Arsenal PvP Feedback

I have recently switched from my Repub characters to a merc, while I am new to the class all I really do is PvP. My repub chars are a shadow, sage and scoundrel, think my shadow is valor 81 (can't remember not played him in a while), my sage valour 52 and my Scoundrel is BM but can't remember the rank.

I love my Merc so far, I switched from Pyro to Arsenal once I dinged 40 so I could spec into HSM. So far I am doing quite well in the spec, BUT I know how to position myself, use los, kite etc... etc... and how to counter classes. However I am nowhere near an expert on the Merc as I am still low level, I understand that once I do reach level 50, it's going to be difficult for me in recruit gear, but that's the same for *most* classes.

My observations so far, is that positioning, using los and pre-kiting are my biggest assets. I think cure needs to be off the GCD, when facing off against Vangaurds/PT's that can spam proc the slow on you, it's counter productive trying to cleanse and waste a GCD as the snare is immediately applied, having cure off the GCD would help to give us a chance against snares being applied rapidly and would aid in kiting.

We could use a hard root, something tied into Rocket Punch (maybe Jet Escape) would help us deal with melee while not giving us the ability to lock someone down at range.

I do miss having an interrupt when facing healers and have struggled to kill them unless I goto melee range and use rocket punch / knock back to interrupt casts, I would imagine going against geared WH healers, it's probably impossible to kill one.

Edited by Archaar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could use some more input from the community. Keep it up guys. This thread isn't just here for the Dev's, it's for all of us. And these claims I make about this spec are of no value if they're never scrutinised. Edited by fujeo-finel

i was arsenal pvp from 1- v70 then switched to pyro and loved it. Not only is pyro mobile, its a great support dps class.

Then i started to get full war-hero gear augmented with 30% crit and 75% surge so i switched back to arsena.. My dps is at 985 primary with expertise at 1330. Even though we got tht TM/DFA nerf, i've been hitting WH squishies for 2.2-2.6k . and 2 k for tanks. And our HSM hit from 3.8-5 k with a rail shot crit 3.2-3.6k. These numbers arent that accurate but alot of the pubs i go against at BM/WH gear.Also ever since they fixed that unload crit buff, the ticks on unload are solid.

I just dont think im going to hit 500-600 k any time soon with arsenal but as a pyro u can.

i was arsenal pvp from 1- v70 then switched to pyro and loved it. Not only is pyro mobile, its a great support dps class.

Then i started to get full war-hero gear augmented with 30% crit and 75% surge so i switched back to arsena.. My dps is at 985 primary with expertise at 1330. Even though we got tht TM/DFA nerf, i've been hitting WH squishies for 2.2-2.6k . and 2 k for tanks. And our HSM hit from 3.8-5 k with a rail shot crit 3.2-3.6k. These numbers arent that accurate but alot of the pubs i go against at BM/WH gear.Also ever since they fixed that unload crit buff, the ticks on unload are solid.

I just dont think im going to hit 500-600 k any time soon with arsenal but as a pyro u can.

Arse Dmg is great! Then another class attacks you...they all have an interupt...your not casting TM anymore...your dmg numbers drop significantly now that your having trouble getting three TM's per target for debuffs, you running away from every class in the game because they can all shut you down.... Pyro doesnt do more dmg..its fluff because you can run around and throw Incendiary, and TD...with the occasional RS on every target with some auto shots to maintain heat and not be interupted.....Probably wont kill anyone...But you'll hit really high numbers.