Give. Bioware. Time.

pppgggr

You people need to know that this is Bioware's -FIRST MMO-

Yet they had many successful, as well as unsuccessful, models to look at and to research...your point is irrelevant.

In a mmo, they're rushing to put the patch out

This is a real problem because it means in all likelihood the patches are not being properly coded or properly tested...another irrelevant point

When it comes to Customer support, most of the issues people have are there simply because they've never played an MMO before

On what are you basing this complete nonsense? Do you even read the forums? If you did, you would have noticed all the veteran MMO players

For those of you whom can't even log into the game due to crashes, I don't blame you for unsubscribing

Right because the canned copy-paste responses which come from the CS flunkies don't resolve the person's issue while the help ticket is immediately closed as resolved.

These issues are of BW's own making--people unsubbing to go play something else is BW's fault and because people had to buy the game (which you don't have to do with WoW AND can play WoW for free up to 20th level WITHOUT having to enter your credit card information) THEN pay the monthly fee on top of that, some people subscribing for 6 months, only to see this game have as many problems as it has--again, many of BW's own creation--but without important features gamers demanded from a new "MMO". We could also discuss the BW dev's uneven and inconsistent weakening of classes as another pain point for gamers--people shouldn't have to roll and grind a new toon simply to be competitive in PVP, the classes are NOT balanced nor are all classes within 5% of each other...and BW knows it but they refuse to fix it. I don't at all PVP but I do side with them on this issue because it also affected we solo PVE'ers albeit to a lesser extent.

I resubbed to gring my alts and am having fun doing so, I won't deny that but this give BW time nonsense is complete garbage--this MMO was supposed to be different, it was supposed to have more subs than WoW...the fact of the matter is this game is NOT different and BW is making WoW's mistakes which is why TOR is losing subs as fast as WoW did...WoW has its Mists of Pandaria coming soon while TOR is supposed to have new stuff coming in both the 1.3 and 1.4 patches...WoW will be around for a long time to come because Blizzard has committed to it and will continue to commit to it...we have cause to question EA's committment to TOR as we creep ever closer to that 500K sub break even baseline...many of the people who left the game are NOT coming back--yes, BW will attract some people to return with rated WZ's, open world PVP and doing something to adjust server population but there is also a hefty percentage of people who will not return--they are so turned off by what they already experienced they have washed their hands of it

Edited by StaticJoe

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give. Bioware. Time.

I hear what you're saying, and they do STILL need time.

They needed a lot more before launch.

Still...this game isn't free.

So what you are essentially asking is that we keep paying them money until they finally deliver on a playable game.

A game they promised would work at launch.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

It's also a terrible business model.

- DH

The game isn't playable? Could've fooled me. I've found it quite playable and I'm near 50 on my second character.

You don't want playability. You want it to meet your expectations as you deem them.

Games been out six months or something. MMOs are long term and constantly evolving, changing, improving. Where was wow and guild wars after six months?

The only thing that makes me chuckle more than this is the crowd who've already managed to earn 50s on multiple, multiple alts whining about lack of content. It takes tremendous work and time to create. It takes nothing to sit back and experience. The devs cannot generate content as fast as the hardcore players gobble it down.

I've been hearing constant complaints about Bioware and the game itself. I'm not going to lie here; I've made some of these complaints myself. Once I gave myself time to think it over, however, I realized that there's no point in being irritated. You people need to know that this is Bioware's -FIRST MMO-. They're still learning how to do it. It takes time to learn how to make sufficient patches on the first try, or to polish the game to a certain degree. As store-shelf game designers, Bioware is used to being able to fix a mistake a long while after's it's made because they notice during the development and testing process. In a video game, you have at least a couple of months of testing. In a mmo, they're rushing to put the patch out(Here, I'm not talking about the actual game, just the patch. Bioware had several months of BETA to test it). Until Bioware learns some of these skills needed to run an MMO, we will notice some issues.

On top of inexperience, Bioware is also having issues with both EA and the Mass Effect 3 ending. EA has rushed them to complete both TOR and Mass Effect 3 on time in order to compete with other titles as is what happens when you have another company calling the shots for you. When it comes to Customer support, most of the issues people have are there simply because they've never played an MMO before. I've seen people complaining about selling something they needed and not getting a warning. That's simply how an MMO is. On top of that, TOR gets THOSANDS of help requests every day. If your ticket isn't addressed immediately, or is addressed inadequately, -BE PATIENT-. Continue asking for assistance if they failed to help you and you will get your answer eventually.

For those of you whom can't even log into the game due to crashes, I don't blame you for unsubscribing.....But if you do, and actually like the game, check back in with it eventually. Chances are, they will have fixed it.

Now then, before you say that I'm a Bioware/EA fanboy, please note that I have only ever played one Bioware game which was the original KOTOR and I preferred KOTOR II to that. When it comes to EA, I have two games by them that I don't really pay much mind.

Ok... I'm convinced. I'll give them time to fix things. In the meantime... I'm taking my gaming dollars elsewhere. When things are fixed, I'll come back and play again.

I've been hearing constant complaints about Bioware and the game itself. I'm not going to lie here; I've made some of these complaints myself. Once I gave myself time to think it over, however, I realized that there's no point in being irritated. You people need to know that this is Bioware's -FIRST MMO-. They're still learning how to do it. It takes time to learn how to make sufficient patches on the first try, or to polish the game to a certain degree. As store-shelf game designers, Bioware is used to being able to fix a mistake a long while after's it's made because they notice during the development and testing process. In a video game, you have at least a couple of months of testing. In a mmo, they're rushing to put the patch out(Here, I'm not talking about the actual game, just the patch. Bioware had several months of BETA to test it). Until Bioware learns some of these skills needed to run an MMO, we will notice some issues.

