EA Blames Subscriber Loss on Casual Players (TOR-Talk Editorial)

Bertolli

I blame EA for foolishly making too many servers available on day 1

Exactly! Everyone insisted on starting out on the highest populated servers, then complained about server queues. The reactionary response of opening up new servers was foolish and we are now experiencing the long term consequences. The complainers should have been told to roll on a standard or light population server instead. Although a more innovative technical approach like that taken by TrionWorlds with their weekly free transfer between shards which was available at launch would have been a great way to solve an old MMO problem which in all honesty should not even exist in an MMO released in 2012.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you start playing wow? if you've started playing wow in the last few years of cause you would have more to do, we are up to expansion number 3 about to start number 4. You really cant compare game content that's had 7yrs work of updates and expansions to one that's only been out 5 months.

I can compare contents of different games all I want if they cost the same amount of money to play. I would rather get full value of my money, than spend my money on a game that has less than 1/10 the content of another game.