Does gender matter?

nysis

I want to try out an imperial agent and i wanted to know if a male has a different experience than a female imperial agent.

Is same sex romancing in game or to be added through future characters? Does male flirt alot as IMP agent? Does female flirt alot?

Thanks

I want to try out an imperial agent and i wanted to know if a male has a different experience than a female imperial agent.

Is same sex romancing in game or to be added through future characters? Does male flirt alot as IMP agent? Does female flirt alot?

Thanks

The gender of your character does matter to an extent but only, so far as I know, on the romance side of things. There are several threads discussing the significantly less flirt options for female toons. So yes, a male agent will likely get many more flirt opportunities than a female one.

Right now, same gender romance arcs are not in the game, however they are supposed to be added this year. We do not know if that story patch will also add same gender flirting and/or increase the amount of flirts available for females as a whole.

Right now, same gender romance arcs are not in the game, however they are supposed to be added this year. We do not know if that story patch will also add same gender flirting and/or increase the amount of flirts available for females as a whole.

I thought the extent of those changes was in Legacy, were you can set up a "marriage" on the legacy tree regardless of sex. At least that is what the religious kooks were all upset about. I doubt they are going to change any of the cinematics or class stories. That seems way too expensive. BW is adding it to future releases in other games, but I doubt we are going to see much in SWTOR outside of the legacy changes. You might also see players have a marriage system or designation as in some other MMOs. Of couse this is all speculation.

Edited by Owsley

Thanks

The devs have expressed interest in same-sex romance options. However, from what I'm hearing, it'll only be for new content characters. Any existing companions or NPCs in the first 3 Acts will not be same-sex romance-able. The idea behind this is they don't want people who have already leveled their toons to feel like they "missed out" while leveling. There's nothing saying current companions will become romance-able in act 4+. However, the current romance options will not change for the currently released Acts.

Thanks

The only difference would be who you can romance and who you can flirt with.

The gender of your character does matter to an extent but only, so far as I know, on the romance side of things. There are several threads discussing the significantly less flirt options for female toons. So yes, a male agent will likely get many more flirt opportunities than a female one.

In the Agent line, there are actually situations where [Flirt] becomes an...alternative solution to dicey negotiations. On Hutta a female Agent can sleep with a guy rather than having to bribe or kill him.

I got the impression that men have more [Flirt] options, though most of my problem-solving [Flirt] attempts as a man were hilariously shot down. There aren't enough such occasions to make a significant gameplay difference.

Greetings everyone!

We just wanted to let you know of the active thread regarding Same Gender Romance Arcs in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ located in our Story and Lore sub-forum for discussion of this feature:

Same gender relationships clarifications?

Additionally, regarding Female romance options, we have an active thread on this topic located here:

Females never given flirt options?

Feel free to discuss this topic within the above threads!

Thank you! :)

Edited by Ellvaan