On top of inexperience, Bioware is also having issues with both EA and the Mass Effect 3 ending. EA has rushed them to complete both TOR and Mass Effect 3 on time in order to compete with other titles as is what happens when you have another company calling the shots for you. When it comes to Customer support, most of the issues people have are there simply because they've never played an MMO before. I've seen people complaining about selling something they needed and not getting a warning. That's simply how an MMO is. On top of that, TOR gets THOSANDS of help requests every day. If your ticket isn't addressed immediately, or is addressed inadequately, -BE PATIENT-. Continue asking for assistance if they failed to help you and you will get your answer eventually.

For those of you whom can't even log into the game due to crashes, I don't blame you for unsubscribing.....But if you do, and actually like the game, check back in with it eventually. Chances are, they will have fixed it.

Now then, before you say that I'm a Bioware/EA fanboy, please note that I have only ever played one Bioware game which was the original KOTOR and I preferred KOTOR II to that. When it comes to EA, I have two games by them that I don't really pay much mind.

ill give them time to sell BW to some one capable of making a SW-MMO...

I hear what you're saying, and they do STILL need time.

They needed a lot more before launch.

Still...this game isn't free.

So what you are essentially asking is that we keep paying them money until they finally deliver on a playable game.

A game they promised would work at launch.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

It's also a terrible business model.

- DH

AMEN brother! my sig explains it all

The game was developed over many YEARS. Once the game releases, it is not BETA anymore and therefore customers should not be treated as BETA players. I believe the community, or whats left of it, has been more than patient.

They had nearly 6 years to get it right, and here we are.

They talked about having a focus on story, but what I didn't realize until this week, was that their idea of story and what most of us who play MMORPGs have, are totally different. Most MMORPG players I know, create their character, play it as they like, through a world that has an "overall" story, which we enter into. However, Bioware's approach was to basically make us play a single player RPG style story, where we don't really have choice but to live-out somebody else's life.

So in effect, I would say the hyped "story based experience" is in truth, wrong for this game, or at least, for this genre.

Some call SWTOR a theme park game, it isn't. It is a theme park ride.

It takes tremendous work and time to create. It takes nothing to sit back and experience. The devs cannot generate content as fast as the hardcore players gobble it down.

You make it sound like paying customers owe Bioware gratitude for not making the game fun for them.

Bioware can have all the time they want to improve their game when I'm not paying for the subscription :D

I'm ok to give bioware time to finish their game.

But i will unsubscribe till the "moment of triumph".

But without subscribers, that wait for fixing stuff, they will lack of money.

Will they finish the game that not brings money? No.

I'm customer and i can whine about bad quality of product. They released it, so only their problems.

I'm ok to give bioware time to finish their game.

But i will unsubscribe till the "moment of triumph".

But without subscribers, that wait for fixing stuff, they will lack of money.

Will they finish the game that not brings money? No.

I'm customer and i can whine about bad quality of product. They released it, so only their problems.

This basically sums up why the premise of "wait guys, they'll fix everything, other MMOs had problems this close to launch, etc" does not work. A certain amount of people will not keep paying subs while the problems within the game are sorted out, this amount increases as time goes on and stuff is left unfixed. Why should I keep my sub if my server has been dead since February and I can't do content due to lack of people anymore? And why should EA/Bioware keep development team employed for a game that has no subs anymore?

What exactly are you asking us to do? Keep playing and wait it out? As a person that has a relatively adult grasp on the concept of a paying customer receiving the goods/services expected for that payment I have no problem giving them time but I have a big problem with giving them time while I give them money. The solution to this, by the way, is not whine to them about fixing everything fast...that's sort of stupid, especially handled incorrectly in the wrong context. So the solution for me is cancel till they get it right, if they never get it right then I do not resub again. Simple as that.

I get that their new to the MMO thing but BW's a big boy now, they do not need to be coddled by fans, they need to be treated like a respectable business providing a service or good. When said service or good is not provided in the manner expected (I am talking basic functionality by the way, not super high expectation type stuff) then they should be held accountable by the market. Hold them accountable long enough, the people in the studio that are making bad decisions get corrected and trained or they get fired and replaced, either way, the customer and business win.

But to keep giving them money while we wait for them to "find themselves" is ludicrous. Could you imagine standing at a fast food checkout line waiting on your burger for over half an hour because the guy working behind the counter is trying to figure out whether or not he's made the right career decision? Or whether or not he should put mustard on your burger? You can insert any silly conundrum you want, I think you get the point.

By the way, I am not intending to flame you with this at all, so please do not take my post as a silly little trolling response, I am being serious. I do very much agree with you that people on the forums really do need to calm down, regardless of whether or not they decide to stick around.

Right now I just cannot sleep waiting for my wife to go into labor...so forum discussion helps with that anxiety filled element of being a husband and father.

Edited by Rezakh

Gratz on the noobie you have coming. You make a valid argument and certainly a reasonable position. I do think the doom and gloomers are wrong and that this game will come around and will not be f2p. If it goes F2p I am gone for sure and I will sub somewhere else. When I logged into Fatman I was shocked at how great the game seemed all of a sudden with all those people there. BW head(or whoever is in charge) should be fired for his incompetence in failing to at least give the community more information on the population issues. Dude, take a business 101 class, people are more forgiving when you acknowledge them, we all know this, apparently the head guy couldn't figure that out. I think the merger will spike the pop for a month then it will be the changes that will determine how good the game is. Its not a bad game, of course I will admit I love star wars and if this wasn't star wars I would never have signed up to start with. Even I have my limits though, I was thinking about unsubbing if they didn't announce something soon, I also wish they didn't use the wow model because I think its terrible, but oh well.