.

nice to see some one ask for data to point them in a direction in regards to server populations instead of "mah servar iz ded bioware failz" rash of posts as of late.

i think we got ourselves a true mmo players here folks ;):rak_03:

which was most likely the smart move to do a month ago. still lots of time to start a fresh one or finish the grind to 50....

to the OP there was a link posted thats your best bet to gather data before making a choice.

nice to see some one ask for data to point them in a direction in regards to server populations instead of "mah servar iz ded bioware failz" rash of posts as of late.

i think we got ourselves a true mmo players here folks ;):rak_03:

Yes, we need more proactive mmo players.

I just started a char on "the fatman" (my first pub) and its great. 80 to 100 people in the starter zone alone. I could actually get groups for heroics and there are some hilarious conversations in general chat. For once I don't feel like I am playing a solo game. Hope Bioware pulls there heads out and starts consolidating servers soon (for free!) otherwise this game is gonna keep bleeding out subscriptions. Hell this game really is enjoyable when there are other people actually around to play it with.

I just started a char on "the fatman" (my first pub) and its great. 80 to 100 people in the starter zone alone. I could actually get groups for heroics and there are some hilarious conversations in general chat. For once I don't feel like I am playing a solo game. Hope Bioware pulls there heads out and starts consolidating servers soon (for free!) otherwise this game is gonna keep bleeding out subscriptions. Hell this game really is enjoyable when there are other people actually around to play it with.

I remember when someone got on the forum asking folks to roll on the Fatman server. Then they started running Heavy and Full most of the time. This is an example of players making the game work within their abliity to make changes.

I remember when someone got on the forum asking folks to roll on the Fatman server. Then they started running Heavy and Full most of the time. This is an example of players making the game work within their abliity to make changes.

Can't argue with that, those sorts of proactive measures by the player base help build up the community and are a prime example of why mmo's are enjoyable. However, I feel for people who spent allot of time leveling up a char to 50 on low populated server. The Devs need to step up admit they overestimated the amount of subs they would get and consolidate the servers. I don't feel entitled to end game rewards and I don't want stuff handed to me, I just wan't to play swtor with a large an active community. EA said they have something like 1.3 mil subs, well it sure didn't feel that way on my old server. I say if they want to make this work, they need to consolidate the servers. I believe ppl wouldnt have a prob. with this game if WZ ques were reasonable and it wasn't hard to find a group to run pve content. The class balancing in this game isn't bad (maybe some tweaks but it is no worse than the other major mmos) and things like group finders and duel spec are more quality of life features than necessity. Being on a populated server would def ease the pain of any shortcoming of this game.

Things depend largely on one's attitude. I'm on a low population server. I've stated my dislike of this, but I've not let it ruin the game for me. I look for the positive. One big positive I've found is the undisturbed way in which you can level up. When you have a server where each planet is filled with hundreds of players doing many open area quest take longer. I'm leveling my characters and when the time comes will move them to a server where I can enjoy the benefits of a high population server.